BJ2 44 18.80%
Mazda 3 (inc MPS) 10 4.27%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2008, 02:18 PM   #21
schwinn

Car: Astina BA11F1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutonus View Post
I'm a bit of a traitor, I like the hardtop more than the hatch! *runs from the flaming*
burn him!
schwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:40 PM   #22
project.r.racing

Car: n/a
BA = shape looks like current model styling.
3 = Sh!t on wheels, noisy in cabin, interior cheap and poor quality.
project.r.racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:45 PM   #23
Putonyourshoes

Car: 2L 96 BA hatch
correct me if im wrong but the astina gt engine is different to the BP engine in the ba?
Putonyourshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:36 PM   #24
newman
Banned

Car: KF Laser fwd BPT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putonyourshoes View Post
correct me if im wrong but the astina gt engine is different to the BP engine in the ba?
same engine, different series. sweet fa differences between the two series.
newman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:55 PM   #25
Putonyourshoes

learn something new every day.
cheers
Old 05-08-2008, 12:26 AM   #26
sandman_kar
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 2003 Mazda 6 Luxury Sport Hatch
Send a message via MSN to sandman_kar
Ba hardtop of course! noble green always attracts ppl. i used to always get "f**k i love that colour" and "what colour is it exactly?". Haha a combination of all the best colours (green, blue and black). So much more stylish than all the other astinas. Love the rear design with the taillights. Absolutely hate the square shape of the Bj series (they also look as cheap and plain as a corolla does) and the Bgs r just too old now for my liking. (Lol no offence to anyone who owns one of course lol.) But i think the ba's still look the part. Some of my mates (who arent car experts) thought my car was a lot newer that it actually was. Driving a 3 atm but it just doesnt feel the same. Ohh how i miss her.

Last edited by sandman_kar; 05-08-2008 at 12:30 AM.
sandman_kar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 05:32 AM   #27
White_Midnight

Car: 97' Astina, 85' Datsun HB11, 99' Opel Vectra B
The Astina hardtop version looks very interesting, but we haven't this version in Austria so i can't vote for it as my favourit type. I vote for the BA hatch, same model i drive.
White_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 08:55 AM   #28
mickey_323

Car: protege 323
oh man... depressing. i'm the only BJ (1) lover here!
mickey_323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 05:16 PM   #29
White_Midnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey_323 View Post
oh man... depressing. i'm the only BJ (1) lover here!
The people in Austria like the BJ much more than the BA, i have the feeling to be the only BA lover in my hometown, so i can know your feeling right now.

It is said, that the BJ runs out of any problems so this could be another reason to love it.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:49 PM   #30
mickey_323

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Midnight View Post
The people in Austria like the BJ much more than the BA, i have the feeling to be the only BA lover in my hometown, so i can know your feeling right now.

It is said, that the BJ runs out of any problems so this could be another reason to love it.
ah we are both a minority!
Old 08-08-2008, 05:58 PM   #31
White_Midnight

Yes, true words.

Minority but happy.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:06 PM   #32
skitz
I'm not as dumb as my posts would indicate

Car: astina ba 97
Send a message via MSN to skitz
i voted BA (i think my car would cry if i didnt and my walet with all the money i spend on her -ppl say girl friends are expensive )

but i would have to say that all the cars have that lil bit that we all like, i still get a kick out of seeing the BG's and the things that are being done to them...

if it came down to it stock vs stock i think the BA hatch is the nicer choice but in all seriousness none of our cars are new so why grade it like that! i think the BJ's look sexy done up (expecially that guy from over seas on here with the white one or darthvaders one) then cars like astinaboi's (delema) is a good looking hardtop... so its a hard question to ask....

i think to make it easy the list should of had MX-5 (winks at kitty)

09 Mazda RX-8 GT

Wakefield Park: 1:14.8100

skitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:25 PM   #33
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
Where can I have a BF oh it's Astina only

then it's NONE.
They all suck - in fact IMO the BA V6 HT was the biggest waste of $40K when new - Any idiot who bought one was Dill a 626 V6 - with more drivable V6 was same money - had leather option more car etc.

