Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Communities > Queensland

Old 07-08-2006, 12:26 PM   #1
project.r.racing

Car: n/a
[QLD ONLY] Cruisin Question?

After a long chat about cruising between Gav, Mitch, Leigh and myself on last Sunday's cruise, (which no one turned up for.) I was wondering who in the Queensland area/section actually likes cruising.

There are a few members that I've never seen before ever. Also members that say they are gonna come but never do.

Just wondering who is a internet thread jockey and who is a tarmac cruiser. If you are the tarmc cruiser. Please tell us why and what you would like in a cruise? Then maybe we can organise something for everyone.

Me? I like cruising - I find it hard cos most cruises area sth of Brisbane and along way for me to drive. BBQs, lunchs are good. Carparks and bonnets up are gay. Not really into twisties that much anymore. But do enjoy a quick drive up a mountain every now and then.
project.r.racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2006, 12:42 PM   #2
2brag
AstinaGT Regular

Car: MPS3
I dont like cruising in my car as it stands at the moment, if i keep it and do more ill be far more active
Old 07-08-2006, 12:47 PM   #3
Beckie
AstinaGT Regular

Car: Astra
Send a message via MSN to Beckie
i enjoy going for a cruise every now and then. Of course I don't push my car as hard as pretty well all of the other people on here, which is one of the reasons why I haven't actually brought the astra out on a really big cruise with you before, but I don't mind just sitting at the back having a bit of fun. Being in the passenger seat was always fun, but I do like to get behind the wheel as much as possible.
I often drive all over Brisbane (mainly the north south and west sides these days) and even up and down the coast for a general cruise. Most weekends I am out and about driving somewhere - particularly living out as far as I do now, I love the drive into and out of Brisbane - Mt Crosby is a gorgeous road with beautiful views, and I used to often find myself up in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland (Giving my mother a heart attack when I rocked up to my Grandmothers 5hrs late because I got sidetracked )
I know I don't actually own an astina, but any cruises that come up I will more often than not always be keen as long as I am welcome here.
The cruises that I have been on have been so much fun and I'd love to see heaps more of them always great to catch up with the people on here
Beckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 12:50 PM   #4
chicaboo

Car: Touge monster
Well, my idea of a cruise is different to most, I like to cater to the tastes of all, starting out with a hwy drive to the mountains, then stopping at scenic areas where we can, having a nice lunch, then a surprise (which most find lame) and then more nice drivies off to whereever, hopefully finishing up with Hog's Breath for dinner.

Somewhere in amongst all this, a frog will need to be squeezed!

Gav.
chicaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 01:28 PM   #5
LordWorm

Car: .
Yeh i'm guilty of not turning up this time. or last time to the sunny coast cruise.. stuff comes up... usually last minute... but that happens...

The cruises i've been on are normally dogged by silly driving and egos...and unfortunatly its something the majority of us are guilty of.

To be honest, i'd prefer a cruise with purpose... not just driving for 3 hours for the sake of it. BBQ or fush and chups lunch is great...but how about a cruise to a place where we can go hiking, or paintballing, or go carting...as fun as twisties are, they can become a bit mundane (and then dangerous) after a solid hour at driving them.

Need parts? Contact sales@b3motorsports.com
LordWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 01:40 PM   #6
chicaboo

Yeah dude, that's why when I organised a cruise I took everyone to the Glow Worm caves at Tamborine, and went for a bushwalk to waterfalls at Eagle Heights etc...

I have an idea for another cruise that involves a nice scenic drive and another surprise at the Gold Coast. Parking and admission costs I have not looked at yet.

Paintballing and go karting is not for everyone, and costs a lot more than a $10 admission to a lame secret surprise sprung at the last moment. The hiking/walking is something I'm happy with however. Fush end Chup lunch with the sacred Hog's Breath for dinner is always the best.

