Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Interior & Electrics

Old 27-12-2005, 07:46 PM   #1
J.P

Car: Had to sell the Astina
1997 BA Astina External/Recirc air issues

Hi, I am new to this group. Have had a look around a couple of times and I must say thank you to the group as the various posts have helped, specifically the step by step instructions to pull my dash apart.

I have a bog standard 1997 hatchback BA Astina, Noble Green. My little pride and joy.

Anyway,

The problem I am having is the external/re-circ air electronic actuator is always in the recirc position. This causes large problems with the windows fogging up.

If I select external air the vent will open but them cycle to closed.

Now from what I can figure is when selecting between selections the control panel (should) switch between 12v on one wire and common then when selection is made for alternate position will supply 12v on the other wire and common.

What I have is 12v between one wire and common at all times, then when the switch is pressed 12v appears on the other (which is expected) but the 12v does not dissappear from the other wire. Then after a period of time the 12v goes away but the original is still there which returns the actuator to the recirc position.

I was wondering if there was an elec diagram available for the airconditioning/ventilation system so as I can try and track the problem.

I have pretty much eliminated the elec actuator and the dash control box, I believe there is a relay somewhere with a stuck contact. But trying to track where some of the wires are is becoming a nightmare. Also I don't like poking around anything close to the airbag system either.

If anyone can help I would be much appreciated.

Jamie
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 27-12-2005, 08:39 PM   #2
Cosmo Dude
コスモ

Car: Mazda '95 Astina I4, '86 B2K and '10 3 MZR-CD
1st up, hello and welcome Jamie.
The climate head unit (H/U) has direct control of the fresh/re-circ actuator with nuffink between to influence its action.
If the H/U was the problem then the re-circ lamp would glow telling you that it is in that position. It is most likely the actuator not telling the H/U that it is in the fresh possition and then reurning to the known re-circ possition. All actuators work in a circular motion
Old 12-04-2007, 09:13 PM   #3
J.P

Car: Had to sell the Astina
This has been a long time coming,

Thanks for the help.

I did end up replacing the Heater control head unit but that was due to some other issues.

The actual casue was the connector itself on the air/recirc motor. it was very loose. Had to try and tighten things up a bit.

I noticed that there is someone else with or had same issues with a 1997 BA. Be aware when looking for bits that you have to find a 1997 wreck as the other years just do not match, they mave somthing like six wires going to the air recirc motor where as the 1997 only has 3.

Once again thanks.

J.P
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote