Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > Introduce yourself

Old 09-05-2011, 05:28 PM   #1
Shayne

Car: 2 x Mazda BA323F, I x 2.0V6 ZXI (Astina / Lantis) and just swopped my second ZXI for a 1.5 runabout
New member from Wales UK

UPDATE AT END OF INTRO.

Hi all,

I am Shayne, just registered here at the recomendation of a fellow member of the 323F.com club of which I am a member. I have 2 Mazda BA323F 2.0 V6 ZXI's, one I use for a daily driver and the other, my white favorite is current under a rebuild in my garage. This is going to be refurbed to the highest standard I can attain and modded to a limited degree.

Mods will be Lowering springs -40mm, RX8 alloys, sports steering wheel, full leather interior, JDM rear strut brace, Audio upgrade with small amp, fully sound proofed / deadened. In essence, the mods will be for enhancement of the car and not for performance, although, I am going to be fitting a 2.5 KLZE with cold air intake, with stand alone ECU but will be geared toward economy rather than all out performance.

I am on the club323f.com site in the UK and there as Shayne as well, there is also a thread for my "White ZXi" project for those interested.

Well it has been a long time since I was last on here due to various reasons. To update this intro, I have since first writing this intro bought a Lantis Type R V6 2.0 with the KF-ZE motor, and then sold it after loving the car for 15 months. Sold the car to a fellow Club323F member who will get more from the car than I will and also found I was spending far to much time and money on the R instead of my White project car. There is a post on what I achieved with the Type R on the Club323F forum and is to be found under the heading of "Ossie"

Few small changes to the original plans for the white project car, "Madam", that being I have now purchased a set of BC coil overs and one or two other after market suspension mods, also will be doing a ITB set-up on the KL-ZE. Alloys may be Rota Grid's as apposed to the RX8 alloys, decision yet to be finalised.

I will be visiting here more often and hopefully get to post updates and pics on the project car as it develops.

Wishing you all a great time with your cars and will pop in from time to time.

UPDATE 16/10/12

Hi guys, been a while since I last posted here. Things have changed over the months, have bought a Lantis Type R (Import) and run it for 14 months enjoying every minuit and mile in the car, but it was also the reason that my pet project, Madam - a White ZXI V6 BA323F - was ignored and left in the garage to wait for time and money for her. So 2 months ago I realised that it was the Madam project where my heart and passion lay and have sold it to a fellow member of the club (club323F) who was and is more motivated by the Type R than me, so she is now enjoying the benifits or being the apple of the new owners eye.

Back to my pet project, Madam, a few changes have been realised since owning the Lantis Type R, firstly, I want an LSD for the project hence I have posted on this site for an LSD, but have also posted an EOI for a complete new Piston and ring set for the KLZE 2.5 V6, and yes, I have bought said motor last Saturday and is now sat in my garage ready for a total rebuild before fitting to Madam. It is a runner, but whilst out it makes sence to rebuild now, I have been able to source everthing I need for a full rebuild from top to bottom except the Piston and Ring set. Subject to getting the std 1st oversize pistons this will be rebuilt over December, otherwise the engineering shop can supply aftermarket pistons which I would prefer to avoid if possible.

Beside this, I have also over the last 2 months bought a number of other items for the project, namely, a RX* rear adjustable spoiler and lower lip, GT tunning front lip, A Spec side skirts, chrome door sill plates, whiteline front and rear strut braces, and brand new BC coil overs plus a few other incedental items not mentioned. I am also in the process of buying a Megasquirt ECU factory setup and building a full ITB set-up. One last thing I am trying to source is a rear bank front cam wheel from the KL-G4 motor, specifically the 36-1 wheel and sensor, to complete a distributorless ignition. I have sourced the coil pack and EDIS module. so a few changes since I last posted, and much bought in readiness to get on with the project once all is in the garage.

Hope I havent bored you. For those who would like to see the progress thus far, here is a link to my car thread: http://www.club323f.com/forum/viewto...p?f=14&t=43291

I look forward to being a lot more regularly on this site and to enjoy all I can learn from you guys.

Shayne

Last edited by Shayne; 18-10-2012 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Update
Shayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2011, 05:33 PM   #2
Clean_Cookie
obsessed-incomplete-broke

Car: BA Hardtop/Hatch
nice of you to join us over here! perhaps chuck up some pics of your work in progress so we can track your progress too!

ryan
Old 09-05-2011, 06:55 PM   #3
Rupewrecht
Administrator

Car: AZ-1, Astina Hardtop Turbo, BJ Protege, Beetle
Welcome to AGT

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com
Sourcing your not-quite-overnight parts from Japan

WRECHT--|--SLOWTEGE--|--BEETLE--|--SUBSTITUTE--|--AZ-1

Rupewrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:04 PM   #4
phildough
Banned

Car: 2002 Mazda Frankenstina
Welcome to AGT.
Would love to see some pics of your work in progress.
phildough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:41 PM   #5
marcs_sp20

Car: 2002 Mazda Astina SP20 2006 Mazda 6 GY Wagon
Welcome to AGT
Old 10-05-2011, 02:47 PM   #6
wheeler33
AstinaGT Regular

Car: Wrangler JK
welcome mate!
Old 18-10-2012, 01:31 AM   #7
Shayne

Car: 2 x Mazda BA323F, I x 2.0V6 ZXI (Astina / Lantis) and just swopped my second ZXI for a 1.5 runabout
Hi there guys, sorry been away for some time, sorry I didnt get to acknowledge you welcomes, have updated my intro and added a link to my project car as there is far to many pics to load up here and bog the post down in them.
Old 18-10-2012, 05:21 AM   #8
JDM323

Car: 2002 BJ2 protege
Send a message via ICQ to JDM323
welcome to agt
JDM323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2012, 08:36 PM   #9
Noble323
E74A

Car: SP20
! Welcome To AGT !

Noble323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #10
Shayne

Thanks guys.