Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > Motorsports

Old 11-09-2009, 08:27 AM   #21
Ky_88
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 1998 Honda Civic CXi Hatchback
Well that's ok. Although I have to admit... the first time on Paul's bike riding around in a big circle, it was kind of exciting. The best was when I was sitting on the bike with him going all up these hills and it was really enjoying myself because I experienced the sort of rush they get out of riding properly through trees. However in saying that I would still ban him from getting another lol. We have no room at home for them!
Ky_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:31 PM   #22
Kazz

Car: Bommodore
I loved my bucket! I raced a honda 150 4 stroke.. well it was a honda engine yami frame and ducati seriani forks :P but it was the best fun... just haven't been able to get back into it, the bike still needs a bit of work and i would love to put the fearing on it but as it stands the bike weighs about 50kg and i weigh 50kg so its a good ratio hehe :P Im not very mechanically minded but my dad knows heaps! so if you need any advice let me know, he does some pretty tricky stuff, He races with Queensland early motorcycle sports club on a BSA gold star which he built from scratch by himself he is very talented. But goodluck... its so much fun i hope to get back into it one of these days when i have less fear....
Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:48 PM   #23
chrisw
2-Wheeled Weirdo

Car: '09 GT650r
Send a message via MSN to chrisw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
I loved my bucket! I raced a honda 150 4 stroke.. well it was a honda engine yami frame and ducati seriani forks :P but it was the best fun... just haven't been able to get back into it, the bike still needs a bit of work and i would love to put the fearing on it but as it stands the bike weighs about 50kg and i weigh 50kg so its a good ratio hehe :P Im not very mechanically minded but my dad knows heaps! so if you need any advice let me know, he does some pretty tricky stuff, He races with Queensland early motorcycle sports club on a BSA gold star which he built from scratch by himself he is very talented. But goodluck... its so much fun i hope to get back into it one of these days when i have less fear....
Nice! yeah, I want to get into buckets BUT my weight might hold me back. im 6'2 only 14% body fat but still 106kg in a race suit and helmet

mmmm 150cc I think I'd prefer 4 stroke, but 2 strokes are simpler to rebuild. whatever I can find really.. thats the goal. I gotta get these 2 bike projects GONE first though. which doesnt help that I was removing one of the front disc brakes on the yammy.. and 3 of the 6 bolts holding the disc onto the wheel were rusted apart... and subsequently broke off inside the threads
chrisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:08 PM   #24
Kazz

from my point of view... i can sit at a race meet all weekend and majority of bikes with problems are the 2 strokes... plus they are loud and they stink... 4 stroke will run beautifully all weekend they sound great, have better control on the corners coz they done hit power ban half way through and i actually think they are easier to fix... and think they must do better in different conditions... but thats me and i have always loved and ridden 4 strokes my whole life :P
Old 11-09-2009, 01:13 PM   #25
chrisw
2-Wheeled Weirdo

well I despise 2 strokes for the annoyance of keeping them running well... but they do make good power. and are easy to rebuild. I'd love a CB150 or 175 :x
Old 11-09-2009, 01:16 PM   #26
chrisw
2-Wheeled Weirdo

oh snap, maybe I should have read the motolite rules a bit better. I can have a 200 single as long as it has a 28mm carb. I would be buying a brand new mikuni carb anyway. mmm reliability.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:18 PM   #27
bourbon
The Hairy Mod

Car: MINI Cooper S 2003
I would love a Harley Davidson V-ROD Special 2008 MMMMMMMM! sexy
bourbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:25 PM   #28
Kazz

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhut up! you are so off topic nath =P this is a bucket thread! gosh! hehehe when i did it im pretty sure i did superlite and the rules were 2 stroke 125 and 4 stroke 150 or something close to that. there were a few more rules for internal work but im pretty sure my bike broke all those rules, speshly when we ran on methanol and ran a compression ratio of 13:1
Old 11-09-2009, 01:46 PM   #29
chrisw
2-Wheeled Weirdo

Quote:
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhut up! you are so off topic nath =P this is a bucket thread! gosh! hehehe when i did it im pretty sure i did superlite and the rules were 2 stroke 125 and 4 stroke 150 or something close to that. there were a few more rules for internal work but im pretty sure my bike broke all those rules, speshly when we ran on methanol and ran a compression ratio of 13:1
hehe, Id prefer motolites because of the open'ness but the bikes style I want to run seems to be in the superlite class. :/
Old 11-09-2009, 03:48 PM   #30
Ky_88
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 1998 Honda Civic CXi Hatchback
Quote:
...the bike still needs a bit of work and i would love to put the fearing on it but as it stands the bike weighs about 50kg and i weigh 50kg so its a good ratio hehe :P... But goodluck... its so much fun i hope to get back into it one of these days when i have less fear....
And more meat on your bones
Ky_88 is offline   Reply With Quote