Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > Off Topic

Old 25-11-2009, 11:47 AM   #81
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

Car: 1996 BA Hatch & 2005 RX8
lol is all im gonna say to those posts.. no sex b4 marrige, while i appreciate the fact that you can excercise self restraint, is a little outdated and heavily religous, both of which i am not, and i find funny when in this day and age ppl are giving promises to stay abstinent before marige. i mean hell u might get a bag of rotten apples, but seing how its the 1st apples u had, they are the best ones.. wouldnt u rather have good apples.. im sorry if u dont understand what im on about.
also sex is no longer here just for procreation, it is part of everyday life and it really is something that we as humans do more for pleasure..
im sorry to be forward like this but i just think that way of thinking is a little backwards.

also regarding brakes and corners and gear changes, you should realy do all of that before you start turning, you should only really coast thru a corner.
noone has the right to be angry with the you for a accident. i mean its called a accident, and it could not be avoided. to avoid matters like that stay at home and dont go out at all because OH MY GOD A BUS WILL HIT YOU..

Last edited by 70NYD; 25-11-2009 at 11:50 AM.
70NYD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2009, 12:10 PM   #82
chicaboo

Car: Touge monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70NYD View Post
lol is all im gonna say to those posts.. no sex b4 marrige, while i appreciate the fact that you can excercise self restraint, is a little outdated and heavily religous, both of which i am not, and i find funny when in this day and age ppl are giving promises to stay abstinent before marige.
Those actually aren't new ways of thinking. But that way of thinking has opened the door to the things that Rod had mentioned, the muder of inconvenient babies, and spread of AIDS, etc.

Good luck Jon,
Gav.
chicaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2009, 12:23 PM   #83
marcs_sp20

Car: 2002 Mazda Astina SP20 2006 Mazda 6 GY Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70NYD View Post
lol is all im gonna say to those posts.. no sex b4 marrige, while i appreciate the fact that you can excercise self restraint, is a little outdated and heavily religous, both of which i am not, and i find funny when in this day and age ppl are giving promises to stay abstinent before marige.
I know quite a few people that live by this rule of "no sex before marriage" and live just a happy life (and are around the 22-25yo bracket), so its far from outdated, it shows good faith, not only to there religion, but to themselves. You have to also realise Peer Pressure also has a lot to blame as well...

Sex is not always the be all and end all in a relationship, if you are just in a relationship for the sex and not the person that they really are, its not a relationship IMO...
Old 25-11-2009, 02:41 PM   #84
bourbon
The Hairy Mod

Car: MINI Cooper S 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcs_sp20 View Post
if you are just in a relationship for the sex and not the person that they really are, its not a relationship IMO...
well it is a relationship...its a sexual relationship or aka "friends with benifets" haha
bourbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2009, 02:56 PM   #85
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

i dont think you understood what i meant guys
i know quite a few ppl like that as well, that are 18-23 that dont want sex b4 marrige, but im saying that its outdated in the sense that it is the old way of thinking, when sex really was only used for procreation. i mean 50 years ago everyone was like that, now only a handfull of ppl out of the general population. and no sex is not n should not be the point of a relationship, i mean a actual relationship but it should be a part
im sorry if this offended anyone, this is my personal view, and if you cant tell im not relegious. i beleive in god just not relegion.
Old 25-11-2009, 03:18 PM   #86
RedLineResident

Car: BA V6 Hardtop 5 Speed & 97 Prelude VTIR
^
Quote:
'I believe in god just not religion'
That is a perfect way to describe it.
I more or less share the same opinion you do when it comes to this...

"Amateurs practice until they get it right."
"Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong."
RedLineResident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2009, 04:23 PM   #87
mikey_something

Car: 1998 Toyota Supra 3.0L Twin Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLineResident View Post
^

That is a perfect way to describe it.
I more or less share the same opinion you do when it comes to this...
+1 for tony's post

i believe there is something/someone out there which has a power over us which we can't (wont ever?) fully understand or influence, and that could be God, Buddha, Fate, The Sun?
So its not exactly religion...
mikey_something is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2009, 04:33 PM   #88
chicaboo

Car: Touge monster
To those who believe in a God/higher power, without understanding or doctrine to lead them: Do you expect Him [God] to be measured by your expectations, or you to be measured by what He expects of you?

Consider,
Gav.
chicaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2009, 04:35 PM   #89
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

thx guys, im happy someone else shares my views as well.. i usually get flamed on this topic all the time from most ppl i know
im sorry for going this of topic on this thread
mill i really hope u do whats best for YOU mate