Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Bodykits & Exterior

Old 23-12-2013, 05:57 PM   #1
bluetvrs1

Car: Jeep, Kawasaki
Problems getting 11N Noble Green mixed

OK so I had some paint mixed at my local SCA shop for my daughter's 1997 BA Astina..asked for 11N (as per the compliance plate stamp) and after I've applied it and the clear coat I must say the match is...well...not matching

The old paint has a green tinge whilst the new one is very blue in appearance. Approached the shop and showed them the photos to which they say "see the sign which states no refunds for mixed paint as paint fades over time". This I can appreciate however to me 'fade' means 'gets lighter' not 'changes colour'. The fact that 11N is described as Noble Green would suggest a green hue and not blue.

Only option I have is to get another pot mixed up elsewhere and compare the two (I still have some left of the SCA one).

Anyone else had problem with SCA or Noble Green (I've just read a forum post that says 11N was also 'Indigo Blue' on one model).
cheers..
bluetvrs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 23-12-2013, 07:15 PM   #2
project.r.racing

Car: n/a
go to a proper auto part store.

noble green and indigo blue and both 2 layer mica paints. getting a touch up paint is never gonna look 100% right.

noble green should be navy with metallic pearl green flakes in it. i'd hazard a guess the flakes are not mixed correctly or not enough in the mix.

Last edited by project.r.racing; 23-12-2013 at 07:22 PM.
project.r.racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2013, 11:49 PM   #3
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
Pain in the butt to Mix and blend - GO to real paint store - Not many in Sydney that deal with public on small amounts. Or even ask a panel shop.

These 90's model paints - especially the metallic can be painful to get right. One reason they are easily written off is in the labour costs and tricks to making it right.
I re-did whole car as to not have the same problems I had on another.
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2013, 07:08 AM   #4
TheMAN

Car: .
if you're painting a large area, you'll need to blend it with the original paint, regardless of how well mixed the paint is
Old 24-12-2013, 09:48 AM   #5
sik astina

Car: Ba 1.8L Turbo astina
Send a message via MSN to sik astina
There are two types of noble green, the early models were more of a green I remember when my 95 astina was noble green and the later models eg 97 were more of a blue colour.
Old 25-12-2013, 05:06 AM   #6
bluetvrs1

Car: Jeep, Kawasaki
Car is a 97 but seems to be more green than blue.

Spoke to another paint shop and the guy reckons the code 11N uses hardly any green so I decided to paint the whole car (it's a bit scratched up after 16 years anyway). Went back to SCA and bought more paint to finish the job over xmas....at least they had 20% off yesterday
bluetvrs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2013, 11:14 PM   #7
BrownDog

Car: 1997 BA "The Red Baron"
yeah i have a 95 and its blueish more so than green, its only green when a torch is shined on it, yet its rego'd green hmm, SCA also has 11N to be a different colour to what we need, our colour is under a differnet code for some reason best bet would be to take the fuel cap in and have em match it or go to proper paint store

The Red Baron

Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
My Madza 323 Goes...
SSSSSSSSTUUTUUTUU
BrownDog is offline   Reply With Quote