Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > General Automotive Talk

Old 23-06-2009, 10:00 AM   #61
DNKY

Car: 1998 MAZDA 323 BA ASTINA
Quote:
hi guys, just thought i'd share a story or two of mine,

One sunday morning on the way to work at around 6.30 am i was just cruising along half asleep as u do on a sunday morning, doing exactly the speed limit, i saw a police car head back the other way, i thought nothing of it as i didnt do anything wrong, anyway i saw it disappear in my rear view mirror and i kept travelling on.

About 2 minutes later and another couple of km's up the road the same car comes flying back up behind me with lights and sirens on. i pulled over absolutely sh*tting myself because my car had a BOV, front mount, lowered, bodykit, 18's and that sorta stuff. anyway the cop comes up to my window and asks me what kinda car it is so i just said 1995 323, his response was, "ok cool, you've done a good job, i just wanted to get a closer look, i couldn't figure out what it was".

I was completely dumbfounded! he was the nicest guy and i couldnt beleive i was stopped just for that!
LOL that cop probably is teasing you at the same time. I'm pretty sure he knows you are ****ting yourself when he was aftering you. lol
Old 23-06-2009, 10:13 AM   #62
NaughtyGT

Car: Sooby B4 - Astina SP parting out
Can't stand em. I am living in Melb, way south that's for sure! The Blessed Boys hang around waiting to pick some poor bastard up when he passes a 50kph sign, (perhaps a good citizen who is fcol, doing 4kph over for 2 sec) conveniently placed mind you, just after a 70kph sign. Fact is, I personally read the leak-out in paper down here that the Honerable Pemier Pomp has instructed his Beloved Boys to go out & get revenue so his State projects get paid for! Yes, I am simply repeating what was leaked ut to the Tabloids!!!

Sorry, no sence of humour @ all for the way we are treated as criminals as soon as you get behind the wheel, no warnings, just give you a fine!

I make damn sure I stick right under the speed limit these days, I aint giving away anymore of my hard-earned cash to the State cause I took my eye off the speedop for 100th sec to actually look @ the road ahead, & "...oh dear Martha, I'm doing 104kph instead of 100!, I will definately be going to hell for sure now..." PO - "Oh you evil, law-breaking, rebelious, turd of a citizen. How dare you,,,,er,,,,"what was that you say, you need us for real help?,,,,hahahahaha"

Get the point!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix

Last edited by NaughtyGT; 23-06-2009 at 10:18 AM.
NaughtyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2009, 12:13 PM   #63
-dc-

Car: BA Hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNKY View Post
LOL that cop probably is teasing you at the same time. I'm pretty sure he knows you are ****ting yourself when he was aftering you. lol
na he was actually a really nice guy, he was having abit of a joke and he wasnt trying to intimidate me at all, he was probably in his early 20's.

I've been lucky that all of my run ins with the Police have been suprisingly good, each officer that i have spoken to has been really nice and they havent been pushy, which is suprising because I drive a mazda with alot of easily visible mods.

i have always beleived that if you treat them with respect they will return an equal amount of respect, its only when you start trying to outsmart them or lie to them then they will start to react to that. i think alot of it is up to the driver's attitude more than anything. thats my 2c!

MORE PARTS FOR SALE!!! Have a look!!
CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT!!
-dc- is offline   Reply With Quote