Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Interior & Electrics

Old 25-09-2015, 04:43 PM   #1
BrownDog

Car: 1997 BA "The Red Baron"
MAAAAAD A/C, boost and other Controller

so im sitting here in my hotel room in between killing time until i start work by watching the Mighty Car Mods Gramps build

an they did something that really got me thinking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaI9O5yeuWc

go to 26:00 and play from there

Basically, its the JDM digital climate control thats been gutted and had an Arduino Micro-Controller put inside and programmed to control the A/C, fan and heater controls, however if you hold down the Auto button u can change settings related to boost, BOV, Turbo timer and other maaaaad things

soooo ahh.... yeah thats the plan

Firstly i have to track down a digital climate control for my BA, i think Rupe has one just too impatient to wait for photos

while i wait for that i found a neat site on the www that allows you to build circuits using the arduino and basic components so you can code and test before the hardware arrives

https://123d.circuits.io - check it out, its all free

Im very rusty with coding, never paid attention in ITS as i was already quite good with computers and never thought coding would be any use to me, anyway...

so far ive managed to get the screen to say "Zoom-Zoom" for about 2 secs as you first turn it on

the goals are to have it control the A/C, fan and heater like it should, then have two other menus:
Engine - Boost, BOV ect..
Other [will probably have another name for this] - interior lights, door lights, dash colour ect.. just random stuff really

this is gonna take me a while but soo keen to do it thogh

The Red Baron

Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
My Madza 323 Goes...
SSSSSSSSTUUTUUTUU
BrownDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links