Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Communities > South Australia

Old 19-03-2011, 02:07 PM   #1
SLY 323t

Car: BG Astina SP Turbo
Who is here in S.A?

Gday guys I was wondering how many of us in Adelaide still use the forum, I thought that making a fresh thread people can see who is still active and maybe get some more people to join and stop lurking in the shadows like me for a year or so.

Name - Car or Cars- Location - Events that interest you & pics if your keen of you or your car.

My name is Christian I have a couple of SP astinas one dark blue and one white.
I live at Belair but my workshop is located in Salisbury Plain which is almost like home anyway.

I'am keen to cruise, have a bbq for any occasion, mallala practice days and other motorsport, working bees for members cars, go karting, meet for counter meals & more stuff too no doubt. Pic of car up soon!
SLY 323t is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 19-03-2011, 09:03 PM   #2
mynameisdaniel

Car: 07 Subaru Liberty GT Spec B tuned by STi
Good idea

I'm Daniel, got a silver SP20, in the North East suburbs, would be up for a cruise, or anything Christian mentioned

My Car
Old 20-03-2011, 08:03 PM   #3
inigo

Car: Eunos 30X KLZE, Mazda AZ-1
Sweet SP20!

My name's David, have a 2000 FSZE 4wd SP20 (personal import through NZ), a 1995 Mazda 30X with a 2.5V6 KLZE from a Eunos 500, and SA's only (I think!) Mazda AZ-1.

Live in Alberton and would be interested in all the normal things, might take you up on that 15% off offer Christian! That RX7 with the Cosmo rotary must be a beast too....
inigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2011, 11:11 AM   #4
Wallie

Car: Laser KE TX3 Turbo
hey,
My names Ryan.
i havent owned a mazda in about 8years but looking at buying a mazda 3 in the not so soon future.
currently i drive a 1988 KE TX3 Turbo. (Same as a BFMR)
i am also SA Event Manager for Fordlaser.com so you might see cruise/ events posted here for fordlaser events cos we have quiet a few familia's

Old 06-04-2011, 09:09 AM   #5
SLY 323t

Car: BG Astina SP Turbo
So there is a handful of us then, good stuff! Pretty sure there may be a few that havent posted though.

Daniel your SP20 looks really nice, think I've seen it around the place Nice shot too where abouts was that taken?

David I love your different cars, 4wd SP20 thats cool we were trying to see if we could get a 4wd Mazda 6 wagon from NZ a little while ago but got informed that we couldnt because the same model car came out here... but not 4wd
I think I have seen the AZ-1 down Port Rd before but did'nt know or think it was a Mazda.
I'll make any of your cars look new once again if your keen for the 15% off.
The Rx7 is a bit of an animal, it always puts a smile on my dial no matter what even now just talking about it.

Ryan, Mazda 3 is a good choice they are a good car. Going to keep your laser too? They are great fun little cars to drive like a little go kart
I'll have to join fl.com too cheers for that.

Here is a pic of my Astina at Mallala. I'll try get some shots of a few of my other cars up too.

SLY 323t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:02 AM   #6
RedLineResident

Car: BA V6 Hardtop 5 Speed & 97 Prelude VTIR
Hi,
I'm Miki,
I've had a couple astina's over the last 5-6 years, both BA V6, both blue... both manual.
Nowadays I drive an IS200 and the astina has been handed over to my younger brother.
I still pop by here regulatory to keep track of what goes on.

Work ties me up pretty wildly, so I generally can't make any meets or cruises unless it's at night or in the evening... But when I can make it I intend to be there.

"Amateurs practice until they get it right."
"Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong."
RedLineResident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 08:26 PM   #7
BAbyV6

Car: BA II Astina V6 Hatch
I just noticed this thread so I thought I should contribute.

My name is Jared, I have been the owner of a somewhat temperamental dark blue BA V6 hatch, as well as an R33 Skyline. I live in the western suburbs & am up for most things car & technology related.

Will be enjoying my Mazda a lot more once I get my problems sorted.
BAbyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:20 PM   #8
smee

Car: familia
I'm in here.
Car will be out for Adelaide Hills Tarmac rally on May 28th.
Service park at Victor Harbour as well as Pennys Lane Winery.
Stages include Willunga hill and Hindmarsh Tiers.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:21 PM   #9
Ja_13_bg

Car: 323 BG Astina SP
Hay,
I'm Ja (said like jay), I have 3 BG astina's.
a sohc 5sp man. dark blue and needing a paint
an SP now with a sohc Auto in it. Dark green
and my main which is about to get a lot of work which is an SP DOHC. Aqua (soon to b dark blue/green -ford colour)
Would love to cruze sometime
Ja_13_bg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2011, 09:19 AM   #10
rusbybg

Car: BF 323 SS 86
just responding

My names russ, been on fl.com a while as I've had a tx3 turbo and just sold a bf 323ss. Got a BG Astina SP now, first time I've posted.first run will be the Bunyip cruise soon
rusbybg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:03 AM   #11
jonnyman

