Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Performance & General Maintenance

Old 26-02-2004, 01:27 AM   #61
TURBO MAZDA

yeah they got me for the same kind of crap and i was at the traffic lights, The car didn't even move.

Just put all the stock stuff back on for emmision,
standard computer
standard injector
standard exhaust
standard airbox

and it should pass, that is what i had to do to get mine to pass.

It is all just one big head ake
TURBO MAZDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2004, 12:32 PM   #62
sik astina

Car: Ba 1.8L Turbo astina
Send a message via MSN to sik astina
why dont u's spend abit more cash and get the cars engineered? save the changing computers over and that.
Old 26-02-2004, 01:10 PM   #63
Dogo

Car: Mazda 323 BA BPT transplant
from what i understand its really really expensive to the point of not worth it to engineer an aftermarket computer.
Old 26-02-2004, 02:08 PM   #64
jcywong
AstinaGT Regular

Car: saf
get a emission test first, it's free, and if it pass, you should be right
Old 26-02-2004, 02:55 PM   #65
Dogo

Car: Mazda 323 BA BPT transplant
aftermarket computers require a full emission test from memory. which costs abt 3-4k i think.
Old 26-02-2004, 03:59 PM   #66
sik astina

not in NSW, its about $500
Old 26-02-2004, 04:48 PM   #67
SehnKhan

Car: .
YIKES!! I remember something in Hot 4's about that Yellow Club Spec WRX requiring a full emissions test and costing in the vacinity of $3-4K
SehnKhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2004, 12:03 PM   #68
Rupewrecht
Administrator

Car: AZ-1, Astina Hardtop Turbo, BJ Protege, Beetle
exactly, as i said before, in vic there's only one place that does emissions testing and they charge $3500.

otherwise i would!

and i AM getting the car engineered. read the post people :roll: :P

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com
Sourcing your not-quite-overnight parts from Japan

WRECHT--|--SLOWTEGE--|--BEETLE--|--SUBSTITUTE--|--AZ-1

Rupewrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2004, 04:15 PM   #69
TURBO MAZDA

I do have my car enginered,

what i was saying is that, to get the car to PASS the emissions test what i had to do.

And to get the car enginered you must have a vaild emission test done and pass the requirements. You have no chance of passing with a microtech.

I no what i 'am talking about cause i had my car tested about 20 times befor i changed the parts listed above to get the car to pass.

also there is no valid enginer that would enginer your car with a microtech computer,

if you are going to enginer your car go to the rta web site and get the list of vaild enginer of there, if there not on that site then doesn't mater what they write on the paper couse it doesn't mean **** !!!!!!!
Old 27-02-2004, 04:44 PM   #70
Rupewrecht
Administrator

Car: AZ-1, Astina Hardtop Turbo, BJ Protege, Beetle
yeah, i've talked to the engineer and he gave me a list of things to change, hence me going back to the tx3 spec externals (turbo/ecu etc)

i'm leaving the wolf there as it's for 'track use'

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com
Sourcing your not-quite-overnight parts from Japan

WRECHT--|--SLOWTEGE--|--BEETLE--|--SUBSTITUTE--|--AZ-1

Rupewrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2004, 04:50 PM   #71
TURBO MAZDA

here is the link for valid enginers
but it seams to be down at the moment, if you pm me your email
i can send ya the the copy i have.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registrati...oads/vsi15.pdf
Old 27-02-2004, 04:54 PM   #72
TURBO MAZDA

it's one big pain in the arse,
Old 10-08-2010, 05:09 PM   #73
amberastina

Car: 96 Astina Manual
hey guys in reference to these earlier posts just wondering about legislation for exterior lighting on a car.I contacted the rta after searching their website and finding nothing this is how the convo went...
me-Hi I have searched the website and can't find any reference to neon lights on exterior of vehicle nothing saying you can and nothing saying you can't. Would like some clarification on this and reference to legislation on this. Please reply as soon as possible. Thank you
rta-Amber,
The NSW Police can take action against you if they deem you are distracting another road user.
me-Just to confirm, so there is nothing like a set standard?
It depends on who the officer is or is it black and white yes/no? Can you please reference to the legislation regarding this.Thank you
rta-Contact the Police, they are the ones who enforce the road rules.
me-They may enforce the rules but the RTA is supposed to legislate these rules and have the documents freely available. Can you please answer the question or forward the enquiry to someone who can.
rta-Amber,I already have, you need to ask the Police.

so anyway i got a lil angry towards the end as you can tell but like i said they should know so I have emailed the nsw police force so will see but did any of you happen to know the answer to my dillemma?

