Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Communities > Australia Wide

Old 13-01-2006, 06:12 PM   #41
-BraXta-
AstinaGT Regular

Car: Honda Accord Euro
Send a message via ICQ to -BraXta- Send a message via MSN to -BraXta-
if anyone wants to come but cant drive i got 4 seats available in the Accord =P lol... i so wish i still had my astina... =( it prolly woulda been lowered and stuff =(

But i guess .. ill just tag along with the good ol Accord euro =D So yeh if anyone wants to go but CBF to drive... i can take em in mine k.. =D

just thought i would offer =D

My New Ride =P

-I turn Dreams into reality with a F#$% you mentality...
-BraXta- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2006, 06:46 PM   #42
Red Frog

Car: My feet :p
thanks braxta!! as "cruise poolin'" is a good idea when some people just don't want to drive the distance or are more into taking the photos. one of the guys on here (brad? blue sp20?), took his brother as a passenger on a cruise, and he was able to film heaps of the cruise. it looked mad when he'd edited it and posted it up!

and as i've said before: i've also got 4 spares seats in my car and am more than happy to take people who aren't too sure about driving the distance

dave:
are you still coming? cos i know on OMC you said you were working and weren't able to attend. and even if it's a horse and cart, just come! it'll be a nice day out, and i'm pretty sure you guys will enjoy lunch if you could get babs and marco to come out, i'd love to catch up with them again

mams:
would be great to see you!! it's really nice to meet new members, esp. on cruises. anyone is invited to this cruise come along for the trip, meet all the AGT members and have a scrummy lunch! will be a good day out also, make sure you add your name to the list.

and daz: pppplllease come!! bring ya girl along too!! - actually bring anyone along from CCMC, regardless of what car they have. it was lovely to meet you guys last mth, and would be nice to catch up. look, if james can still drive his slowtege with the numerous amounts of damage to that, i'm absolutely positive your car will be fine. otherwise, you guys are more than welcome to travel with me on the day.

this is shaping up to be such a great day! i'm still heading down the route on sunday to check out exactly where we are going. i want this cruise to run as smoothly as possible so everyone enjoys the day
Old 13-01-2006, 08:55 PM   #43
Laser the Amazer

Send a message via ICQ to Laser the Amazer Send a message via MSN to Laser the Amazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by -BraXta-
if anyone wants to come but cant drive i got 4 seats available in the Accord =P lol... i so wish i still had my astina... =( it prolly woulda been lowered and stuff =(

But i guess .. ill just tag along with the good ol Accord euro =D So yeh if anyone wants to go but CBF to drive... i can take em in mine k.. =D

just thought i would offer =D
that will be a nice trip in the Euro. I'm wishing I borrowed Mum's or one from work when I did 3000kms in weeks on holidays, would have been a lot nicer

look forward to seeing the Euro

Rob
Old 15-01-2006, 01:46 AM   #44
Zooming Bravo

Car: 1992 121 Bubble & 2005 SDX Bravo d/cab t/diesel 4x4
Send a message via MSN to Zooming Bravo Send a message via Skype™ to Zooming Bravo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate
dave what you doing! we want to see the 'dave-special' OMC sticker
nate there is a new one on it...so there
Old 15-01-2006, 02:02 AM   #45
Nate
Pandaspeed Racing

Car: BG SP
Send a message via MSN to Nate
woohoo!!

Life would be straight without twisties STOCK AS A ROCKET!

•motor sport is dangerous and that accidents causing harm can and do happen and may happen to me.
I accept the conditions of, and acknowledge the risks arising from, attending or participating in the event and being provided with the event services by CAMS and the Associated Entities
I THINK I AM N2!
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2006, 01:39 AM   #46
KittyKatSmack
Banned

Car: Mazda
Looks like we will be travelling in the Brucemeister for this one....

Last time I went on an Annual crooz to Newcastle in my Astina, everyone asked why we didn't bring the XR6turbo then, so now he finally gets to make an appearance

Even if he's been keyed all down the drivers side.... *grumble flippin w@nkrs grumble*

Accom is booked, so what's happening Friday night before the cruise then?
I can't spend the whole night in the spa..... well I could, but I'm being polite
LOL!!