Car: 1990 Mazda 323 Astina SP
I'm around, i got a blue '90 astina SP.. nothin special, only my first car but for a little 4cyl it goes! haven't done too much modifying, sub in the back, cat-back exhaust (sounds awesome) replaced all the stock speakers and head unit.. and chucked a few neons in cause i got bored and had a spare supercheap voucher
jonnyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2011, 05:18 PM   #12
Sam_323

Car: 1991 BG Astina w/GTX engine & 1990 Astina SP w/GTX Engine & 1992 Familia GT-R
Send a message via MSN to Sam_323 Send a message via Skype™ to Sam_323
So, I've been back poking around for a while both on here and FL...
Been real busy these days doing TVC's and other edits...
I have a grey '91 Astina SP w/ GTX conversion... recently getting new engine mounts put in, some nice hardened/stronger ones ... so cant wait to see how long they last.
and recently purchased a Familia GTR badged as a '94... Needs some major repairs but very happy with the car.

and will spill some news on project car when that becomes official and ball get rolling further... :P

mega keen to go on some cruizes or photo shoots with us guys when i get both back and running sweet.
Sam_323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2011, 03:45 PM   #13
jonnyman

Car: 1990 Mazda 323 Astina SP
heres some pics of my BG SP...

nothing special really, pretty much stock except 1 1/2" exhaust from the cat back, replaced all the speakers with pioneer, head unit to sony, clarion sub with sony 1300W amp in the boot, standard supercheap auto gear knob and boot... and the little cosmetic things here and there...

Last edited by jonnyman; 21-07-2011 at 03:47 PM.
jonnyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2011, 09:55 PM   #14
Sam_323

Car: 1991 BG Astina w/GTX engine & 1990 Astina SP w/GTX Engine & 1992 Familia GT-R
Heres a pic of my two joys... both need a clean, but still look awesome together...

Old 25-07-2011, 10:09 PM   #15
Wallie

Car: Laser KE TX3 Turbo
do you live up blackwoodway sam. i think i saw your familia outside blackwood sound Saturday morning
Old 27-07-2011, 08:57 PM   #16
Sam_323

na man... in the campbelltown area...
actually havent driven it in the last couple of days...
Old 18-12-2011, 12:42 AM   #17
xeon8

Car: 2000 Mazda BJI Protege
Hey guys,

I'm Nick, the proud owner of my 2000 Protege BJI. I'm up around the Campbelltown/Athelstone area and I am surely looking forward to cruises, practice days or just any AGT event basically!
I haven't modified my car that much (does an exhaust and sound system count?), as I am still on my P's (the P plate does not mean Provisional, instead it means Pick on Me), so I am avoiding unwanted attention though. Once I am off the P's, the mods will begin (hopefully!)

I am one of these people who are obsessed with cleaning their car. I am usually outside detailing my car every few days, be it rain hail or shine. The end result however, is amazing - an 11 year old car looking as if it came out of the factory!
xeon8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2011, 12:48 AM   #18
Sam_323

Dude... by the looks of those pics... I'm right around the corner from ya...
good to see you keeping it clean.

welcome to the wonderful 323 network.

keep her sparkling.

ps. not too sure on those cruizes atm... being the ol' eyes on the roads in our area..
Old 18-12-2011, 03:58 PM   #19
xeon8

Car: 2000 Mazda BJI Protege
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_323 View Post
Dude... by the looks of those pics... I'm right around the corner from ya...
good to see you keeping it clean.

welcome to the wonderful 323 network.

keep her sparkling.

ps. not too sure on those cruizes atm... being the ol' eyes on the roads in our area..
Yep, Foxfield oval is a great place to take pictures imo! Thanks for the welcome mate. Looking forward to seeing you around if thats the case, you being right round the corner from me!
xeon8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2011, 05:22 PM   #20
mynameisdaniel

Car: 07 Subaru Liberty GT Spec B tuned by STi
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeon8 View Post
Hey guys,

I'm Nick, the proud owner of my 2000 Protege BJI. I'm up around the Campbelltown/Athelstone area and I am surely looking forward to cruises, practice days or just any AGT event basically!
I haven't modified my car that much (does an exhaust and sound system count?), as I am still on my P's (the P plate does not mean Provisional, instead it means Pick on Me), so I am avoiding unwanted attention though. Once I am off the P's, the mods will begin (hopefully!)

I am one of these people who are obsessed with cleaning their car. I am usually outside detailing my car every few days, be it rain hail or shine. The end result however, is amazing - an 11 year old car looking as if it came out of the factory!
I wouldn't worry about the modifying of your car when you're on your Ps, look at my car above, I drove it around looking like that for the entire time I had my Ps and didn't get pulled over or breathoed once, even when I took it up to schoolies It's a mazda, not a WRX or commondore so you won't have much trouble.

I'm the same with cleaning my car, the silver is great, if you put a coat of carnauba wax on it it'll look clean and glassy even if it just rained