Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > General Automotive Talk

Old 22-02-2006, 10:31 PM   #1
AstinaBoiV6

Car: ba
Send a message via MSN to AstinaBoiV6
Astinaboiv6's Change Of Mind!!

hey...

About two weeks ago I said i was geting the bodykit available for the hardtop... But now my friend who is bringing it in said it looks gay as it is the same as the hyundai coupe kit... not happy jan.. so instead he offered to make me a custom bodykit sorta like a civic bodykits available which will look alot better...

There fore what to do with the moneyz until 4 months when i get my custom made kit.. well i have thought about it and decided to get the following parts:

- fog lights (not mazda they r rip)
- Bluevision globes
- King Springs Super Low (yes thats rite they do make it for the BA, i have double checked, its called custom)
- new intake piping for the air induction system

Soo watch out on the next cruise.. Although i wont have the best looking car without the kit, it should still look sexy
AstinaBoiV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 22-02-2006, 11:22 PM   #2
project.r.racing

Car: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstinaBoiV6
hey...

About two weeks ago I said i was geting the bodykit available for the hardtop... But now my friend who is bringing it in said it looks gay as it is the same as the hyundai coupe kit... not happy jan.. so instead he offered to make me a custom bodykit sorta like a civic bodykits available which will look alot better...

There fore what to do with the moneyz until 4 months when i get my custom made kit.. well i have thought about it and decided to get the following parts:

- fog lights (not mazda they r rip)
- Bluevision globes
- King Springs Super Low (yes thats rite they do make it for the BA, i have double checked, its called custom)
- new intake piping for the air induction system

Soo watch out on the next cruise.. Although i wont have the best looking car without the kit, it should still look sexy
the kit you were looking at was the veil side kit, not only does the coupe have it but just about every other car out there

fog lights why?
kings why? whiteline 50mm...
new intake piping for the air induction system - hmmmm? filter?

what about some power mods for the engine like custom headers, ecu???

Ryan
project.r.racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2006, 11:28 PM   #3
AstinaBoiV6

hmm RyRy unlike u im not rich.. a new ecu is over 1g.. y dont i just sell the car and buy a faster 1.. nar ......

Fog lights..... bechause they r kool and fill up that crappy empty holes where there used to be some

Kings.... because whiteline are alot more expensive and for $185 for 4 king super lows 60mm... i think its better

new intake... i have a K&N panel which isnt geting enough air flow so removina all stock air intake system

power mods.. custom headers are like $500 so y buyt them when i dun race and would rather get new rims... Besides irridium sparkplugs and high performance leads plus exhaust system minus the headers, and the filter is all the performance i want..

later on i will get it ported and polished.. but not soo soon....

That kit has finally sunk into my mind that its everywhere... thats why i wait 4 months and not only get a custom kit (hoping a GTR type) but maybe also a new job in bodykit fabrication...
Old 22-02-2006, 11:41 PM   #4
project.r.racing

Car: n/a
Quote:
Kings.... because whiteline are alot more expensive and for $185 for 4 king super lows 60mm... i think its better
$185 you wish for customs - you'd be lucky to get them under $440.00 all up unless you know someone in the business. do you?

all good on other point taken and very all good on new job prospect hope it all works out

Ryan
project.r.racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2006, 11:42 PM   #5
CRA23

Car: a helichopter
Send a message via MSN to CRA23
Quote:
custom headers are like $500

where from????
Old 22-02-2006, 11:52 PM   #6
AstinaBoiV6

i dunno where from bro but that y tey custom an exhaust shop could direct u in the rite way...

oh ryry... i get mine cheap through either work as we get 25% off and also my m8s r mechanics and also import kits so they get the trade disscount
Old 22-02-2006, 11:52 PM   #7
boostedbatman
Manpink Crusader

Car: 1990 GD mx6 F2T, and soon I might drive the batmoobile once again
Send a message via MSN to boostedbatman
imaginary land
Keep looking to the sky sunshine
boostedbatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2006, 11:55 PM   #8
AstinaBoiV6

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedbatman
imaginary land
Keep looking to the sky sunshine

im not quite sure what ur on about but this means i have $$ to buy your headlight covers alot sooner say 2 weeks
Old 23-02-2006, 12:08 AM   #9
CRA23

Car: a helichopter
Send a message via MSN to CRA23
hes talkin about the you guess on the price of custom headers, $500 shouldnt even cover the materials used, the cheapest quote i had was $1200 and that place looked really shonky
Old 23-02-2006, 12:23 AM   #10
MAztinA 323

Car: 1989 Nissan Silvia CA18DET
Send a message via MSN to MAztinA 323
hey man, go for fog lights and blue visions, i got both lol and the bluevisions are soo much better than standard halogen

how about front and rear sway bar to lean in to those corners?... maybe
MAztinA 323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2006, 12:29 AM   #11
AstinaBoiV6

i dont think i need front as i have a stock strut bar but yer maybe rear
Old 23-02-2006, 01:33 AM   #12
Ian

Car: 1990 R32 GTR
This is the automotive industry. My experciances have taught me you get what you pay for. Be aware of this.

