Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Classifieds > Group Buys & Special Offers

Old 10-06-2013, 09:55 AM   #21
Ice88

Car: Blue SP20
The CS cams are the same cams that we have stock in Aus except for CS power series cam which is an MSF copy.

No need for the intake cam sikwit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by familiagtx View Post
SR Motorsport have adjustable cam gears available on their website?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
Link for what exactly?

There are many links to threads that detail the flaws in the SR and Kkhasmank gears.

If you are asking about links for the Focus gears, then there are no current ones that I know of.
The SR and Kasman KK both cause problems as the cam pickups move when ajusting the cam. I cant remember off the top of my head if the SR gears cause this as well but there based on the same design so I imagine they will:

1. the cam sensor pick ups move when you adjust the cam gear. this is bad because they should remain fixed. adjusting cam gears are for adjusting the cam, not the cam *and* the sensor pick ups. this is why the tripoint cam gears are basically remanufactured stock ones.

2. the cam pickups are not the same size as the stock ones. they essentially do not work with a microtech ems, not only because the size of the bolts are bigger than the stock ones (giving the unit a longer signal than expected), but the distance between the 2 bolts is smaller than the stock distance. The stock ECU apparently can get around this somewhat not sure how really, given its referenced for the home signal but *shrug*

3. Incorrect Signals. the signal should be essentially be an off-on-off signal. with the centre of the bolt being down, the signal is off-on-juston-on-off.

@Haighie, Focus gears are the ones I have. Think Darryl has the tripoint gears. They have the same design I believe from what focus has said, never seen one myself they're pretty rare...

Last edited by Ice88; 10-06-2013 at 10:03 AM.
Ice88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:15 PM   #22
sikwitit
AstinaGT Regular

Car: ford laser sr2
i didn't get the intake only the exhaust cam but just thought i would mention it just incase its slightly different
sikwitit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #23
familiagtx

Car: Mazda BJ SP20 Turbocharged
I understand.

Definitely sounds like Focus style ones are the way to go
familiagtx is offline   Reply With Quote