C'mon, who's up for a nice dinner?
KittyKatSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2006, 01:49 AM   #47
Nate
Pandaspeed Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKatSmack
Even if he's been keyed all down the drivers side.... *grumble flippin w@nkrs grumble*
i wont be the only keyed car there ... dude that sucks big time

•motor sport is dangerous and that accidents causing harm can and do happen and may happen to me.
I accept the conditions of, and acknowledge the risks arising from, attending or participating in the event and being provided with the event services by CAMS and the Associated Entities
I THINK I AM N2!
Old 16-01-2006, 02:34 AM   #48
KittyKatSmack
Banned

Car: Mazda
We will commiserate together

WILL BE GREAT TO SEE YOU AGAIN NATE!!!!
AND we will be in QLD in Feb for sure!!!

Arrive on Gold Coast 18th Feb, leave Albany Creek for Dubbo on 24th Feb.
Put it in yer diary!

*grins*
KittyKatSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2006, 11:21 AM   #49
Nate
Pandaspeed Racing

albany creek pride nigga

I THINK I AM N2!
Old 17-01-2006, 06:44 PM   #50
Red Frog

Ladies and Gentlemen!!

I did a reconnaissance mission on Sunday, with the help of Rob - thanku for sharing lunch with mum and i, and for driving back from the little incident with the brakes!! And i now have ALL the details to our fantastic cruise on the 28th Jan

The day went very smoothly! Oh, apart from a minor set back, where my brakes decided to fade coming down Jamboree Hill yah, not the nicest feeling when you press the brake and you get no response. luckily i was only in 2nd gear and close to the bottom and had a little area to pull up in. ooooh white smoke....that can't be good so i think the laser might have to have a wincy little bit of work done to it before the cruise.

Now, i've set the route exactly: meet ups, times, roads to take. It is now up to you where you join the cruise and it is your responsibility to turn up at the organised times. I probably won't know who is turning up where, so we're not going to wait around for you if you're late, unless you contact someone on the day - will be putting my mobile number up later.

So here goes.....
Old 17-01-2006, 08:47 PM   #51
Laser the Amazer

Send a message via ICQ to Laser the Amazer Send a message via MSN to Laser the Amazer
Sunday was great

this cruise should be a good one

Leigh thanks for giving us a ride I didn't see the point in 2 cars for 3 people.

Bit Scary with the Brakes, hope its not to dear to fix

Rob
Old 17-01-2006, 10:34 PM   #52
Red Frog

hmmm sorry about the delay!

9am, leaving 9.15am: Thornleigh Maccas

- Start at Central Ave, Thornleigh, turn left onto Parkes st

- Then straight ahead onto The Comenarra Parkway, continues as Doncaster Ave and Yanko Rd

- Turn right at lights onto Ryde rd, continues as Lane Cove Rd (pass under Epping rd, continue through Top Ryde, pass under Victoria Rd)

- Continues as Devlin St, Church St (pass over Parramatta River, past Rhodes Shopping Centre + IKEA)

- Continues as Homebush Bay Dr (past Bicentennial Park, Olympic Park)
LEAVING CARPARK P6 at 9.30am - don't wait for the Thornleigh people. Make your own way to Heathcote

- Continues as Centenary Drive (past Rookwood Cemetery), Roberts Road, bear left onto Wiley Avenue, Punchbowl Road, King Georges Road (over Wiley Park Station, past M5, through Beverly Hills, down the dippers at Penshurst, through South Hurstville)

- bear right onto Princes Highway (near large carwash place), across Tom Ugly's Bridge, through Sylvania and around the large corner near the Uniting Church

- THEN get in LEFT LANE to turn left to continue along Acacia Rd onto Princes Hwy

- continue along Princes Hwy (past The Royal National Park), across the tram lines near Loftus Oval, past Engadine Station, past the BP and then turn LEFT at the lights into Heathcote Maccas at Wilson Pde

- ARRIVE HEATHCOTE MACCAS 10.15-10.45AM

- leave maccas around 10.45am, head for Wollongong, arrive approx 11.30am

- continue along Princes Hwy (past Woolworths Servo), and head onto Southern Fwy........
Old 17-01-2006, 11:59 PM   #53
-BraXta-
AstinaGT Regular

ill be meeting ya at heathcote maccas =D

oh and i might have one more person with me... just a mate of mine =D

but thats not a for sure yet.. =P

so yeh cant wait for this cruise should be sweet =D

My New Ride =P

Old 18-01-2006, 02:45 AM   #54
Red Frog

TIME FOR TWISTIES!!!!!!! yah! and not the eating type

- Continue along the Southern Fwy (F6) and take the Helensburgh turn off, signposted Tourist Route 10, follow this into the roundabout and continue straight ahead on Lawrence Hargrave Dr, towards Stanwell Tops.
<<< Okay we're going to pull over here on a stretch of rd opposite Symbio Wildlife Gardens Zoo & Fauna Park so we can all bunch together. The roads get twisty from now on (yeah Nate, don't get too excited yet) and I want everyone together for the part after the twisties >>>

~Make sure you look at the views!!~

- After a few kms, you come to a stop sign. Turn right at the stop sign, which will take you down to Stanwell Park, continue along Lawrence Hargrave Dr

- SEA CLIFF BRIDGE!!!!!!! get the camera out. OMG!

