Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Communities > NSW

Old 18-12-2006, 11:15 PM   #1
AZ00MD

Send a message via MSN to AZ00MD
MazdaSpeed Newcastle - Nelson Bay Cruise ** POSTPONED **

*** CRUISE POSTPONED ***

PLEASE SEE LAST POST MADE IN THIS TOPIC BY ME FOR INFORMATION

[b]Date: 21st January 2007

Sydney meeting point - 8.00AM @ Thornleigh Maccas, Pennant Hills Road Leaving 8.30AM Sharp - Consult Mel (GO61RL)

Central Coast meeting point - 9.30 AM Twin Servos @ Wyong, Northbound - leaving 9.45 AM sharp - let butters323 know if you will be meeting at this point

Newcastle meeting point - 10.30 AM at the BP Servo/Hungry Jacks at the end of the Freeway, Beresfield. leaving 11 AM

BBQ Lunch!

I'll be throwing a BBQ once we get up there. If youd like to support the BBQ, ill supply some bread, sausages, steak, onions, tomato and bbq sauce, a few cartons of soft drinks etc. let me know if you wish to supply any of these. A couple of dollars from everyone to cover the cost would be nice.

Let me know here or via PM or MSN if anyone is interested in coming (and if you are bringing along supplies for the BBQ) or if you are a member of MazdaSpeed Newcastle -- Click Here

Last edited by AZ00MD; 18-01-2007 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Postponement of cruise
AZ00MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 19-12-2006, 09:08 PM   #2
faz323

Count me in.
faz323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2006, 12:13 PM   #3
mazdamanik

Car: Was an Astina now a Commohore :-(
Send a message via MSN to mazdamanik
im there
Old 20-12-2006, 10:45 PM   #4
Zooming Bravo

Car: 1992 121 Bubble & 2005 SDX Bravo d/cab t/diesel 4x4
Send a message via MSN to Zooming Bravo Send a message via Skype™ to Zooming Bravo
sounds great as I said on OZM if I'm not working I'm in...now what to bring the Bravo or the Astina ???
Old 21-12-2006, 12:03 PM   #5
DB0984
Boostin Member

Car: ????
Send a message via MSN to DB0984
Newcastle meet point has changed to

Newcastle meeting point - 10.30 AM at the BP Servo/Hungry Jacks at the end of the Freeway, Beresfield. leaving 10.45 AM

94 Ford Laser XL - Trent
03 Mazda Astina SP20 - Sam
06 Mazda 3 MPS - Miff

Now happily boostin
DB0984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2006, 06:48 PM   #6
Zooming Bravo

Car: 1992 121 Bubble & 2005 SDX Bravo d/cab t/diesel 4x4
Send a message via MSN to Zooming Bravo Send a message via Skype™ to Zooming Bravo
There is talk of a Australia Day cruise being organised on OMC to Newcastle area....this is just here say.
Old 23-12-2006, 07:16 PM   #7
butters323

Send a message via MSN to butters323
lol mebbe they will read their directions this aussie day and not get lost. good luck to em. hahahhaha. az like i said before im in.
Old 24-12-2006, 09:27 PM   #8
rejy

Car: 95ba
Send a message via MSN to rejy Send a message via Yahoo to rejy
i might be coming too!!!
rejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2006, 01:14 PM   #9
Red Frog

Car: My feet :p
if i'm not doing nething that day, i'll cruise up sounds like a nice day!
or is it a mazda's only cruise?
Old 28-12-2006, 10:19 PM   #10
mazdamanik

u have a mazda....well at least it says "made in japan by mazda" so corse u can come
Old 31-12-2006, 08:28 PM   #11
ROB-80E

Car: Turbo BG Astina
Send a message via ICQ to ROB-80E Send a message via MSN to ROB-80E
At this stage I should be able to come. Will be out for any australia day action though.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:16 AM   #12
Mazda_Brian

Car: Soarer Twin Turbo
Send a message via MSN to Mazda_Brian Send a message via Yahoo to Mazda_Brian
I will be there in some form of Traitor Vehicle, but I can garauntee it will be Japanese made (so wont be a bogandoore or falcoon).

Hopefully, if OMC organise another Aus-day cruise, they will plan it a little better, not go through the middle of a highly congested city.

Butters, OMC's Aus-day cruise last year had no directions given out, this was part of the problem with directions, but the main problem was driving through Gosford while they had muge road closures, extreamly heavy traffic, and the group getting seperated by many traffic lights, but the Astona GT Australia Day cruise to Berrima last year, there was instructions, UHF channels, regular meeting points, and a proper safety and directions speach given prior to departure, and it ended up quite successful, even pushing through the northern Wollongong suburbs, there where regular re-gathering points, and not half as much congestion as the Soldier's Beach cruise.

B.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:24 PM   #13
butters323

umm sorry mr brian but directions WERE given out on the forums and i even scanned in directions and photoshopped the path to be taken. yes i agree the traffic was bad, but i was told the give directions from gossy autopro to norah head (ie the meeting spot) as i was familiar with the coast, so thats wat i did. the fact that there was an accident right in our path before we all stopped at the racecourse was clearly no fault of mine.

