Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Performance & General Maintenance

Old 03-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #21
Rabz_Rox

Car: 2002/2003 Mazda 323
I'd be interested in the front bumper side skirts and rear bumper or rear spoiler off it if it is a separate piece!!!!!
Rabz_Rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:53 PM   #22
Rabz_Rox

Here's a technical question. The only difference between the FP and FS was the stroke and compression. And the only difference between the ZE and the FS is stroke and compression. Why so many ECUs? Surely the inputs are all the same? The only thing I can think of is different outputs. So if I could load the FS map tables into my FP ECU then it would be the same. Yes/No???
Old 03-02-2012, 05:05 PM   #23
TheMAN

Car: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz_Rox View Post
If he's asking the right price I don't mind paying for shipping. Although it would have to be an auto trans!!!
yeah, going to be hard if it's auto
I know there's a lot more auto FS-ZEs out there than manual.... so if you're still willing to try....
Old 03-02-2012, 05:08 PM   #24
TheMAN

Car: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz_Rox View Post
Here's a technical question. The only difference between the FP and FS was the stroke and compression. And the only difference between the ZE and the FS is stroke and compression. Why so many ECUs? Surely the inputs are all the same? The only thing I can think of is different outputs. So if I could load the FS map tables into my FP ECU then it would be the same. Yes/No???
no... FS-DE and FS-ZE has same displacement, so same stroke... only compression ratio was different... everything else was the same except for the intake and exhaust manifolds (the "OBD II" FS-ZE had the same exhaust as the FS-DE)

your idea works in theory, except without knowing how to programme them, it is impossible to do

that's why there's so many ECUs... different programming "out of the box" from the factory for different engines, for different emissions requirements of each country
Old 03-02-2012, 05:15 PM   #25
Rabz_Rox

Keeps getting trickier!! Though the ZE sounds a closer match, I'm concerned about the ODBII difference. Probably better just getting the FS ECU and loom and rewiring. probably better than. Trial and error!!!

Tags
323, astina, sp20, tps, voltage