Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Communities > International

Old 24-05-2011, 11:56 AM   #1
o.g.sk8er

Car: Mazda Pro5
Hellaflush 8 in Venice Ca

wasnt sure where to post this. hope its ok in here. lol

went to Hellaflush 8 in Venice this past sat. had a good time.
I got there just before it started to get really busy. I think it was about 7:45 and we rolled right in pretty much. after that there was a long wait in either direction. vibe seemed super cool and mellow. everyone was friendly and especially courteous when pictures were being taken.
some pics...didnt take as many as I wanted because my battery died.
did take this 1st one. lol

link to my pics
http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...cpZZ1QQtppZZ12

some people not wanting to wait for the gates to reopen lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im_E4...layer_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7cKL...layer_embedded

other pics

http://www.superstancestars.com/gatherings/hellaflush-8

enjoy!
Old 25-05-2011, 01:31 PM   #2
phly
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 97 BA Astina Hatchback
love the wheels on your car. what brand/style are they and whats the offset and stuff?
phly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2011, 01:32 PM   #3
Rupewrecht
Administrator

Car: AZ-1, Astina Hardtop Turbo, BJ Protege, Beetle
Cool pics!

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com
Sourcing your not-quite-overnight parts from Japan

WRECHT--|--SLOWTEGE--|--BEETLE--|--SUBSTITUTE--|--AZ-1

Rupewrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2011, 06:06 PM   #4
Noble323
E74A

Car: SP20
Quote:
Originally Posted by o.g.sk8er View Post
some people not wanting to wait for the gates to reopen lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im_E4...layer_embedded
Man that honda is very low - pause it at 5sec's in that video, if he did go over i bet he would have damaged under the car badly !

Noble323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2011, 06:48 PM   #5
marcs_sp20

Car: 2002 Mazda Astina SP20 2006 Mazda 6 GY Wagon
I love dubs miata, but man he is an absolute twat on mazdas247, thinking he's some elite having a low miata...

Your Pro5 looks good as always mate
Old 25-05-2011, 10:41 PM   #6
mynameisdaniel

Car: 07 Subaru Liberty GT Spec B tuned by STi
Wish we had event that big here. Found this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ReE9rqEY9M
In Aus you wouldn't go 2 days with a car like that before being defected, what are the laws over there? Is it illegal to have a car that low with wheels so much wider than stock?
Old 26-05-2011, 12:46 AM   #7
o.g.sk8er

Car: Mazda Pro5
Quote:
Originally Posted by phly View Post
love the wheels on your car. what brand/style are they and whats the offset and stuff?
thanks bro!
wheels: XXR (cheap over here 390 total for all 4)
002 model 16x8. a little heavy at 16lbs each.

suspension:
BC coilvers
GT Spec front tie bar
GT Spec 4 point ladder bar
AWR end links (noisy! lol)
MSP/MP3 rear sway bar with matching subframe
GT Spec v-brace w/reinforcement panel
GT Spec upper rear strut bar
AWR rear trailing arms
Im sure I forgot some stuff. lol

and of course the camber and toe settings, which I do myself. the alignment on these cars cars is quite easy. theres only camber, and toe to adjust, no caster. so its really not hard at all. the rear is harder to do than the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble323 View Post
Man that honda is very low - pause it at 5sec's in that video, if he did go over i bet he would have damaged under the car badly !

oh yea man he would have wrecked badly if he kept on going. lol
those guys didnt even need to sneak in like that. the gates were reopened right after that vid was taken. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcs_sp20 View Post
I love dubs miata, but man he is an absolute twat on mazdas247, thinking he's some elite having a low miata...

