Old 08-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #1
Rupewrecht
Administrator

Car: AZ-1, Astina Hardtop Turbo, BJ Protege, Beetle
Nissan to enter V8 Supercars

Who would have thought?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/mo...6c04811d762e8e

Quote:
NISSAN is set to be a shock inclusion on the V8 Supercars grid next year with powerhouse Japanese manufacturer to announce tomorrow it will be taking the fight to Holden and Ford.

In an historic inclusion which V8 Supercars claim will bulletproof the future of the sport, Nissan have agreed to re-join the series in 2013 in a move which will inject hundreds of thousand of dollars into the sport and place a wedge between the iconic battle between Holden and Ford.
Would have thought it'd be Toyota first.

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com
Sourcing your not-quite-overnight parts from Japan

WRECHT--|--SLOWTEGE--|--BEETLE--|--SUBSTITUTE--|--AZ-1

Rupewrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2012, 09:24 PM   #2
marcs_sp20

Car: 2002 Mazda Astina SP20 2006 Mazda 6 GY Wagon
did you see the artists impression of the chrysler 300C v8 supercar on the front cover of auto action??
Old 08-02-2012, 09:40 PM   #3
derb

Car: 1993 BG Astina GT-X
Hell yes! But what chassis? RWD R35 GTR? Or will it just be a v8 shell with maxima panels?
derb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:41 PM   #4
phildough
Banned

Car: 2002 Mazda Frankenstina
They do look kind of OK for a 300C
phildough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:39 AM   #5
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
Toyota's Main aim internationally is not in Racing anymore. Once they pulled out of F1 - they saw the main aim to be in the Eco- future energy race. EG - they have money - they ain't wasting it on SHORT TERM GOALS. They will join eventually

But you might say - but what about US - NASCAR. US NAscar is market on it's own bigger then the total Sales market of toyotas cars in Australia.
**** - with the way the world and it's Multinations are still restructuring to feed the Rich. You will be lucky to see Aus made cars in 10 years.

Also - Do remember Nissan is now effectively French ****. Renualt will be pushing this more so. It will only be time before we could see, Nissan Renualt dealers, more main streem.

All this future car crap is Good but I don't actually think it will work as well as it has for like the FIA GT1 categorys.

Australians do like to really Relate to the cars. We have tendancy to spot the fakes more so. Race cars with Selling shells is good but if history has shown it. Look at the former ARC - WRC cars of the mid to late 90's. I expect more relation as now with the UN-restricted class it's almost like Modified Rally/ Road cars. I expect to see even more aftermarket push - you could see, Equivlant to say UK Prodrive version of car releasedby say MRT or something.

I doubt still with Australians tastes going more towards Euro types in recent years to see, Crysler 300C's or even cheaper Dodge Magnum versions.

Of course I'liek to see it keep all Australians busy and employed.

Too bad mazda Killed the 929 ?
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:58 AM   #6
woofy

Car: Race Blue RS Octavia hatch, Black Santa Fe Elite
Funny, Nissan will be racing against themselves, both Holden and Ford are getting avoiding announcing that they won't make the Commodore or Falcon anymore. I doubt a V8 Mondeo is on the cards and and a V8 Cruze is not gonna happen....maybe it will come back to the Turbo cars?
woofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:55 AM   #7
chicaboo

Car: Touge monster
The ATCC was better under Group C/A rules prior to 1993 when they made the 2.0/5.0L split to drive out Nissan in the first place. The best thing they could do is open it up to Class A-E racing once again under Group A reg's. This would give all manufacturers a chance to showcase themselves. It's a shame TOCA didn't last long after the 1997 break up.

Toyota was never a force in the ATCC, but Godzilla destroyed pretty much everything, so it's no surprise to me that Nissan would spearhead breaking into the current 2 horse race.
chicaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:56 AM   #8
Cosmo Dude
コスモ

Car: Mazda '95 Astina I4, '86 B2K and '10 3 MZR-CD
Quote:
Originally Posted by derb View Post
Hell yes! But what chassis? RWD R35 GTR? Or will it just be a v8 shell with maxima panels?
COTF rules dictate that it must be based on a 4 door body as well as minimum production volumes. I.E. If Mazda were to build a V8 supercar it would be a Mazda 6 not an Rx-8, not that I’m suggesting Mazda are interested in V8 Supercars but a V8 Mazda 6 Mmmmm.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:53 AM   #9
mynameisdaniel

Car: 07 Subaru Liberty GT Spec B tuned by STi
Old 09-02-2012, 11:07 AM   #10
Rupewrecht
Administrator

More:

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/534...pionship-plans

Quote:
Speaking today, local Nissan boss Dan Thompson confirmed that the car will represent an "all-new model" in the brand's Australian line-up - suggesting that the upcoming next-generation Altima sedan is a lock for the job.