Mah Ride!
details
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2006, 10:36 AM   #13
skippy
Resident Dissident

Car: Alfa 156 TS
Keep us advised of your fog light progress, I want some bigger ones.

and yeah (prepares to sound stupid) how hard is it to change globes? Do you need to realign the headlights? anything indepth involved in changing to blue vision? and are the lights any better for seeing or just look cool (esp cool with my blue no not noble green stina)

and Pete what ever happened to the MrMx6 Headers?

Your hijacker has now left the building,
skippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2006, 10:56 AM   #14
MAztinA 323

Car: 1989 Nissan Silvia CA18DET
Send a message via MSN to MAztinA 323
To skippy: i dont know what its like on ur ba, but on my bg it was very easy (before i had ever done it i had no idea wat to do! :P ) but basically u take this black cover off and theres a silver catch, and they come out (be careful as not to touch the bulb!!!)
and the blue visions or diamond or what ever u get are an exact replacement for ur current bulb, so just slap em in!
as for seeing, they rock!! soo white! i was in my dads 1985 b2000 ute and his are soo dim compared, my car looked like it had xenons lol, but with blue visions theres a slight bluish colour if u look directly at them, the diamonds and crystal probably emit more blue.
i was looking into xenons for my car,but realised the cheapest setup is about $300, so they are out of the question..

yea, so GET NEW LIGHTS! hehe (they also come with bluish parkers which are a nice touch)
MAztinA 323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2006, 11:06 AM   #15
Rupewrecht
Administrator

Car: AZ-1, Astina Hardtop Turbo, BJ Protege, Beetle
i've got the genuine fogs cheap

And dude, if you hadn't recognised that that hardtop kit is basically the same as the same kit thats adapted for civics/hyundais/toyotas/anything jetspeed build for, then you haven't been looking very hard.

If YOU like it, get it, don't be influenced by your friends

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com
Sourcing your not-quite-overnight parts from Japan

WRECHT--|--SLOWTEGE--|--BEETLE--|--SUBSTITUTE--|--AZ-1

Rupewrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2006, 01:44 PM   #16
pr1mo
I MUST STOP MAKING STUPID POSTS! Yet I keep on making them. And I wonder why I get banned?

Car: auto
make sure he has your car when making your custom kit too. from memory the lines of a civic and a hardtop are about the same as two rusty nails.

oh and also if its a full custom kit i wouldnt bother unless hes taking a mould of the work hes doing. i cant see too many other kits cut and shut well to any BA shape front bar the protege hence noone has done it yet.
pr1mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2006, 04:36 PM   #17
skippy
Resident Dissident

Car: Alfa 156 TS
There is a really curvy/bulbous looking civic kit that would look the goods, me thinks. Curved sides and a decent hole in the middle with side vents, looks really clean. And yeah if your mate customs one of them for you, he should consider keeping his notes.

I saw it in a mag cover somewhere ages ago on a green worked civic, hmm thinks I have the name for it at home. Let ya know,
skippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2006, 06:01 PM   #18
boostedbatman
Manpink Crusader

Car: 1990 GD mx6 F2T, and soon I might drive the batmoobile once again
Send a message via MSN to boostedbatman
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy
and Pete what ever happened to the MrMx6 Headers?
Your hijacker has now left the building,
Vaughan apart from the lack of response to the dozens of attempts to get things finalised the project for my engine has skrocketed and there is NO header on the market that will flow enough for me now so I am going to build my own which will be set up to be quick release from the Cat back for racing and some big arse primaries. Twin system all the way now and will be easier to get flow accurate now I wont need a U turn
Trust me she will be a beauty
boostedbatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2006, 07:30 PM   #19
bourbon
The Hairy Mod

Car: MINI Cooper S 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr1mo
make sure he has your car when making your custom kit too. from memory the lines of a civic and a hardtop are about the same as two rusty nails.

oh and also if its a full custom kit i wouldnt bother unless hes taking a mould of the work hes doing. i cant see too many other kits cut and shut well to any BA shape front bar the protege hence noone has done it yet.

about this...his mate...a fiberglasser is doing it as a mate... and i might be lookin at gettin one for my BG with him tooo
bourbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2006, 08:16 PM   #20
chicaboo

Car: Touge monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedbatman
Vaughan apart from the lack of response to the dozens of attempts to get things finalised the project for my engine has skrocketed and there is NO header on the market that will flow enough for me now so I am going to build my own which will be set up to be quick release from the Cat back for racing and some big arse primaries. Twin system all the way now and will be easier to get flow accurate now I wont need a U turn
Trust me she will be a beauty
Are you going to have some sort of balance or crossover pipe there Pete? If not, the pipes will sing/harmonise/resonate off each other...
chicaboo is offline   Reply With Quote