Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Communities > Australia Wide

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 11:48 AM   #21
skippy
Resident Dissident

Car: Alfa 156 TS
Go Nate Saturday cruise sounds kick arse, cause I am booked on the 26th to.

maybe we could make it AGT week,

People come down when they wish, meet as they wish, and we have a cruise or something on Thursday 26th and another on Saturday 28th??

Either way we should make a list to use for the poll,

Options for places to go

a beach, (whale ??? fun drive to get there)
blue mountains/caves,
da Gong (sounding popluar)
Go karting
Skirmish/paintball
Old 02-12-2005, 12:23 PM   #22
Nate
Pandaspeed Racing

Car: BG SP
Send a message via MSN to Nate
there has to be some type of cruise involved ... the blue mountains sounds like an awesome idea! chuck up idea's people and we will start up a poll

Life would be straight without twisties STOCK AS A ROCKET!

•motor sport is dangerous and that accidents causing harm can and do happen and may happen to me.
I accept the conditions of, and acknowledge the risks arising from, attending or participating in the event and being provided with the event services by CAMS and the Associated Entities
I THINK I AM N2!
Old 02-12-2005, 12:50 PM   #23
Nate
Pandaspeed Racing

here is what i was thinking

26th - Interstaters drive to sydney
27th - Look around the city or head down to the beach (cronulla??) for a swim. get the whole gang togther for a feed at night
28th - CRUISE! - the blue mountains or the or head down the coast, even the old pacific hwy up the coast
29th - interstaters cruise home in time for work on monday.

•motor sport is dangerous and that accidents causing harm can and do happen and may happen to me.
I accept the conditions of, and acknowledge the risks arising from, attending or participating in the event and being provided with the event services by CAMS and the Associated Entities
I THINK I AM N2!
Old 02-12-2005, 02:06 PM   #24
Dogo

Car: Mazda 323 BA BPT transplant
sydney sucks cant we go somewhere good ?
Old 02-12-2005, 02:35 PM   #25
Nate
Pandaspeed Racing

such as? i suggested sydney because it is a good central meeting point for brisvagans and melbournites alike, and you know you wont get the sydney crew to go far out of sydney ... but suggest away! what did you have in mind?

I THINK I AM N2!
Old 02-12-2005, 05:03 PM   #26
skippy
Resident Dissident

I was thinking of a cruise involved but three days of crusing could get a bit much think we should do something to meet people.

a beach (whale, cronulla,central coast, all city(Central coast=freeway) driving)

blue mountains/caves, (awesome drive to get there!!!, pay tours of caves, free walks outside etc)

da Gong (sounding popluar, a few good drives around there + a beach)

Go karting (no idea where, prob city drive)

Skirmish/paintball (I know a place that has a great rally track on the way, in otherwise city drive).

Wisemans ferry (nice drive but been done a few times)

where are the out of staters thinking of staying???
Old 02-12-2005, 05:13 PM   #27
Nate
Pandaspeed Racing

bexley but have no problems driving anywhere in or around sydney

I THINK I AM N2!
Old 04-12-2005, 08:49 AM   #28
Critter

Car: SP20
*FRETTING*
My Mazda will be getting the turbo done while this is happening. No fair!
Don't really want to bring the Magna wagon! (is that "bad language" here? LOL).

Any chance we can get something happening first week January?
Adjustable lowered suspension with monster brakes
Old 04-12-2005, 12:32 PM   #29
Nate
Pandaspeed Racing

turbo???

I THINK I AM N2!
Old 04-12-2005, 11:48 PM   #30
Red Frog

Car: My feet :p
nate, i'm thinking south coast still. we did a blue mts cruise sumtime last yr (remember Daisy?? ) and it got a little stressful with the traffic and ppl getting lost. the rds are a bit iffy imo. + the tourists. pffft

lets do sth completely different!! sumwhere most ppl from AGT haven't been before - or at least for a long time. i am MORE than happy to coordinate things just need ppls support!

what about taking the coast road to berrima? fantastic wide rds (james, kitty and aaron i'm sure can vouch for this after the Kiama cruise), great scenery, the best scones eva , and hardly any "public" cars to slow us down. actually, there's a few photos in my signiture from the river at berrima. it's literally just off the hume hwy, so melbournites and actians can turn left and head on home, and everyone from the north can turn right and head back up thru campbelltown.

