Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Audio Hi-fi

Old 28-07-2008, 12:52 AM   #41
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
I use to do this ages ago.
IMO real Wanker stuff - I only say that because Now I'm an old bastard - I don't want my music perfect in the car I just want footy results - I got home theatre system to watch and listen to clean crisp music.

but IMO.
If it's for better music sound only. You don't have to do the WHOLE ENTIRE CAR. Sure it makes it better but not over all worth the extra weight and cost.

If you run SUBS - YES do the boot but you can cheat.
Spray deadener is great for this and it's great for the cavaties only one or two coats. Along with if your obsesive the spare tray. But IMO better off lining it with carpet underlay. Cheaper again in terms or how much you buy to do a whole car.
Under lay over non esential areas IMO.

and the good stuff in the others.

For doors I would just do the rear side of the speaker with dynamat. just a square if it's 6.5inch - say a 8 X8 square then spray one coat over the rest of the door skin.
5mm underlay tacked do door trim took car of holes and - your owner didn't have to worry about problems with power window regulators. The whole reason for them Wholes is to get them in and out. a HD 929 owner will remind you of that everytime.

If you want to know out road noise.

It's the wheel wells and the floor.
If you ever see the car stripped you will see where the car makers does not spray the deadener tar. There is a reason as they all do it like that even BMW- lexus and mercs

the Reason they are quiter is false floors. on 90's mercs rip carpet up underlay was not that crappy stuff but a foam based. very durable and hi -duty thick foam cut ot fit with it being up to 40mm in some parts or 50mm.

EVA foam from clark rubber is similar in density
but once you see cost you will under stand why.
It is the best light weight sound deadener, you can buy.

I've done wall cavities with the stuff - Thousands in cost but.
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2008, 05:18 PM   #42
mussing

Car: 1990 323 Astina BG SP
Well I've decided to go ahead and order some RAAMmat BXT from a guy who's authorised to sell it from Singapore (cheaper shipping than the states), and that provides 62 square feet, which should be enough to deaden just about the whole car. RAAMmat website here if anyone's interested, it did really well in the sound deadener showdown, and it's about twice as cheap to get as dynamat extreme.

They're out of the ensolite closed-cell foam underlay stuff though - what kind of carpet underlay did you guys that did it use?

I also got some underbody spray (I think it's bitumen based) for the wheel wells.
mussing is offline   Reply With Quote