It was almost Eunos money. in fact a eunos 500 was about $42K or so and it's the same Bloody car 75%

Remove the looks factor and get into the useable bit

Ba's hard to get in and out of - period. Fine for small women and short arses with thin legs but FOR MEN.
Sorry seat al lthe way back and my middle leg is squashed by the steering wheel the Hatch is same as HT.

Ba only has it's handling going for it.
Removing all modifications period offthe floor it's BA has the handling

Looks it's the BG - for over all comfort yes BG for me too. I remember when they came out. I remember thinking this is nice, in fact one thing I loved the seats and the interior was decent for the money. Another area the BA is a let down.

Then came the BJ- overall best in 1.8L. Value for moeny - easy acess all round . The interior was bit povo for next gen mazda but compared with it's compeditiors ahead.
But I guess intierior colours let it down.
I love my dull grays. lights grays are bit and too much black is too much.
BJ hatch has great acess and more room and overall decent handling from it's chasis.

by far the best package.

the new Mazda 3 to me is not car but a recylced bit of plastic. Does not contain enough metal to be considered anything bar transport.

But best 323 ever is so obvious the 89 model 4wd or even 2WD B6 or B6t in 3 door. - I loved that little bubble thing.

Astina or not BEST ever. Get in - get out - room to store Subs and gear. plus moved well reliable and if turbo was a little rocket.
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:34 PM   #34
DavoAust

Car: Red '93 3000GT / Black '08 Ninja 250R
Send a message via MSN to DavoAust
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodhog View Post
They all suck
If you don't like them why are you bothering to post a rant about how crap they are, if you don't like them don't vote, its simple
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

'97 1.8L Hardtop
'93 3.0L TT 3000GT
DavoAust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:41 PM   #35
project.r.racing

Car: n/a
As much as he may not like Astinas. I think he is spot on the money. I don't agree on a few things. But he's growen up with all these cars and knows what they were like when they 1st arrived.
project.r.racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:59 PM   #36
Plutonus

Car: Traitor vehicle
Hard to get in and out... I agree, especially when lowered. But you get used to it.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:07 PM   #37
mickey_323

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodhog View Post
Where can I have a BF oh it's Astina only

then it's NONE.
They all suck - in fact IMO the BA V6 HT was the biggest waste of $40K when new - Any idiot who bought one was Dill a 626 V6 - with more drivable V6 was same money - had leather option more car etc.

It was almost Eunos money. in fact a eunos 500 was about $42K or so and it's the same Bloody car 75%

Remove the looks factor and get into the useable bit

Ba's hard to get in and out of - period. Fine for small women and short arses with thin legs but FOR MEN.
Sorry seat al lthe way back and my middle leg is squashed by the steering wheel the Hatch is same as HT.

Ba only has it's handling going for it.
Removing all modifications period offthe floor it's BA has the handling

Looks it's the BG - for over all comfort yes BG for me too. I remember when they came out. I remember thinking this is nice, in fact one thing I loved the seats and the interior was decent for the money. Another area the BA is a let down.

Then came the BJ- overall best in 1.8L. Value for moeny - easy acess all round . The interior was bit povo for next gen mazda but compared with it's compeditiors ahead.
But I guess intierior colours let it down.
I love my dull grays. lights grays are bit and too much black is too much.
BJ hatch has great acess and more room and overall decent handling from it's chasis.

by far the best package.

the new Mazda 3 to me is not car but a recylced bit of plastic. Does not contain enough metal to be considered anything bar transport.

But best 323 ever is so obvious the 89 model 4wd or even 2WD B6 or B6t in 3 door. - I loved that little bubble thing.

