Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Audio Hi-fi

Old 10-02-2009, 04:42 PM   #21
RibZe

Car: BG Astina
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavoAust View Post
mate i don't know how your audio system is killing the battery, its not a high drain system? check your earths, it maybe pulling more power to overcome bad earthing

maybe look at other power drains (fans etc?) too

getting to the alt has to be the biggest b****. i'm leaving mine till i pull the engine
I'll check all the earths.

I just had alot of work done to the engine so that half of the engine was pulled out :P

Thanks.
RibZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 07:01 PM   #22
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

Car: 1996 BA Hatch & 2005 RX8
u might also have a shotty batery, irrelevant if its new.. in my old car i had a similar sounding problem. everything cheked out, batery held the charge while car was on, alt was working fine.. but once the car is off, the battery couldnt hold the charge, so it slowly released it somwhere, and when i cranked it the alternator just recharged it enough so that it can start on the seccond attemnt. i just got a stronger batery i hope that anecdote helps
Old 16-02-2009, 11:00 AM   #23
RibZe

Car: BG Astina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70NYD View Post
u might also have a shotty batery, irrelevant if its new.. in my old car i had a similar sounding problem. everything cheked out, batery held the charge while car was on, alt was working fine.. but once the car is off, the battery couldnt hold the charge, so it slowly released it somwhere, and when i cranked it the alternator just recharged it enough so that it can start on the seccond attemnt. i just got a stronger batery i hope that anecdote helps
If i knew the battery wouldn't be able to cope then i would've cashed out another $200 for the Soundstream 700CCA dry cell battery.

It's a little disheartening that's all lol.
RibZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2009, 07:20 AM   #24
phildough
Banned

Car: 2002 Mazda Frankenstina
Have you added a extra ground return wire, as for every wire that comes off the positive battery terminal there should be one of equal size added from chassis ground to the negative battery terminal. Most people forget to add this wire when installing car stereos. No point having the fattest draw cable in the world when you have no return path.
It can cure the headlight flashing to the bass beat problem. It may solve your problem too. It may not also.
But it is a good idea to have it there anyway.
phildough is offline   Reply With Quote