Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > Technology + Gaming

Old 18-01-2012, 09:53 PM   #21
mikey_something

Car: 1998 Toyota Supra 3.0L Twin Turbo
my antivirus runs perfectly smoothly, because its situated on an SSD.
Total scan time of Windows 7 SSD:: 1minute 32seconds:: 0 infections found:: 8 tracker cookies detected:: Awaiting user confirmation
mikey_something is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #22
swift jimmy

Car: Was '01 SP20 with FS-ZE
Kaspersky and malwarebytes here :-)
swift jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2012, 06:45 PM   #23
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
Interesting READ.

I Know nothing about This stuff anymore - since I left website desgin over ten year ago.

but one thing I've known is nothing for FREE is good.
I've used and paid for AVG for years they were the biggest provider to banking systems so I've had it since then. I've also always paid for it as no paying a few hundred dolllards for like 5 years supscription - TO ME - is like petty 5 finger discount. Proberly why most people with out paid versions don't get good protection.

How is full AVG 2012 or what ever package I have is top range over 10 PC licence too I have 5 in Australia alone. 1 in Europe 3 in Asia . SO it pays to be protected. it's just hard to get the users to update them etc.

I have to say it's been perfect the most infected PC is always my own Junk(the slow one for internet crap) PC. having said that This PC see's more **** then any other.

Not that really care but when I did work for IBM in one devision I always wondered why Anti-virus was free. I had one guy explain say this to me.

" It's not just marketing it's also testing in the market place " - he went on to point out in his nice right wing manner- "who cares for the individuals - our biggest concern is the companys we are out to sell to"
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2012, 08:26 PM   #24
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

Car: 1996 BA Hatch & 2005 RX8
You can get full payed versions for free rod
Old 21-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #25
TheMAN

Car: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodhog View Post
Interesting READ.

I Know nothing about This stuff anymore - since I left website desgin over ten year ago.

but one thing I've known is nothing for FREE is good.
I've used and paid for AVG for years they were the biggest provider to banking systems so I've had it since then. I've also always paid for it as no paying a few hundred dolllards for like 5 years supscription - TO ME - is like petty 5 finger discount. Proberly why most people with out paid versions don't get good protection.

How is full AVG 2012 or what ever package I have is top range over 10 PC licence too I have 5 in Australia alone. 1 in Europe 3 in Asia . SO it pays to be protected. it's just hard to get the users to update them etc.

I have to say it's been perfect the most infected PC is always my own Junk(the slow one for internet crap) PC. having said that This PC see's more **** then any other.

Not that really care but when I did work for IBM in one devision I always wondered why Anti-virus was free. I had one guy explain say this to me.

" It's not just marketing it's also testing in the market place " - he went on to point out in his nice right wing manner- "who cares for the individuals - our biggest concern is the companys we are out to sell to"
do you remember the days of IBM Anti-Virus? oh how horrible it was!
Old 21-01-2012, 04:11 PM   #26
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70NYD View Post
You can get full payed versions for free rod
And if you run a business and get caught it's not worth the Fines. Individuals are not a primary target by large corperations but. Then again I've Sacked many a IT Dick for using Un-licenced software.
It's a bit like I'd rather pay a fine - then go to court to explain why my car was noisy left rubber on the road. one cost you X amount - little history the other hovers of your head for the rest of your life.

take this from me
When you want to make Money without paying more in the future you have to spend it up front. So you cover your ass.

Yes IBM was not popular for anything. **** hell I don't think anyone was ever pround to work there. I don't even think they are n the same building anymore. I know everyone I worked with under - or over. Has moved on.
Lucky for me it was simple script writing and other junk. Mainly SIMPLICTY USE. It's amazing still how many IT people in both desgin and production still forget about the Basic user Assuming they get it already. That alone casues mass number of lost revenue.
Lucky for me I got out of it and went into a are where there is no backdoor -no cheat sheet - no it will do it's enough. It's Yes or NO - or you loose the contract. It's alot simpler. You don't comply you make a mistake you pay 2Million in damages. At least in Engineering you know where you stand.
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:25 PM   #27
Abaddon

Car: White 1996 Astina Hatch 1.8L Man
I've been using Avast for years with no problems. But have just switched to VIPRE on my main pc, since I've heard good things about it's performance, and I got a full version for free (thanks Toms Hardware).