Gav.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:46 PM   #7
LordWorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicaboo
Yeah dude, that's why when I organised a cruise I took everyone to the Glow Worm caves at Tamborine, and went for a bushwalk to waterfalls at Eagle Heights etc...

I have an idea for another cruise that involves a nice scenic drive and another surprise at the Gold Coast. Parking and admission costs I have not looked at yet.

Paintballing and go karting is not for everyone, and costs a lot more than a $10 admission to a lame secret surprise sprung at the last moment. The hiking/walking is something I'm happy with however. Fush end Chup lunch with the sacred Hog's Breath for dinner is always the best.

Gav.
Big long f*ckoff cruises are not cheap either tho dude!! tank of fuel, tyre wear, food, drink stops, etc... a short cruise to paintball, or gocarts wouldnt be THAT much really... probably $150 for the day? and i'm not saying we do it at every cruise
just one every 6mths do something awesome - then more ppl will show up

Old 07-08-2006, 01:53 PM   #8
chicaboo

I don't think I ever went on a big f'koff cruise that cost $150/day.

One of my cruises broken down may work out like this:
Fuel - $25~50
Lunch - up to $10~15
Lame surprise adventure - $10~15
Hoe's Breath dinner - $20~35
Kydney failure from laughing after frog squeezing - PRICELESS!

I don't think that's too bad considering how rarely we have a day cruise these days.

As for your ideas - Organise it, and they may come.

Incedently, The excuse of tyre wear and fuel usage for not going on a cruise in a CAR CLUB I find most extraordinary indeed.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:03 PM   #9
LordWorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicaboo
I don't think I ever went on a big f'koff cruise that cost $150/day.

One of my cruises broken down may work out like this:
Fuel - $25~50
Lunch - up to $10~15
Lame surprise adventure - $10~15
Hoe's Breath dinner - $20~35
Kydney failure from laughing after frog squeezing - PRICELESS!

I don't think that's too bad considering how rarely we have a day cruise these days.

As for your ideas - Organise it, and they may come.

Incedently, The excuse of tyre wear and fuel usage for not going on a cruise in a CAR CLUB I find most extraordinary indeed.
dude i've got no problems with tyre wear and fuel usage...or rod throwage, or baring seazage...the joys of owning a car.... the joys of thrashing a car every now and then... i do have a problem with doing it for no point (just for the sake of climbing up and then down a mountain).

and it doesnt have to be paintball or go carting..theres 10 pin, beer-o-thons, find a maze or something to waste an hour in...yoga... i dunno..just something...something worthwhile at the end of the drive.... so you remember it as something other then "another drive up nebo" or whatever

Old 07-08-2006, 02:17 PM   #10
chicaboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordWorm
dude i've got no problems with tyre wear and fuel usage...or rod throwage, or baring seazage...the joys of owning a car.... the joys of thrashing a car every now and then... i do have a problem with doing it for no point (just for the sake of climbing up and then down a mountain).
That's good to know, however it doesn't have any bearing on anything I've commented on in this thread. I did not use the words "twisties, fang, thrash, hectic, skid, fully or bro" at any time when I was putting out ideas for my cruises. However, people are most welcome to drive at their own pace on a cruise, and they do.

As for your other ideas, they sound great. In this instance you are thinking along the same lines as me. A day out being a little adventure and something to look back on and enjoy in reflection. This I like, and if you can come up with something new and untried that all can participate in, it should be a winner.

A note to everybody: If you want a cruise, don't wait for anyone to organise them, cause they don't anymore. Put some ideas out and organise one yourself. I like that we get to see someone else's idea of a cruise every now and again. It's quite refreshing. And one of the strong points of the QLD chapter of AGT is that we all know each other, and have something to do with each other outside of car outings, so in this regard, throw a personal touch on a cruise like Greg was suggesting. Make an occasion, not just a cruise.