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com

Old 09-02-2012, 12:13 PM   #11
Clean_Cookie
obsessed-incomplete-broke

Car: BA Hardtop/Hatch
Best 300c ever.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:49 PM   #12
z100

Car: 2003 Protege Sp20
Not that it(GTR) will be racing but good to see nissan will be back in 2013!

Quote:
Kelly Racing has signed on with Nissan to become the company’s main factory team and will run four cars next year from their Melbourne workshop.
Quote:
The new factory team, which forms a local initiative benefiting from the backing of Nissan's international racing and tuning arm NISMO

Last edited by z100; 09-02-2012 at 02:57 PM.
z100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:05 PM   #13
project.r.racing

Car: n/a
Nissan have struggling sales. This will be a good PR stunt to boost their brand name up again.
project.r.racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #14
rodhog

Quote:
Originally Posted by project.r.racing View Post
Nissan have struggling sales. This will be a good PR stunt to boost their brand name up again.
Has anybody wondered why they have had **** sales in last 10 years.?

I can point out the 3 points on each car that turned me off when I went buying.

2004 - nissan maxima- Can't get into back seat - You hit your head.

2001 - Nissan N15 pulsar- Trail beam rear end - compitition all IRS.

Nissan X-trail and Nissan navara - over priced - quality very poor in comparison to compition.

From other experiences. I know family who bought a nissan driven by Elderly couple was told buy a Corolla or Mazda 3- bought a Tida first 12 months - was so unreliabile they were given a replacment car. (engine blew)
They traded it in, Bought Focus ?- so far so good. Not everone wants a toyota. I understand.

but my favourtie of all, is this neighbour of Female Relation who had always owned Euro crap I mean Renault - Citrieon- VW (polo), decides I'll buy a Micra. Just recently in that pink gay colour that's not pink. But it's okay He does live in Darlinghurst. It was like any time I saw him He asked me question on whats this noise why this - why that. I was shocked yet not shocked. but when the steering wheel cover gets loose in what like 1 year of service? The dealer told hims it's wear and tear. I understand he now drives a SMART car - yes a smart thing.

My former love for nissans was high, I did have Family Wagon Nissan bluebird S3 when HR31's were running around the mountian. my first burnouts were in R31's. My first methanol fuel treatment special was on Pintara R31.

N14's were dream cars to drive. If they had P-plate rules when I was young I would of gotten one.

But I can't think of 1 car not even the Might GT-R (as I don't think if it in the same way as R32 it's jumped past that.)

I can't recommend of even consider buying one.

Remember them Kim Cattrall Adds for Tida - still even with her I can't forgive them. (I still love Kim Cattrall)

They would have to suck so hard and make some real changes. Because I'd rather own a one of them Chrysler Dogde things then the nissan equivlant.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:20 PM   #15
z100

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodhog View Post
2001 - Nissan N15 pulsar- Trail beam rear end - compitition all IRS.
Agree with you on all points except this.
Was a cracking drive and a great seller for Nissan.
In 2000 it was at the end of it's life cycle and replaced, thinking N16 maybe?
Old 09-02-2012, 10:51 PM   #16
chicaboo

Car: Touge monster
N16 debut around 2001.

I have a 1998 N15 Pulsar VZ-R, and there isn't anything wrong with 'multi-link rear beam' in practice. Although it doesn't look pretty hanging down under the car, it does get the job done well while keeping both back wheels planted on the ground. I have more objection with the bearing cap strut tops on the front that self-disassemble when removing the shocks...
chicaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:29 AM   #17
rodhog

Quote:
Originally Posted by z100 View Post
Agree with you on all points except this.
Was a cracking drive and a great seller for Nissan.
In 2000 it was at the end of it's life cycle and replaced, thinking N16 maybe?
2001 was the year I was shopping and your right but it was a N15 it was closer to 2000 - because shoppping for family member. thought a Pulsar was good idea. I did look at N16s but - come on - Seriously I'd rather be seen in a run down laser.

