Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Audio Hi-fi

Old 09-08-2008, 04:44 PM   #1
chrisw
2-Wheeled Weirdo

Car: '09 GT650r
Send a message via MSN to chrisw
Progress of my audio set up and half rant.

So ive gotten some stuff done finally for the audio.

pioneer 6 inch front's and 4 inch rears to replace the stock standard, finally got the door trims back on. sound good.

now for the half rant.

paid Audio Excellence in Campbelltown to fit my headunit because I couldnt find a harness.

100 dollars to fit a headunit with a black garnish since its not stock size sounded good. wiring... perfect.

however on the drive home the headunit fell out... noticed it was not attached to the dash in any way, the unit was slipped into the bracket.. but the bracket was not attached to anything, just slipped behind the black garnish without any support for the rear of the unit either.

Now before i picked up the car i was told it was a simple seamless install and it turned out great.

so i returned it to be fixed under warranty of install, came back 20 mins later, told it shouldnt happen again and it should be fine now. went out the back, the missus jumped in the car and within 1 second removed the headunit again, just from lightly pulling on the removable facia.

now I went back inside to bring it up, I was told it was the bracket that was not suitable, and he could fix it with hot glue for 60 dollars.

sorry, service and job was fine, wiring was great, but the approach to how they delt with me for the install was sub-par. if they thought there was going to be issues like this with the install then they should call me during, and ask for my impression / ideas, not to have it happen after.

so I will go buy the ryda dash fitting kit MYSELF and fix it without having to go through this drama and get charged another 100 dollars.

thanks for the wiring help but not much else.

rant over.

oh ps. i was told somewhere they were the best stereo guys in campbelltown, thats why i used them. frankly id rather be overcharged by strathfield or something another time.
chrisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2008, 01:41 AM   #2
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

Car: 1996 BA Hatch & 2005 RX8
what you mean the bracket for the cd player? they are all just bout the same anyway, and if it came with the cd player than it should b the right one. DO NOT USE GLUE you will want to take it off at one point mayb..
take the whole thing off, if the HU sits in the bracket, and the only way to take it of is by pressing the tags than that should be fine. once you put the bracket in the console, with the cd player out, bend all the tags, as much as you can, an the bracket (L shaped ones look kinda like this < ) untill you cant move the bracket any more. then put the cd player in untill it clicks. make sure its the right way up thou cus it might make a difference
hope this helps man
Old 11-08-2008, 06:41 PM   #3
chrisw
2-Wheeled Weirdo

Car: '09 GT650r
Send a message via MSN to chrisw
yah, they used the sleeve... but i realised not ANY of the other parts that came with the radio, not the back support bracket, the side parts that actually screw into the car, or anything! just the sleeve with the pins! WTF!!!

now i have to see if they left the parts in the box!

not so happy jan...
chrisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:47 PM   #4
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

Car: 1996 BA Hatch & 2005 RX8
they wouldnt use the side brackets that screw in. not for the dash anyway. those brackets are used if you decideto put it somewhere else in your car, like the glovebox 4 eg, then you screw the brackets on to the cd player, then on the stand that you have to fabricate, then put the faciure over it. if you are just putting it in to the centre console, where its meant to go its a very simple 10 min job. the hardest part is taking the stock player out. after that you just put the sleeve in to the din, bend the pins out and slide the cd player in. if the sleeve isnt locking the cd player in than most likely either the springy clip on the sleeve is bent out, or the tag on the cd where the clip latches on to is bent. what brand is it?