Gav.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:34 PM   #11
LordWorm

Yes.... anyone up for a cruise to hooters on friday night? hahaha

Old 07-08-2006, 02:38 PM   #12
boostedbatman
Manpink Crusader

Car: 1990 GD mx6 F2T, and soon I might drive the batmoobile once again
Send a message via MSN to boostedbatman
To see you work your stuff on the stage

I think not
boostedbatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 02:41 PM   #13
LordWorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedbatman
To see you work your stuff on the stage

I think not
oh you love it bat...you know you do
hahaha

Old 07-08-2006, 04:07 PM   #14
LYNX
AstinaGT Regular

Car: MAZDA 323 BG SP
Send a message via MSN to LYNX
Well ryan you beat me in a way i wanted to post something up a few weeks ago but seeing i'm not one of the popular members so i ddin't. I was gonna post up something about having another cruise because you's are always having dinners and im under 18 so i cant really do much and a cruise is a good way to meet people even if your car is stock standard who cares it's about a club getting together having some fun and laughs
LYNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 04:42 PM   #15
bourbon
The Hairy Mod

Car: MINI Cooper S 2003
ok now...most of us here can call ourselves mates/friendly with each other...so a cruise is just a good way to catch up...as gav said...a day cruise isnt that expensive...even the sunny coast cruise ryan organised was a fairly cheap one aye...tank of fuel (didnt even use 3/4 of a tank)...and food...and also i learned i needed to service my car in a hurry and fill her up with oil asap... i do like the ideas of a BBQ at someones place say once a month...and yeah the hogs breath/cactus jacks ideas are also good

ive been talkin to someone on here (stikaboi ) haha and he said hes gonna be organising a cruise...and YES! one hes comin on... i try to attend most cruises...but if i dont its cause of something been organised before the cruise has been planed...or money...

the paintball idea is a really good one...but the problem with that is...its expensive and its not for everyone (i love paintballl my self, but what stops me goin is its expensive).

i like : gettin together with everyone, havin laughs, talkin bout the cars, future projects/ideas, problems we have with the cars and get help bout what to do to fix them, driving (spirited,although im one of the slower guys , and also just cruising)...
bourbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 05:02 PM   #16
project.r.racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2brag
I dont like cruising in my car as it stands at the moment, if i keep it and do more ill be far more active
no idea what you are talking aqbout, i see you rolling with the old focus boyz all the time
Old 07-08-2006, 05:04 PM   #17
project.r.racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNX
Well ryan you beat me in a way i wanted to post something up a few weeks ago but seeing i'm not one of the popular members so i ddin't. I was gonna post up something about having another cruise because you's are always having dinners and im under 18 so i cant really do much and a cruise is a good way to meet people even if your car is stock standard who cares it's about a club getting together having some fun and laughs
popular? do not think that you are not. i enjoy talking to ya.
under 18? no big deal, dinners don't require you to be 18+.
stocko car? how the fark cares!!! come ride with us.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:09 PM   #18
project.r.racing

i'm also thinking of organising another cruise but the last 2 or 3 most people haven't come at all. me being guilty also but as i'm 100km away i have an excuse. i do not feel like organising something if people aren't really into cruising.

let me put it too you in a dollar value... who would be willing to spend $40-50 (fuel + food) for a day cruise?

i would, would anyone else?

ryan
Old 07-08-2006, 05:10 PM   #19
LordWorm

Lynx: i'm certainly not the most popular person here.. I've put myself at odds with many of the regulars... and the only cruises i've been on, my car has been bone stock..who cares?

ryan: if its partner friendly - and theres stacks of time to pre-organise myself...i'd be up for that..

Old 07-08-2006, 05:16 PM   #20
project.r.racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordWorm
ryan: if its partner friendly - and theres stacks of time to pre-organise myself...i'd be up for that..
all cruises have been partner and kid friendly. you just stay near the back of the pack and don't do the twisties/goat track at 100kph. do what i do and wear panties and be a girl and hide at the back of the queue of cars.