Not as good in any way as N14 is compared to the the N15 IMO for street use other then stock.
One thing a N15 any of the Aus delivered ones 1.6L or SR they all sucked lowered. Even Just20mm. I rode in one a mate had with just basic peeder springs and forget it.
I bounced out of the seat ME -an back in them days I was packing around 120KG Front row forward weight. IT had new shocks the lot fitted.
A BA astina on Eibachs was tight but never ever ever ever BOUNCED OFF LINE.
I remember my mates N15 he put in much better springs but it still didn't grip. I mean. I was following him on same road. both of us with out Square 2.0L engines - of course he's got a lighter 200KG frame and I have a Diff for grip.
But it was dry. One bounce and he almost bought the tree and fence.
Where he was fathering throttle - I was FLAT. Make it worse car desgined in 85 to a what 95 desgin. He put it back to stock too- can't drive kids around in it.

N15 - I'd rather have a EK Civic or something. I was totally disapointed after all the N14's I had grown up in the back seat of in the mid 90's.
To Me it was like WHAT the hell.

I take into account - talking modified cars and I know stock for stock a N15 SSS V SP20 will still take the mazda but I do know stock for stock I could take the Sp20 through REAL ROADS - more flat with confidence then a N15.

All rear trailing beams on the edge get skittish. So I don't compalain about it as a cheap suspesnion. I complain because it's RIP OFF. If the competition can go better why not ? OR make it work better ? Maybe thats the big issue how poor it works on real roads.

the N15 VZ-R with the 1.6L VVT thing has an awsome engine but that is it to me. Just my Opinion
the SR20 still a much better road engine overall.IMO. Might be bit biased having had one in a S13.
Don't take it personally it's Just my opinion from what I've experienced.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:32 AM   #18
z100

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodhog View Post
2001 was the year I was shopping and your right but it was a N15 it was closer to 2000 - because shoppping for family member. thought a Pulsar was good idea. I did look at N16s but - come on - Seriously I'd rather be seen in a run down laser.

Not as good in any way as N14 is compared to the the N15 IMO for street use other then stock.
One thing a N15 any of the Aus delivered ones 1.6L or SR they all sucked lowered. Even Just20mm. I rode in one a mate had with just basic peeder springs and forget it.
I bounced out of the seat ME -an back in them days I was packing around 120KG Front row forward weight. IT had new shocks the lot fitted.
A BA astina on Eibachs was tight but never ever ever ever BOUNCED OFF LINE.
I remember my mates N15 he put in much better springs but it still didn't grip. I mean. I was following him on same road. both of us with out Square 2.0L engines - of course he's got a lighter 200KG frame and I have a Diff for grip.
But it was dry. One bounce and he almost bought the tree and fence.
Where he was fathering throttle - I was FLAT. Make it worse car desgined in 85 to a what 95 desgin. He put it back to stock too- can't drive kids around in it.

N15 - I'd rather have a EK Civic or something. I was totally disapointed after all the N14's I had grown up in the back seat of in the mid 90's.
To Me it was like WHAT the hell.

I take into account - talking modified cars and I know stock for stock a N15 SSS V SP20 will still take the mazda but I do know stock for stock I could take the Sp20 through REAL ROADS - more flat with confidence then a N15.

All rear trailing beams on the edge get skittish. So I don't compalain about it as a cheap suspesnion. I complain because it's RIP OFF. If the competition can go better why not ? OR make it work better ? Maybe thats the big issue how poor it works on real roads.

the N15 VZ-R with the 1.6L VVT thing has an awsome engine but that is it to me. Just my Opinion
the SR20 still a much better road engine overall.IMO. Might be bit biased having had one in a S13.
Don't take it personally it's Just my opinion from what I've experienced.
Makes sense, I look at the car with slightly rose tinted glasses. Learnt to drive in a N15 SSS, so have a bit of a soft spot for them. Also never had one at the limit, so can't really compare it to, say, my sp20. Could be that the SR20 hides some of the other issues. And yeah, the N16 was a joke!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:41 AM   #19
Rupewrecht
Administrator

Introducing the Tiida really killed them here. Should have at least branded it as a Pulsar - that would have helped.

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com

Old 10-02-2012, 10:11 AM   #20
RedLineResident

Car: BA V6 Hardtop 5 Speed & 97 Prelude VTIR
Nissan was a car family I admired and liked... made some really appealing cars 15-20 years ago... but now they don't make one affordable car that even remotely appeals...
They've gone from the likes of the 180sx, 200sx, 300zx, skyline, SSS pulsar, GTi's to cr@p.

370Z is about the only car that's half respectable... and then there's the GTR... The rest is just pure rubbish... I think what most manufacturers are neglecting is the way a car "FEELS"...
Sure they can all make cars that get you from a - b, and some don't make them too bad either... but the majority of cars lack the soul I look for.

Just my 2 cents...
When buying a car you buy it with your head and your heart.

"Amateurs practice until they get it right."
"Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong."
RedLineResident is offline   Reply With Quote