Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Suspension & Wheels

Old 19-07-2003, 12:57 PM   #1
Pernod
AstinaGT Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Pernod
Tyres and alignment - it was about time!

Well after having the car for a short while now I decided it was time to get some decent a symetric tyres on it (although I may miss having what we literally slicks on it).

I also got a wheel alignment and -OMG- I have never seen alignment figures that were so far out! :? I'm guessing the previous owner has never done an alignment in its life!

I just thought i'd put this up to say, this was the best $750 I could have possibly spent on it! Its like a new car! The absolutley cronic understear that it had is actually managable now!

If anyone else here has recently picked up a lantis, and hasn't done this yet then it should be one of your first points of call! (as with any car i suppose)

As an aside, the guy that did the tyres had the v6 version parked across the road - he was asking about the mesh on the front, so I directed him here :-) Hopefull he will pop in for a look sometime!
Come visit me at http://s2.co.nz/
---------------------------------
Pernod is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 20-07-2003, 10:28 AM   #2
sirex

Hey dude where did you get them from? What did you put on? My tyres are pretty smooth and with the GREAT Wellington weather at the moment they are a little dodgey. I am currently tossing up between Sava Intenza's and FM901's, (obviously there is a significant price difference).

1993 V6 Lantis
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2003, 10:32 AM   #3
pr1mo
I MUST STOP MAKING STUPID POSTS! Yet I keep on making them. And I wonder why I get banned?

Car: auto
my car will be going in for its 4th wheel alignment in 12 months on tuesday ops:
pr1mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2003, 02:43 PM   #4
Pernod
AstinaGT Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Pernod
Tell me about Wellington on slicks! The only marks left on my old tyres were the 2 grooves that ran through the middle of it - not a sign of any other tread! - Quite nice for slippery Wellington roads on hills!

As my partner does 80-90k a day to get to work, the new tyres wont last long - hence it was a bit of a compromise between price, performance and comfort.

In the end we went of a pair of a-symetrical yokohamas (sorry, will have to check the precise code for you). The A-symetrics work great on the little Lantis, especially without a decent rear sway bar on the back. As the car rolls over the weight moves onto the outside of the trye with the bigger blocks, stopping the cronic understear a bit.

They are hardly the top of the range, but like i said at that much milage they wont last long so we went for midrange (ie. the cheaper end of reasonable a-symetrics)

Got them from Tony's Tyres out at petone. - I'll let you know the code
Come visit me at http://s2.co.nz/
---------------------------------
Pernod is offline   Reply With Quote