Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Performance & General Maintenance

Old 09-12-2009, 06:24 PM   #101
maztech

Car: ......
Well said NaughtyGT . Decarb motors you can use cleaning products for this purpose or just run water through a vac line to break up carbon in cylinders.
maztech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 06:41 PM   #102
Cosmo Dude
コスモ

Car: Mazda '95 Astina I4, '86 B2K and '10 3 MZR-CD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaughtyGT View Post
It is not necessary imo to bag/rag other members due to there gramma. Shows your a toss. I have a degree, 2 diplomas bla bla bla, yet, my keyboard FREQUENTLY misses keys I've typed, causing me to back-track every bloody text I compose to add in the missed keys. I guess my kb is getting stuffed???
Well initially it was meant as a light hearted jibe. As I've pointed out earlier I didn't correct spelling or other grammatical misdemeanors and I hope I don't have a history of being a grammar Nazi.
7ONYD if I have offended you in any way in this thread I appologise. Everyone else I hope you can get over it.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:46 PM   #103
NaughtyGT

Car: Sooby B4 - Astina SP parting out
^^ wasn't aimed directly @ you Rod but all of us! I reckon we can all learn something from one another on any forum & it's free

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
NaughtyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:15 PM   #104
maztech

Car: ......
Hey guys i just try to help people out and learn stuff i dont know , I have worked on mazdas for to long now and know a fair bit about the product and repairs that are common and have seen alot of issues go through both the mazda workshop and our benz workshop. I dont have a degree in anything and say stuff how it is, a bit of banter can be fun at times as without this life and the forum would be boring.
maztech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:33 PM   #105
NaughtyGT

see......it's cause were bored @ times. Damn testosterone .....er.... & also cause' Tony & I are goats!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
Old 09-12-2009, 07:45 PM   #106
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

Car: 1996 BA Hatch & 2005 RX8
pfft im not offended guys, especially not by what u said cosmo, or anyone really, i get aggitated in to a argument very easily but i rearly get offended by what ppl say/do
if it seemed like iwas ofended i appologyse, everything in this forum i find in good hart and great fun
Old 16-02-2010, 07:06 AM   #107
NaughtyGT

just a word of warning if people do choose to use the 91RON crap. Use the more reputable fuel companies & avoid the cheap-ass budget stops. I read an interesting article on these cheaper companies concerning the **** they push as "fuel"?

Main prob' was this, as relayed in the article:

Notwithstanding the adequacy of running 91RON in cars obviously designed to do so efficiently, these cheaper outlets are guilty of running octane levels well below 91 and additives used? clog the fuel strainer & put red looking clay crud into the strainer (I replaced mine last week). Also not that most would pick it but all the modern cars that run it ping bad.

Perhaps I was using this fuel when I mentioned the pinging/lower performance? Maybe there is something to it after all Maybe stay clear of the sheep-shearing cheapo companies perhaps? Any views on this?

From memory, US used to run 89, possibly 87? (don't quote me) but maybe there fuels are better than ours? (not Gospel) You must also take into account they do things cheap in US. Basic wages are far less than ours for most. But, pls understand that they use ethanol (corn) we use sugar (in order to keep industry viable & starve all the people who would benefit from the vegies perhaps? (only having a dig but.....fuel/$$$$ is the important agenda. TYhis goes for the use of vege oil they flog too. Clean air = less food. Polititians are always swayed by humaneness aren't they just?)

Last edited by NaughtyGT; 16-02-2010 at 07:25 AM.
Old 16-02-2010, 01:22 PM   #108
mussing

Car: 1990 323 Astina BG SP
Yeah I only ever made the mistake of getting budget fuel once. Made my car run like a dog- it had trouble starting, made less power, had trouble idling at times, and to get rid of the water in the system I had to run a tank of e10 afterward. It didn't cause the car to ping, but that was enough regardless to convince me to never get non brand-name petrol again.

Now I stick to mobil 91RON from the same petrol station each time.
mussing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2010, 05:00 PM   #109
Clean_Cookie
obsessed-incomplete-broke

Car: BA Hardtop/Hatch
bp ultimate. 50kms MORE per tank(i.e. 400 rather than 350 or less from a 35-40L fill) than with any other 91RON (including bp- although i found the difference was substancially less)

even when i did a 250km dam/mountain run with all my tools, sub and a passenger i only used 12/100k where most time was spent in 3-5000rpm... on 91 i have managed to get over 15l/100k in the same driving with less power...

personally i will only put bp in... i even drove 10km out of the way yesterday to fill up!!
Old 06-11-2010, 01:41 PM   #110
wechosethegoodlife

Car: 93 SP Astina, Pajero
Digging up another old thread......I don't see it written anywhere here but my owners manual for the BG says minimum 95 octane for the DOHC.

Shane
wechosethegoodlife is offline   Reply With Quote