Do you really expect some1 who puts in abit of effort towards a cruise to print out 50 copyies of the directions simply because people like yourself are too lazy and or dumb to look and print them out yourselves. Its a life skill to be organised enuf to print a simple map and directions.

Yes we all had UHF radios but unfortunatly they dont work too well when the cruise leaders are heading up to norah head and half the people decide to take the road to terrigal.

Mate i did wat i was require to do, unfortunatly, u and many other people did not. So, as kindly as possible ( not that it should be) be silent, grow a brain brian to stop ur stupidity.

nuf said.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:12 PM   #14
Mazda_Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by butters323
Do you really expect some1 who puts in abit of effort towards a cruise to print out 50 copyies of the directions simply because people like yourself are too lazy and or dumb to look and print them out yourselves. Its a life skill to be organised enuf to print a simple map and directions.
Sure do, Leigh did her Berrima cruise 3 days later, printed out directions for everyone, and the directions given on yours and Craig's cruise WHERE online, but strangely, they changed with the road closures that occured on the day.

Quote:
Yes we all had UHF radios but unfortunatly they dont work too well when the cruise leaders are heading up to norah head and half the people decide to take the road to terrigal.
The problem with the UHF's was that people that assumed directions from mis-reading their prints, and tooking at street signs that the locals had spun around, we ended up being told via UHF to continue straight, unfortunately, we found this to later be incorrect.

Butters, this forum still laughs at that cruise even now, there was a thread less than a month ago in here where people where using Burgs' and your cruise as a reason not to attend another OMC cruise that was being advertised, so in that 1 cruise, you have caused damage to OMC that will take a long time to reverse.

I too have organised several successful cruises for OMC, including the Brocky Bathurst cruise, etc.

I took the liberty to test drive the directions printed not once, but several times, check with local councils and forward them the routes so they could verify any road closures, then printed many copies of the directions off incase people where attending from 'hear-say', or didn't have access to printers, etc.

I understand and respect you and Craig put a lot of effort into the cruise, but many people learnt what NOT to do from it, late the night before Leigh's cruise, she made multiple changes to her ways, including the printing of instructions.

Hey, we all make mistakes, but some are larger than others.

Anyway Butters, see you at the Newcastle cruise

B.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:50 PM   #15
butters323

oh dear OMC has been so severly battered by this cruise and it will be sooooo sooo very hard to recover from it. lol cry me a river emo boy. do u know u take these clubs/cruise/etc so seriously. I still disagree that directions should have been printed for all u dumb****s how cant work a simple printer.... or for those who are too stubborn to be bothered to read the basic idea of the cruise and not head to terrigal. lol .

Quote:
I took the liberty to test drive the directions printed not once, but several times,
lol get a job, or some friends to spend time with hey. go to the beach, get a tan whitey, just sumfin to make urself not look so stupid.

yesh yesh the forums laugh at the cruise. hahahahhahahahaha. im laughin too. unfortunatly, as mentioned before ( but u have proven to me that u have trouble reading text many times) the meeting location was autopro and the directions were the best until Lemony Snicket got the upper hand.

in conclusion, all i ever hear from u translates to "wah wah wah, fukin wah". its really time to grow up and get over it. stop taking the car scene so seriously. trust me, ull enjoy it more knowing ur goin on a cruise to meet people n check out cars rather than trying to remember the bad things that happened u grumpy old sod u.

cya at newy

strawberry kisses emo boi

-butters
Old 02-01-2007, 10:59 PM   #16
platypus
living in the past man

Car: Subaru Outback 2.0 turbo
Send a message via MSN to platypus
umm who cares what happened then?

geez guys.....
Old 02-01-2007, 11:26 PM   #17
butters323

lol bahahah nuf said.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:28 AM   #18
Mazda_Brian

Butters,

I taske my cruising serious, yes.

I dont go on cruises so I can park in a carpark and look at pretty cars and chat to people who have paid others to do stuff to their car, I go on a CRUISE to CRUISE!!!

As for reading your instructions, looking at some of your posts, your gramma skills are pathetic at best, maybe there lies a problem.

Speaking to other people on many other forums, your credibility as a cruise organiser is shot, and so is Craig's, but that doesn't bother me the slightest.

As for calling me Whitey, that's quite funny, considering I have a nice tan at the moment, go cruising almost every single weekend with many people, and as for Job, well I get paid good money to do bugger all.

Anyway, this cruise isn't being organised by you or Craig, so things should go smoothly, see you there

B.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:35 AM   #19
butters323

yesh yesh wah wah all again. As for the call whitey, amongst other calls, it was an expression to get a life. i cld continue rebutttals for hours wit ma excesssivelly bad grammer much, but id ratha not cause im kinda ova it. i dunt mind if u continue either keyboard warrior.

Best wishes,
Buttaz
(that dude wit gramma bad much)
Old 03-01-2007, 11:18 AM   #20
mazdamanik

im gunna drop out guys sorry