- After the bridge there are a few areas we can pull into for photos. It will depend on the day and what other cars are parked in them

- Continue along Lawrence Hargrave Dr through Clifton, Scarborough, Wombarra, Coledale, Austinmer, Thirroul

- Get in the LEFT lane and bear left and continue along Princes Hwy (don't go up Bulli Pass!!)

- About 1km afterwards is a 60km Speed Camera. Continue along Princes Hwy.

- Turn LEFT at Bellami Lane and follow signs to Wollongong near Russell Vale Service Station. There is a large sign pointing left to Wollongong and Port Kembla - follow this one. DO NOT go straight ahead on the Princes Hwy towards Corrimal.

- Turn RIGHT onto the Northern Distributor and follow signs for Port Kembla/Nowra and the F6. DON'T go into Wollongong!! Stay on freeway.

- Time to Cruuuuiiise! Follow the Southern Fwy (F6/Highway 1) for about 16kms until you reach a verdie large roundabout, signposted Albion Park and Illawarra Hwy. Turn RIGHT.

- Continue along the Illawarra Hwy until it intersects with Tongarra Rd. Turn RIGHT onto the continuation of the Illawarra Hwy (Albion Park Hotel). Follow Route 48 and signs for Moss Vale.

- Continue along the Illawarra Hwy for quite some time (approx 50kms). You will pass through Macquarie Pass NP, and will know so when you hit the hill. The hill is VERY steep and narrow. No stupidness on this hill and HEADLIGHTS ON!!! Now if we can pull over before the hill and bunch up, that will be arranged on the day, so we hopefully won't have to follow the Countrylink bus up the hill or a [bloody] volvo driver.

- At the top of the hill you will pass by Robertson's Pie Shop. If we have lost ppl on the way up the hill, we will pull over and wait for them opposite the shop. Continue along the Hwy until Moss Vale.

- Near Moss Vale you will come to a roundabout. TURN LEFT and continue through the town of Moss Vale, past the train station and shops.

- Pass under the rail bridge and TURN RIGHT at the Jemmy Moss Inn (Waite St). There will be a sign after the bridge telling you to turn right for Berrima, but it's a little confusing, so look for the Inn.

- Continue along Waite St that turns into Berrima Rd and passes by a cemetery. You will come across a confusing intersection (Taylor Ave). DON'T follow the signs to New Berrima. Head STRAIGHT AHEAD along Berrima Rd, don't turn left. Past another cemetery. Rd changes to Oldbury Rd.

- TURN RIGHT onto the Old Hume Hwy and head past the park and into Berrima!!! The Surveyor General Inn will come up on your lefthand side past the shops.

WELCOME TO BERRIMA!!!
Old 18-01-2006, 07:58 AM   #55
papatonga
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 1997 Mazda BA Astina
sounds great....cannot wait
papatonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2006, 08:41 AM   #56
arden

Car: Suby
ill be meeting u guys at heathcote maccas.
Old 18-01-2006, 12:14 PM   #57
STU13Y

Send a message via MSN to STU13Y
Hey guys

as i dont even have my car yet (SP23) put me down as a maybe, the car is on its way - as the dealer has told me...but who trust's them hey?

hopefully i can join this cruise as it will be my first and ill be meeting at heathcote maccas coz i wanna go down the new bridge :P
STU13Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2006, 04:03 PM   #58
Red Frog

yah STU13Y! hopefully you'll get the car b4 the cruise! i'm 90% sure my friend with a silver SP23 is coming on the day (5PIDER), so that'd be great to have two SP23s if possible. oh they are HOT cars!!

and will note that Arden and Braxta are meeting at Heathcote Maccas.

YAH!! *Leigh does Kermit the Frog dance* lol
Old 18-01-2006, 05:43 PM   #59
papatonga
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 1997 Mazda BA Astina
i'll be meeting up at heathcote macca's too
papatonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2006, 05:51 PM   #60
-BraXta-
AstinaGT Regular

hehe kermit the frog dance =D

tee hee..

=D

yeh cant wait peoples should be sweet as =D

My New Ride =P