Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > General Automotive Talk

Old 02-08-2004, 03:38 PM   #1
Astro Boy
GSL RallySport

Car: Cross 6
Brisbinites!!!!!! Important Lakeside Info!!!!!!

Its some exciting times with relation to lakeside.... for starters, Lakeside Motor Racing Enthusiasts (LMRE) are going to step up their attack on council... up until now, its been a case of throw a line, see wot happens, and evuluate their position on the matter... now its getting alot more serious... Basically, lakeside got heritige listed, yet the council are prepared to spend posibly millions of tax payer dollars fighting the listing so they can do with it wot they please... the catch is... whilst heritage listed... there is no requirement for them to maintain it... their hopping that it will rot away to nothing...and that everybody will forget it excists...

over the last couple of months council has however shown a slight weakening with regard to lakeside... only slightly.. but there is a ray of light.... secondly LMRE plans to host an event to show the support of lakeside to council... i'm talking a full blown speed event.. ie.. racing... now i don't know any details further than that... but it is a distinct possibility... and it would be a hell of a lot of good fun... and for a really good cause....

i know i probably should have written this earlier.. but please... if anyone can show their support tonight it would be fantastic... 7.30pm in petrie... checkout http://www.lakesideraceway.com for further details..... your support would be greately appreciated...

For those not able to attend there is something you can do to make a difference... basically we need to show council that we aren't just going to go away and forget about one of world's greatest ever race tracks... we need to pester them and send phone, email, faxes, sms whatever it takes to let them know this isn't going to go away... we want council to think that everytime a phone rings or an email downloads, "jeez i hope its not those lakeside supporters again!" its going to take that kind of commitement and determination to get lakeside back on the motor racing calendar....

If you want some sample questions or things to ask council, and where to send them to visit http://www.lakesideraceway.com/questions.htm cheers...

BTW... just for interest sake... the police are allowed to test at lakeside... and do it pretty much weekly...

Couple of months back they wrote of a police car on the armco coming onto the straight... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Astro Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links