Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Communities > ACT

Old 26-09-2003, 12:46 AM   #21
UNV-323

Send a message via MSN to UNV-323
Hey. I know this isnt really about the cruise. but about how quick do your cars do 0 - 100km/h??? Just a rough time. mine is somewhere around 10 seconds. Is an SP that much different when it comes to performance?
Old 26-09-2003, 08:57 AM   #22
bRaDiNhO
AstinaGT Regular

Car: '90 SP
Send a message via MSN to bRaDiNhO
SP was about 9.0. In Holland there was a time posted of 8.1 which is rubbish, but check out MOTOR from early 90's and they got 9.14 from memory. MOTOR load the car up with two passengers, half tank of fuel and 2 bags or similar to make conditions realistic as well. V6 was mid 8's, BA 1.8 was highish 9s in manual.
Old 01-10-2003, 11:26 AM   #23
Smikey
AstinaGT Regular

Car: BA '97 Astina
haha! went to wakefield yesterday 30th September, twas very mad
Although some surprising astina dynamics. Under hardbraking into the first hairpin (which is downhill), the whole cars weight is shifted to the front and with enough turning begins to want to oversteer/spin<-- ops: didn't make that mistake again. Very cool experience in learning about your car, and other peoples if u have friends that let u drive theirs :wink:
Old 01-10-2003, 04:45 PM   #24
bRaDiNhO
AstinaGT Regular

Car: '90 SP
Send a message via MSN to bRaDiNhO
How many people were there? How long did u get on track? Any probs/ incidents on the day? What cars were there? DETAILS! :P

~Brad~
Old 02-10-2003, 12:48 AM   #25
Smikey
AstinaGT Regular

Car: BA '97 Astina
Twas a open track day, started at 9pm, finished about 4pm
Cost was same as previously stated.
I went there in with a n/a S13, a Renault Clio Sport, WRX (frog eye), Integra type R. Left my house at 5:30am, and got on the way after a few delays and traffic onto the M5. When we got there there were PLENTY of S15's, one had the money for some slicks...bastard, a 180sx which was being hammered, an old skool 325 (supercharged i think cos it was damn fast and had 1.16 lap times). There was an absolute beast of a monaro, C8 supercharged with octane boost and a NOS tank somewhere in the car. He claimed he was gonna use it but the track really didn't allow for it. He drove like a maniac though, kinda no respect overtaking and blocking driving lines without people realising. Also an mx5, a cappacino (those little turbo things), S14 or two, old skool porsche etc. Probably 20 cars there at the most, so pretty empty but good conversation during the breaks.

Near the beginning also had to make way for Formula 3 cars which were lapping around. Some guys tryin to get jobs as formula 3 car drivers we assumed, one of them ran into the dirt eheheh, but that was a small delay.

Only real incident was when i was passenger in the WRX, the guy driving was a friend of the owner, and on the 2nd lap just understeered it badly at the first hairpin, hit the ripple strip, ran into the dirt did a bit of the old bumpidy bump through the dirt and back onto the track to realise a *clunking* noise as the tires rotated ops: tire blown we though. Never seen a WRX with a safety tire on before how cute. Anyway the tire seemed to have just been knocked off the rim, they pumped it up and it kinda clicked back into place all of a sudden and didn't lose pressure, so... moral of the story, close to max pressure tires = good for track, also ripple strips = bad to drive on.

There were so many sessions, and so much time on the track, honestly i was kinda tired of it all by 4pm, drove back, felt very sleepy and fatigued, but otherwise really really awesome. Need that wheel balance now and new fronts badly.