http://www.nowwhereroute.com/travelm...n&checkbox9=on

that gives u an idea of the cruise. the ONLY issue is the hill - damn frickin twisty hill - thru macquarie pass NP. but, we DID have the misfortune of being stuck behind a truck or a volvo driver. however, the rainforest u drive thru is breathtaking now, this IS Amazer da Laser's nook of Australia, so Rob, u might be able to give a better opinion of this route than i.

i think this would be a fantastic idea for a cruise and would love to organise it berrima is a lovely place. now this could be a lunch stop and then every1 heads off on their own way home, or it can be an afternoon stop. fantastic rds and great photo ops!

otherwise we can do it around the opposite way, head down the hume, lunchys at berrima, cruise down the large hill, and coast on home thru wollongong or (if you're heading sth) go back thru moss vale. it WILL be a full day!
Old 05-12-2005, 12:54 PM   #31
skippy
Resident Dissident

Well what was the opinion of Nates suggestion of a Saturday cruise as opposed to a Thursday Cruise (Thursday being the 26th)
Old 05-12-2005, 02:13 PM   #32
Dogo

Car: Mazda 323 BA BPT transplant
Quote:
such as? i suggested sydney because it is a good central meeting point for brisvagans and melbournites alike, and you know you wont get the sydney crew to go far out of sydney ... but suggest away! what did you have in mind?
dont worry Im just stirring trouble

i think I would prefer Sat to thursday. Especially considering some VIC ppl might go, thursday is a bit early in the weekend - we'll be driving up or would have only just got there.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:20 PM   #33
Nate
Pandaspeed Racing

lol thats what we like to see ... trouble

I THINK I AM N2!
Old 05-12-2005, 02:26 PM   #34
Red Frog

okay we're definitely going to hold the MAIN cruise on Saturday 28th January. This then allows whoever/whatever to head to Sydney when they like. Then it gives you guys time to head home on Sunday for work on Monday.

we're really keen on the Berrima idea, but if anyone else can give a detailed idea of something else, then post away!
Old 05-12-2005, 06:14 PM   #35
mazdamanik

Car: Was an Astina now a Commohore :-(
Send a message via MSN to mazdamanik
I def be there ill hok up with burgs and follow him and jonno wherever we go...anyone in the newcastle area that wants a ride i got a free passanger seat (aka. photographer seat)
Old 05-12-2005, 06:21 PM   #36
Red Frog

kewl! good to see some interest occuring!! if u're interested post it up, so we have an idea of who wants to come. + if u have any other suggestions, throw them up too.

i'll prob start a meeting point at thornleigh maccas for the Northerns, and burgs knows where that is, then we'll head down to maybe engadine where we'll meet all the south siders and ACT & Melb crew and go from there. it will be a long day, but well worth it!!! that's the whole point of the AGT Annual cruise. there'll be maps and of course CBs!! (start investing in one now if u don't have one!), so we will be able to find where we're going.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:05 PM   #37
dfvadr

Car: ss , sp20 , 94ba
we,ll b there not in odd12c but as it is pasture now
- 18"ame's
- custom interior
- kenwood head unit , pioneer speakers driven by 800 watt amp , kicker subs driven by 1000 watt amps each sub [135.2db at supernats], two 1th caps 4 tv screens dvd player
- xbox
- airbag suspension with gas strut towers
- custom plates an airbrushing on bonnet
Old 05-12-2005, 09:22 PM   #38
platypus
living in the past man

Car: Subaru Outback 2.0 turbo
Send a message via MSN to platypus
yeah kool!

and ummm i'll get back to ya
Old 05-12-2005, 11:10 PM   #39
Critter

Car: SP20
All sounds good.
I think my SP20 will be on the road at that time now, we shall see. Hope so, sounds like an awesome event in prospect.
Adjustable lowered suspension with monster brakes
Old 05-12-2005, 11:38 PM   #40
Red Frog

great chris!! thanku for the support it's very encouraging.
and rob: don't worry. we will always remember the black betty u can't forget a unique car like her!

well guys make sure u mark the 28th Jan in your diarys, mobiles, calendars, foreheads (for ppl with really bad organisational skills/bad memories), as the official annual cruise day. festivities will be happening from thurs 26th, but these can be organised at a later stage and will be less formal (ie. no need to wash ur car for those hehe)

at this point in time the venue will be wollongong (or nearby) to berrima. if anyone has any issues with this or can suggest sth better, please feel free to post away or PM me. but so far, this looks like a popular start keep posting up if you are interested in attending.

Cheers,
Leigh