Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > Your Rides/Project Worklog

Old 10-10-2013, 08:02 PM   #1
WillyyP

Car: 1994 Mazda 323 Astina
Talking Will's BA Astina 4Cyl

This is my 1994 Mazda 323 Astina Hatch.
There's a lot planned for the car, but first thing's first and that is replacing all of the worn out parts.

Last edited by WillyyP; 10-10-2013 at 08:11 PM.
WillyyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2013, 09:08 PM   #2
Alemenara
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 94 V6 BA Hatch
So last week i get a call... "the car is overheating and the coolant level is full". turns out the water pump is leaking and the car is leaving pools everywhere... So being 285xxx km i figured its time to do timing and water pump (along with a few other things whilst its all pulled apart. So at the moment the car sits like this

Started tearing it down today to do the water pump and timing belt. Cams and stuff are all still in good shape

Master cylinder was done a couple weeks ago, slave was not done at the same time, so since one was sitting around i decided to replace it just to be on the safe side.

Taking all the splash trim off has revealed some nasty oil residue build-up so i have to get in there with the degreaser tomorrow. Cleaned up the splash guards and timing case as they were filthy... Aircon compressor and the drivers side of the sump is absolutely covered in crap, its putrid! Also noticed oil building up between the bellhousing on the gearbox and the motor (this is a rear main seal right?)

Still yet to remove the main engine mount and replace the water pump & timing belt (job for tomorrow morning) and still have to replace the fuel filter and possibly replace any other busted seals we can get at.
Alemenara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #3
project.r.racing

Car: n/a
is the car only proped up with a jack?
project.r.racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:21 PM   #4
Alemenara
AstinaGT Regular

No theres an axel stand on the drivers side where the wheel is off, all other wheels are on the ground. I'm not suicidal. Jack is only there to lift the transmission off its mount so i could get at the slave cylinder.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #5
Clean_Cookie
obsessed-incomplete-broke

Car: BA Hardtop/Hatch
I struggled enough with the bubbles water pump in the car, good luck and don't forget the gaskets or let them fall out in the dark...cause that sucks!
Old 10-10-2013, 09:45 PM   #6
Alemenara
AstinaGT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean_Cookie View Post
I struggled enough with the bubbles water pump in the car, good luck and don't forget the gaskets or let them fall out in the dark...cause that sucks!
Got a mate helping me do both the water pump and belt, it's actually at his workshop. He's showing me what's what... but so far it hasn't been that much of a pita to get to, only stuff left to get out of the way is the power steering container and the drivers side engine mount. Putting it all back in doesn't seem that hard, but the water pump and timing belt both look to be a right pain to get lined up/bolted on. Also - working in the dark always sucks... done that a few times, i try to refrain from doing it as i end up wasting a ton of time trying to line stuff up i can't see.