Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > Your Rides/Project Worklog

Old 23-08-2012, 02:34 PM   #221
mattylagana

Car: Ba 323 Astina hatch V6
hello guys an gals, after a few more days of trolling the internet for info, I found that apparently all I need to have the klze engine in and running is infact the engine alone, a pair of guys on club323f had a thread where they say they bring over the dissy from my engine along with maf and then it will run fine. (I'm planning on putting a standalone in anyway but that may take a few months, so can anybody see a problem with this or has anyone experienced a different reality ? cheers for all the help guys.
>97' V6 MAZDA 323 S3|Sunroof|18"x8" RX8 rims|Custom Cold air intake|klze headers, 100cpi cat, resi delete, Apexi back box|Top Gun Leads/NGK Platinum Iridium plugs|Soundstream Sound|Lowered on yellow speeds|Whiteline heavy duty swaybar|cusco front strutty|momo steering|short shifter|Lantis door sills|
This is my girl sxc isn't she? http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18139
mattylagana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2012, 03:40 PM   #222
Clean_Cookie
obsessed-incomplete-broke

Car: BA Hardtop/Hatch
Just be prepared to be without a car for a few weeks and you'll be sweet, look forward to progress! Ps. I have v6 engine wiring here spare if you need to cut it for some reason, as well as a few other parts to suit...
Old 23-08-2012, 05:59 PM   #223
project.r.racing

Car: n/a
having a spare loom is probably a good idea. having some extra wiring for length and correct electrical sockets will go making the job much easier.
project.r.racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #224
mattylagana

Do you think i will end up needing the extra length ? N inbox me what is it u got laying around clean cookie n cheers
>97' V6 MAZDA 323 S3|Sunroof|18"x8" RX8 rims|Custom Cold air intake|klze headers, 100cpi cat, resi delete, Apexi back box|Top Gun Leads/NGK Platinum Iridium plugs|Soundstream Sound|Lowered on yellow speeds|Whiteline heavy duty swaybar|cusco front strutty|momo steering|short shifter|Lantis door sills|
This is my girl sxc isn't she? http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18139
Old 12-11-2012, 10:52 AM   #225
mattylagana

Its been a little while since i last updated my thread so i thought id update it now, hope you guys will enjoy a picture overload, I got myself some new rims not the best of the set :$, here is a pic of it mounted to the car
I also upgraded my brakes all round to slotted rotors with qfm hpx pads, quite happy with them although their not going to put me through the windscreen anytime soon
and also upgraded my wheel studs,
bit rusty as car hasn't moved in a little while, also for anyone that wants to run the rx8 wheels take not of my 20 mm spacers, you dont need that much space but that was the only thing i found available at the time and it works best for me, Then i decided it was time for another exhaust mod, so i deleted the resi and put that apexi box i had laying around on, not a bad note for anyone that likes a cranky tone
Im posting this in lots cause 30 mins ago i had all my post in one bulk lot when my browser **** itself an i lost it all

Last edited by mattylagana; 12-11-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:58 AM   #226
mattylagana

having given up on my engine swap i decided the next best mod would be to change my dieing slipping clutch thats been dieing slowly for the last six months, so I swapped it out for a sports stuff heavy duty clutch , massive downside i wanted to do it myself in turn this resulted in having to take the engine out it was the best a quickest way, so after upgrading the clutch i wanted more power, as you do , so i decided on a weight reduction, so i stripped all my sounds system and boot plastics, spare tyre, jack, tools etc,
which resulted in weight reduction of a awesome 79kgs ( 30kgs is something every ba owner can lose, and the rest was loose junk and sound system etc. My weight reductions got my 0-100 time from a 8.6 with a friend timing on my say so, to a 8.1 after my reduction with sly in the car who is a bit bigger then the mate that was with me in the first run. (all 0-100 test were carried out on a friends farm, on a concrete strip)

Last edited by mattylagana; 12-11-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #227
mikey_something

Car: 1998 Toyota Supra 3.0L Twin Turbo
you sir, need clear tail lights. i think we could work something out.
mikey_something is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:17 AM   #228
mattylagana

I then color coated my wiper blades and upgraded to single piece flex blades
I then got myself a sticker
I then tackled the heat box under my bonnet so i raised the rear the bonnet to get more hot air out [IMG]http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee440/mattylagana/IMG_0172.jpg[/IMG
] i also went back to stock box and a direct air feed as my stainless intake was getting so hot i decided it was not worth having,
while i was in there i decided to degrease my engine, With the help of a guide off 323 f i modded my front indicators and made them clear which i love.
Ive also replaced my steering wheel and gearstick boot and got new chrome door sills
I dont have a pic but i have upgraded my rear sway bar to a whiteline heavy duty, and I also got myself a cusco front strutty also no pics as isnt mounted yet, I think i have covered everything i hope you enjoy.

Last edited by mattylagana; 12-11-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:21 AM   #229
mattylagana

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey_something View Post
you sir, need clear tail lights. i think we could work something out.
You think ?? I dont quite mind the way my rear lights looks, and im not quite sure if i like the clear lights either :$
Old 12-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #230
mattylagana

I also thought id through up some pics of the donor car that I gave my stereo gear to, my girlfriends car ( it actually just got a extractor back full exhaust the other day 100 cpi cat no resi cross flow rear box lol)

Last edited by mattylagana; 12-11-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:35 AM   #231
mikey_something

Car: 1998 Toyota Supra 3.0L Twin Turbo
of course, you and your girlfriend can have matching Altezza lights. If that doesn't say love, i don't know what does.
mikey_something is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:37 AM   #232
mattylagana

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey_something View Post
of course, you and your girlfriend can have matching Altezza lights. If that doesn't say love, i don't know what does.
haha i agree lol although still on the fence on lights i might look at some pics pm me a price an pics
Old 12-11-2012, 11:40 AM   #233
mattylagana

http://s1227.beta.photobucket.com/us...01111.mp4.html link to exhaust sound at current stage lol

and a link to show hella clutch slip
http://s1227.beta.photobucket.com/us...01251.mp4.html

Tags
323, astina, hatch, vsix