Astina or not BEST ever. Get in - get out - room to store Subs and gear. plus moved well reliable and if turbo was a little rocket.
a bit of a pessimistic view... but fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinion!

and i approve of your view on the BJ's
Old 13-08-2008, 10:22 PM   #38
rodhog

Quote:
Originally Posted by project.r.racing View Post
As much as he may not like Astinas. I think he is spot on the money. I don't agree on a few things. But he's growen up with all these cars and knows what they were like when they 1st arrived.
It's not just growing up with them it's - well - when I was a used car salesman - trying to move a BA when they were just getting on the market in 98 -99 . Oh my GOD, Headache. BG's EASY as. BA's now you can move hatch with ease.

If you took the THEY ALL SUCK - personally - Don't its was Joke in a way. Come - ON I had a BA V6 HT.
Still the only car of mazda we have had in the family to make so much controversy. I mean that my Family is a little car mad in some ways. How many 60 Plus year old parents let there Son - Drop a car on eibachs - springs - new bigger wheels - and say do an exhuast on it? m because it's got no Guts.

Does your Asian mother - Who drives it comes back saying it's GOT NO BALLS going up a hill in regard to her old 626 Station Wagon?

Every car I've boguht home or had. It's only when my family drive them or look at them notice differnet things.

Like My mother does not like the BIG BUM of the BA hatch or BG hatch. - why - It makes parking harder- ( note she could park the BA HT better then anyone else even me ! )
She loved the BJ -1 I had for 2 weeks just said it's little gutless being the 1.6L with auto?

Take it from me It's when you drive them too and from work daily and if you treat them like your own - for me it's Redline at least every set of lights into 2nd gear.

For me. I love mazdas but every car maker MAKES DUDs.
Or for that matter they dont' make perfect cars. You can't -please everyone.
If anyone of you drove a car Iv'e owned 626 - Mx-6's - TX-5's Mx-5s FB RX-7, R33 - Honda vector 5 cylinder ?
Honda legend coupe - list goes own. Owned most more then 6 months or longer.
For me as an example you would think I'd love Mx-6's but I don't like totally the 2nd genration. It has it's own problems.

If you asked me any car to rank it, I can give you the new reason the 2nd hand reason and why it might be peice of ****.
Take this with you. People who know me ask me what do I recommend.
I always say Corrolla- But note this I would not be seen driving one. I do not like them. Do not rate them but recommend them.
Think about it.
Old 19-08-2008, 03:53 PM   #39
Putonyourshoes

good point rod.
i like my little v6 but it does lack a set of balls..
id like to stick a blower on it though to push it a bit harder
Old 19-08-2008, 09:55 PM   #40
rodhog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putonyourshoes View Post
good point rod.
i like my little v6 but it does lack a set of balls..
id like to stick a blower on it though to push it a bit harder
better off with a FS motor even with FI - baby 6's and V6 inparticular all lack low end due to shott stroke and baby bore. It's why now you see everywhere a Resurgence in longstroke large cap 4 cylinders

mazda had the F2 - Mitsu with the astron 2.6L
honda had it's 2.3L

now resurgance.

MZr 2.3L is just a f2 with .5 larger bore and twin cam head
and new 2.5L just a big larger again.
honda's 2.4L
Mitsubishi's 2.4L

even the might BP in many ways is making come backs

the motor in the mazda 2 is very very similar to the old B6. If you look at the specs.

The only real reason capacity is up is to gain power with tighter emissions.
The cam shaft profiles rely on varibale timming so much now. So they can achive power with emission friendly economy.
Before it was used more often. car makers just went smaller and smaller camshafts.
Last of the leaded engine camshafts were the biggest ones upto 70degress on them V euro3 level friendly 55 and 50
degrees. lower octane unleaed meant 60 - 65.
Ah the good old days before the greeny homosexuals ( not that I have probelm with them being green) got in the way and when all we wanted from higher more refined fuels for more power.