Administrator

Car: AZ-1, Astina Hardtop Turbo, BJ Protege, Beetle
OMZ Dinner at 'Garage Cafe' - 19th May 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIJIMA
Address: 221 Berkeley St, Carlton
Date: Saturday, 19th of May
Time: 6:30pm

The one thing Melbourne has over Sydney is our restaraunts, so Guys, I cant describe how good the Garage Cafe is, so you'll have to come along for yourselves, I cant even believe how good or cheap the food is, I menitoned before in an earlier thread that main's are under $10 bucks! It gets better its not just cheap, the food is fantastic! Add ozmazda.com members and some cool cars and I reckon we are in for a good night.

Ive done a trial run on saturday night, and I dont think anyone will be dissapointed. If we get more than 20 people (which I think we will) I need to know who is coming so I can book for enough tables. After dinner, for the people that want to kick on. We will be finding some of the cities best photographic oportunities and maikng the most of the nightlife. So guys, bring your car, your camera, (dont forget your tripod) and a smile.

This event is open to everyone + partners (yes even the lurkers that dont usually post on the forums) I would like this event to be a bit of an ice breaker and get to know each other night. Below are some images and reviews of the garage cafe:

Quote:
What do you expect to find in a garage? Tires, oil, men in jumpsuits� How about some of the most authentic home-style Indonesian food Melbourne has to offer? Fed up of being turned down by cafe landlords for having no hospitality experience, Garage owner Robin decided to open his caf� in the most unlikely of places. Garage Cafe & Bar was once an old car park. After some intensive renovation, it is now a dining space complete with pool tables, arcade games (Sega Rally of course) and parking. True to its former incarnation, you can coast your car straight into Garage and park.

Garage plays all sorts of music to fit the eclectic assortment of customers � listen to hard-NRG, jazz or R&B as you take in the unique surroundings and sample classic dishes like Gado-Gado, Ayam Penyet and Beef Rendang. Robin says all his recipes came from Mom�s kitchen. One thing�s for sure, his Mom was a big fan of chilli. Come summer, Garage is starting its icy treats. Cool off with an Asian ice delight � Es Campur and slurp up the jellies, cocktail fruit all swimming in condensed milk-infused ice shavings. Or go for something different with the �Holland Pancake�, a desert so hard to find in Melbourne, Robin had to get special stoves flown in to make it.

It�s always a joy to discover restaurants with a unique flavour. Garage stands out for its dare to be different attitude, home-style food and of course - the free indoor parking.

Quote:
Every time I visit Garage, I am faced with a dilemma - which of my two favourite dishes should I order? The Thai Green Chicken Curry, with its soft, coconut milky consistency and lashings of shredded bamboo shoots, is fabulous. But so too is the Soto Ayam, a fantastic nourishing chicken soup that comes with a side serve of rice, a side dollop of very hot Sambel Asli, shredded cabbage and half a boiled egg on top. On balance, I generally go for the latter, given that Garage is after all an Indonesian cafe, and a damn fine one at that. Don't be put off visiting Garage as we head into the winter months - the dining area is well heated, and the friendly service, strains of Nina Simone and sambal will keep you warm. Now if only I could find soto ayam this good in the CBD!

IF THIS IS SOMTHING YOUR INTRESTED IN PLEASE POST UP YOUR INTREST!
Ok, i went here with a few JDMST mates on saturday, and KIJIMA is proposing a OZMAZDA.com dinner.

Anyone interested in going?

Good food, good atmosphere, seeya there.

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com
Sourcing your not-quite-overnight parts from Japan

WRECHT--|--SLOWTEGE--|--BEETLE--|--SUBSTITUTE--|--AZ-1

Rupewrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 20-05-2007, 07:30 PM   #2
Rupewrecht
Administrator

Bunch of weaksauces, you should have come! It was good. Was about 10 cars at dinner, less for the pics.

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com

Old 21-05-2007, 05:54 PM   #3
CityEnd

Car: .
wow great pics dan
CityEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2007, 09:09 AM   #4
Dogo

Car: Mazda 323 BA BPT transplant
since when was your car shiny ??
Old 22-05-2007, 09:11 AM   #5
Rupewrecht
Administrator

Since i washed it!

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com

Old 22-05-2007, 09:40 AM   #6
Dogo

Car: Mazda 323 BA BPT transplant
so clever huh

hey ....

Quote:
1996 Mazda Astina Hardtop Turbo - Readers Ride updated 07/07/2007
wattha ?
Old 22-05-2007, 09:55 AM   #7
Rupewrecht
Administrator

lol i can see into the future.

i wondered when someone would pick that up...umm...yes...that's the reason...

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com