Old 09-03-2013, 09:19 PM   #21
DVS
AstinaGT Regular

Car: BJII sp20
LOL This channel was closed and is no longer available
Old 09-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #22
mikey_something

Car: 1998 Toyota Supra 3.0L Twin Turbo
Was a breach of privacy anyway. He was facing legal action. Because I was bored.
mikey_something is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #23
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey_something View Post
Was a breach of privacy anyway. He was facing legal action. Because I was bored.
Breach of privacy my arse. It's in public. Once your in the open All things change no expectation of privacy. The only issue is him highlighting number plates and promoting it. Plus if he is using wheelie bin and it's NO place on his Own property. Then it's a issue.
Simple way to discripe it it. Like securty cameras mounted on your property is legal ot film As long as they COVEr your property. Can't put them face your neighbours house to see if young or old Hotties is doing what ever on back porch.

If it was privacy issue Cops beating up youg Gay men at madri gra would be illigal to film.
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:05 PM   #24
mikey_something

Car: 1998 Toyota Supra 3.0L Twin Turbo
Put a sock in it rod.
Re reading your post I don't even understand you.
"Breach of privacy my arse". You then go on to prove yourself wrong.
Derp.

It's a breach of privacy by, as you so pointed out, highlighting the number plates.
By posting a uniquely identifiable object on the Internet without that persons direct permission and waiver, then you're in a world of problems.

A hidden camera also can't be used to film a public place. Not without a visible warning that you are being filmed.

And don't even get me started on that Mardi Gras incident. I certainly hope you're not defending the man in question, because the officers were completely within their rights and acting to the letter of the law.
mikey_something is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:58 PM   #25
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
My Point being it changes the moment you do anything in public. Privacy is not expect. You have right so only SO much. That so much is you need to be notified if you are being filmed. But only up to A point.

The Main discrepency is Voice or sound. You can't do both and use it as evidence without Full concent.

The Point I have is Cameras are everywhere. Like in some places or suburbs for safety in the street. They are visible and they don't need signs. But can be used agasint you for overstaying your parking. Or if you hit the car behind you don't leave a note. No law protects you under this. The footage can be used against you.

Applied to this situation. Yes it's all illigal.
But many securty cameras have captured accidents and even if it's background footage on the street or of petrol station etc. Can all be used against you. If you are doing the wrong thing.

I carry cameras in my car. Waiting for that person who cuts me right off without correct indication. Just so I can call my Solicitor and Go - Get me My money. The evidence is legal and well that person for there sake has insurance.
I know this works as NRMA use footage from a petrol station where outside I had a guy wipe out my van. He claimed we was never there? Once it made clear - how quickly things got paid.

As for Cops I just consider it Dumb. but so are alot of the kindergarden cops we have in this state.
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:27 PM   #26
ghetto3

Car: 97 ba 1.8 323
Not driving like a d***head is a good policy for avoiding problems with those long arm fellas.
Ive been pulled over countless times and always escaped likely due to my attitude toward them. They're people too or something close anyway, they have bad days and unsubstantiated opinions and the rest.
2 minutes after driving out of rta in lismore after rego payment i was pulled over by highway patrol and he obviously had a thing against "hoons". Said it three or four times...
" Open your bonnet please, STAY IN THE CAR"
Smiled big at the fish he just landed, asked for my licence, came back from the purple patrol and just glared at me....and then threw my licence in the window and walked back to his car. You think its because my clean 18 year driving record? Hope so they (rta or roads and marine whatever)dont reward you for it any other way
ghetto3 is offline   Reply With Quote