Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Performance & General Maintenance

Old 04-08-2015, 08:15 PM   #1
Gamith Selaka

Car: Mazda Astina
Question Mazda Astina idle

Hi Guyys Need Help !!

I'm from sri lanka and i have mazda astina 1990 1.5CC efi Model.
I had to faced idle problem,so when i start the car idle is good but when i switch on the AC idle is going down.

Notes : i replaced the Throttle body ,TPS Sensor and AIC Valuve also but problem is still havee and i tuned the engin also all injectors are cleaned !! please help me for this problem Shootout

Thank you guyss
Gamith Selaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2015, 10:47 PM   #2
paulmac

Car: Astina BJ auto
Hi, I have 1993 BJ Astina automatic air cond, which does the same thing as your astina. the car runs very well when going but has a rough idle and a very idle with the air cond turned on. My motor has 250,000 kms on the odometer. There is wear in the top end, piston rings and so on. I think that in cars with a bit of blow by through the valve guides and rings, any load at idle would produce rough ide. due to the pvc system. with these old cars I think , unless the car actually stalls, the rough idle is just something that happens. I havent actually tried taking the oil filler cap off to see if that makes a difference. that's my theory anyway - excess crankcase pressure due to wear in rings and valve guides- affecting idle especially under load. there is no economic solution . this is just my opinion. I could of course be wrong.
paulmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 07:48 AM   #3
paulmac

Car: Astina BJ auto
I dont worry about the same issue in mine. it runs fine. idles rough esp with ac on. So what. You could try oil additives but in the end the only way to solve symptoms caused by engine wear is spend money. I dont like doing that unless I have to. change your oil regularly, keep an eye on your air cleaner, and enjoy your car. they are great cars. A golf would fill its air cleaner up with oil in the same state, so we are lucky.

as I said, I could be wrong in my diagnosis.
paulmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 10:04 AM   #4
Gamith Selaka

Car: Mazda Astina
yes this is a awesome car i had i dont like to sale this car also i can run the car with this problem is it not a problem to a car ? then fine

Thanks guyss
Gamith Selaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air compressor, engine, idle, throttle body