thank you
Old 10-08-2010, 05:13 PM   #74
mussing

Car: 1990 323 Astina BG SP
Might wanna check the thread date before you post dude- the last post on this thread was February 2004!
mussing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:36 PM   #75
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

Car: 1996 BA Hatch & 2005 RX8
i dunno about NSW but i read in regards to QLD i know that you are not allowed to have anything on lke a red, white, yellow, blue (as those colors are reserved for police, ambulance, signaling, driving lights) neon while driving, as for when you are parked it can be on as long as it is not on a road. HOWEVER that being said from everything i read TECHNICALLY you can have a set of pink neons on your car while driving, or a red neon at the back, amber ones on the side that are activaded as you indicate and a white one on the front that comes on with headlights.. but as well there is no PROPER legislation i found in regards to this
Old 10-08-2010, 06:31 PM   #76
sik astina

I had neons years ago, and got told by the cops and EPA that you cant have them unless there is a clear one at the front, amber on the sides and a red one at the rear like tony said but who wants those colours anyway
Old 10-08-2010, 10:30 PM   #77
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
yep that's right extra light must comply with ADR CODES - NOTE RTA or anything else ADR rules

If you look at TRUCK BODIES these are all custom made or at least 80% were made here In australia - ****ING Overseas cheap labour basted Right wings pricks.
they all have amber and red side lights - some with clear foward facing and all red rear.

but yes any forward facing light on car NOT originally fitted to the car must comlly with ADR rule BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

basic thing goes - parkers 7watt - head lamp 55watt - indicators 21 watt and brake 21 watt and taillight 7watt.
Now with new light being LED etc they are being complied under the E- for european spec compliance rule. Reason for new cars like HSV having driving lights which in Europe since about 1980 were 21watt.

but here in lies the bit that hurts whoes who want a stage show. Positioing and angle - they have introduced this for daytime driving lights.

As for other colours. WE have rules to protect the public. Just turn them on when your at show or even car park.

It is distracting to see a car down the road with blue lights on it's bonnet from funny washers etc.
If you se a car coming towards you with PINK or RED parkers - Even green ones it's annoying.
So just coply with it because all you are doing it making it worse for your self and others.

As for Police officers- I deal with them almost weekly on matter above most peoples heads. They dont' need to know every detail. They only need to know the Majority of what is right and what is wrong.
They have right to defeact you for any extra thing not factory fitted to your car those presents a danger to the public.
If you don't want this dont' give them the oportunity or ability.
They could defect a brand new car because the rear taillight is out. I've heard it happen, the dealer - fixed it payed for the Defeact. Because even they know it's untouchable. Just because it's brand new don't mean it's perfect.
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:10 AM   #78
amberastina

Car: 96 Astina Manual
I was looking for a post similar to what I wanted to ask cause I forgot where to find the post new thread bit...
Yeah I saw on the RTA site the bit about the colours and who can have them.The pinks only for show like not driving around except in quiet streets in my area (i dont wanna get in trouble :s lol)
I know what you mean about those ones on the bonnet so annoying and I saw one the other day with blue number plate lights and all you could see was blue not even the number plate which must be illegal.I might pop into the police station on weekend and find out what they think and anything else I think of asking. Thanks for the posts everyone
Old 20-08-2010, 08:28 PM   #79
Kevaclone

Car: Landcruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfvadr View Post
when i took mine to nrma with 18's they told me no way they would touch it
after telling the guy to get out his tape messure an wake up to him self because the rolling diamater off 16's with 50 series tyres are only 3mm different to the 18's with 35 series an the 16's r 6.5 the 18's r 7.5 that is acceptable by the rta he went all dry in the throat spoke to sum boss inside then they insured me
think its called baffled with bull**** works for me :lol:
I hope you got it in writing, because the sales people ARE NOT assessors
so when it comes time to make a claim things will be a whole lot different.
At least if you have it in writing you will have some leverage if your claim is refused

I have my Landcruiser and Prado covered for offroad use with RACQ
some Companies say they cover for offroad but their idea of offroad varies considerably. but RACQ offorad is "Any visible track" meaning where tyre tracks are visible(their meaning), this means if I roll over on a steep badly rutted and rocky hill track I'm still covered, but not if I just start driving through the scrub.
I also have that in writing so any problems if I make a claim I have their letter stating they approved it
  • 2003 BA Falcon XLS Ute
  • 1995 323 BA Astina
  • 1991 323 Astina SP-Wrecking Now. PM for info
Kevaclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2010, 08:38 PM   #80
marcs_sp20

Car: 2002 Mazda Astina SP20 2006 Mazda 6 GY Wagon
You do realise you quoted something said back in 2003?