Your Pro5 looks good as always mate
greg is actually a pretty mellow guy in person. hes not so bad when you know him. he just like to mess with people on that board I think. lol

thanks for your kind words words marc! you'd kill me if I told you I curbed a wheel yesterday at work. so pissed about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameisdaniel View Post
Wish we had event that big here. Found this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ReE9rqEY9M
In Aus you wouldn't go 2 days with a car like that before being defected, what are the laws over there? Is it illegal to have a car that low with wheels so much wider than stock?
well you guys can start a big meet using the right advertising and such. you guys have a big car following over there, and I think it would take off big time if you get the word out there.
I have to wait to watch that vid as Im at work right now and its blocked. shhh, dont tell Im here posting! lol
yea, we have some really bad roads here, and I know some will drive out of their way to avoid them. Others just drive over and scrape, not caring at all. lol I try and go slow over bumps of course, but if I know I'm going to hold up a line of cars, I will just pull over and wait till they pass. its just safer that way. after all, Im the one blocking cars, not them. lol
We do have laws regarding lowering here, but they arent as enforced as much as emission laws and running with no front plates. lol Police were giving tickets left and right at that meet for this.
One lowering law states the side skirt area of the car cannot be lower than the sidewall/rim and the bottom park of the wheel. Hard to explain. lol
Basically, if its on the ground, you might get hassled. Also, there are so many people with wide wheels that the police would be ticketing every other car. lol Some dealers even set up cars real low with widere wheel set ups. But I have had no trouble with either (yet).

found another pic from that meet.

Last edited by o.g.sk8er; 26-05-2011 at 12:49 AM.
o.g.sk8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2011, 07:47 AM   #8
mynameisdaniel

Car: 07 Subaru Liberty GT Spec B tuned by STi
Lucky, technically the height of my front springs is considered defectable and illegal It really isn't that low, I'm happy with it but I think I could very safely go lower without endangering the car's performance etc.
Problem with a big event like that here (or even a tiny one) is that there would be a massive police presence and they'd be out to defect car left right and center. People know this and it just wouldn't be successful at all.

Here each car has a minimum height from the center of the wheel to the wheel arch which it can't exceed. And the minimum clearance for any part of the car must be at least 10cm, about 4 inches
And over an inch wider than the stock wheels is also defectable, gets used all the time as an insurance clause...
Old 27-05-2011, 12:48 AM   #9
A.E

Car: SP20 2002 yellow
We are the nanny state :sigh: I hate how anal our laws are. Ok there's low than there's stupid give us some le-way lol.

I'm pritty sure I'm pushing it in regards to hieght the front lip sits really low. But with the roads we have here i wouldn't go lower anyway.

And as for meets like that it's almost impossible. There's a place in Sydney called laparouse and up until a year or so ago it was a big meet spot every sunday night. I still remember the last big night, cops everywhere and they brought the helicopters out. The weeks following they closed everything and chased everyone out, I believe that killed the car scene in Sydney

But awesome pics man I love the look of your car.

Rupe - keeping my pockets empty since 2010 lol
A.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2011, 06:07 AM   #10
mkid

Car: BK 3 SP23
Send a message via MSN to mkid
we had similar here in the gong A.E
5-9 years ago every friday, saturday, sunday it would be full of skylines, rx7's, supras, starlet gt's, evos, vls and parking lots full of geminis lol
if you read mags like fast fours and hot fours they always state that nsw car scene is going down the drain and it will never be like it was usally referring to the gong as evidence
cops come down on them hard and its pretty much all gone now its a real shame

nice pics tho
mkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2011, 06:58 AM   #11
marcs_sp20

Car: 2002 Mazda Astina SP20 2006 Mazda 6 GY Wagon
You guys should move to qld, every thursday night its import night at a place called harrys diner in brisvegas, where a little poke is apparent on every car, same goes for the monthly jdmst meets, as long as its not stupid poke, you are basically fine
Old 24-01-2012, 05:48 PM   #12
hart3_9

Car: 03 sp20
see that red mazda 3 what wheels r they i want to get a set for my sp20 so i can hellaflush n get ride of my chrome wheels
hart3_9 is offline   Reply With Quote