Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Performance & General Maintenance

Old 02-08-2004, 05:11 PM   #81
ezin
AstinaGT Regular

Ive only been once! and out of the three runs i got 16.217, 16.227 & 16.225 without totally thrashing it! Just drove it nicely each time, it was easy. If i take 130kg out of the car it would beat 15.450 but i just cant be stuffed doing that cause its just a lie, the car will never do that on the street in full trim so what the hells the point. U cant say to ur freinds that it does a 15.450 cause once all the stuff is back in, it wont. I think if we are going to compare times the cars must weigh the same amount. Eg Factory weight! Otherwise the time should show that the car weighed 85kg less than factory spec so people know that it was just the weight loss that made the car quicker and not the mods. And yes my tank was full to the brim with synergy.
ezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 05:50 PM   #82
ezin
AstinaGT Regular

Sorry Man! But im half pissed with u cause Ur the only one that seems to get of there butt and actually do stuff to there sp, I dissagree with what u did! Cause now the one guy i could compare my car too did something (take weight out) that most of us would never do. Its an unfair meduim. But ur more than entitled to do what u did so congrats on the time.
Old 02-08-2004, 06:26 PM   #83
twilightprotege
Driving a faster car now!

Car: Lotus ....... .
i thought i should analise a bit more my car.

tare : 1184kg (according to rego papers)
- 85kg taken out - (why are you saying 130kg??? am i missing something?)
+ 30kg of fuel (probably more - had atleast 40L in the tank)
+ sound insulation (which i forgot talk about) 10kg
+ me (fat bastard) 110kg with helmet etc

so in reality my car weighed atleast 1249kg inc me.

next run i will have the full interior in (as i'm putting stuff back in my car this week) and we'll have a real comparison.

also ezin, dont forget you are the only person to get crazy numbers stock and when the dyno day was suggested you were all in, but when it came closer to the time you disappeared.

i dont want to get into any arguments, but the above are facts.

i am happy with my time. it is the fastest recored NA protege5/sp20 known on a drag strip.
twilightprotege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 07:12 PM   #84
dfvadr

Car: ss , sp20 , 94ba
mine got 71kw on the dyno
i got an idea cum to sydney half way for both you guys an run against each other that way theres no arguements the proof will be on the clock [none off this i got stuff in my state put em on the track we will all come an cheer yopu guys on ,an i dont care who's is fastest
but i still recon until twilight gets a puter on board then retunes it hes wasting his time because the standard puter restricts the mods
- 18"ame's
- custom interior
- kenwood head unit , pioneer speakers driven by 800 watt amp , kicker subs driven by 1000 watt amps each sub [135.2db at supernats], two 1th caps 4 tv screens dvd player
- xbox
- airbag suspension with gas strut towers
- custom plates an airbrushing on bonnet
dfvadr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 07:18 PM   #85
Cosmo Dude
コスモ

Car: Mazda '95 Astina I4, '86 B2K and '10 3 MZR-CD
Quote:
Originally Posted by odd12c
mine got 71kw on the dyno
i got an idea cum to sydney half way for both you guys an run against each other that way theres no arguements the proof will be on the clock [none off this i got stuff in my state put em on the track we will all come an cheer yopu guys on ,an i dont care who's is fastest
but i still recon until twilight gets a puter on board then retunes it hes wasting his time because the standard puter restricts the mods
Back to the start. I think a dyno day in June '05 would be the next group dyno day.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:23 PM   #86
Nate
Pandaspeed Racing

Car: BG SP
Send a message via MSN to Nate
Quote:
Back to the start. I think a dyno day in June '05 would be the next group dyno day.
DYNO DAYS HAVE BEEN BANNED REMEMBER LOL!!

Life would be straight without twisties STOCK AS A ROCKET!

•motor sport is dangerous and that accidents causing harm can and do happen and may happen to me.
I accept the conditions of, and acknowledge the risks arising from, attending or participating in the event and being provided with the event services by CAMS and the Associated Entities
I THINK I AM N2!
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 07:32 PM   #87
platypus
living in the past man

Car: Subaru Outback 2.0 turbo
Send a message via MSN to platypus
yes... lets go do that thing....

go-karting
Old 02-08-2004, 08:20 PM   #88
twilightprotege

i'm still up for group dyno days. it's a good comparison between each others cars, but like i said with the canberra run i didnt take the number to heart. the numbers that matter to me is what i get on the dyno where i first went too. but like everyone said, it could be dodgy and the canberra one could be spot on...who knows. also odd12c - that was the idea of the canberra dyno day.

anyway, sydney would be good for me. driving back from canberra was a tiny bit too far for just me. i got to toowoomba, but i was farked!

but rod your right - i really need a ecu/piggyback. i'm very seriously looking at the xede (actually i think that'll be my choice), but before i do that, i definately have to get a new clutch (so i'll get a flywheel at the same time) and then my intake cam needs to be made smaller.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:28 PM   #89
ezin
AstinaGT Regular

I got the 130kg cause ive got a 40kg sub&amp in the back that i weighed + I had heaps of other crap in car(look at the list i wrote earlier). so thats how i got that figure! I only weigh 80kg so u made some back there though. My brother, who's right into drag racing looked at ur 86Mph speed and my 83mph speed and said thats got absolutly no power (Bastard). He reckons U would need a gate speed of at least 95 to get it into the 14's. I said the only way would be to change it into 4th early and give it a shot of nos cause the gear ratios r just to dam short to get any real speed up.

(I couldn't go to the dyno day cause i broke my leg, That was 3 weeks before the day and i went to SA to stay with freinds for a month, so i didn't get back until after the event. And they dont have a computer, so thats why i dissapeared)Yeah i know hahaha.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:44 AM   #90
twilightprotege

i was able to change into 4th on the run about 30m from home i guess. i backed off the throttle as soon as i passed the finish line and did that pretty much every time.

speed is calculated by averaging the time from 66ft before the finish line to 66ft after the finish line (about 20m). so backing off before the 2nd speed marker will have a big effect on your mph, but not the ET

next time i go racing i'll keep on it until the 2nd speed marker and see what happens.

ezin dont forget i'm not saying you're a liar with the power your car put out, i'm just questioning the validity of the place where you had the dyno run.
Old 05-08-2004, 03:26 PM   #91
Silencer

Send a message via MSN to Silencer
I only date young thin girls... as they make my car go faster... it is a weight reduction performance upgrade implemented NOW!
Old 05-08-2004, 05:32 PM   #92
DrSilver

Car: Astra Sri T
Send a message via MSN to DrSilver
thats sad man!
DrSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 06:58 PM   #93
Silencer

Send a message via MSN to Silencer
Its only a joke bru
Old 13-08-2004, 07:51 AM   #94
twilightprotege