Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > General Automotive Talk

Old 09-02-2008, 02:06 AM   #1
karamello

Car: Mazda 323 Astina BG
Send a message via MSN to karamello
Crashhhh

Ok, so i dont think im having much luck lately..

I was backing into my cousins driveway this afternoon when his neighbour decides that we wants to reverse out of his driveway at the same time...WITHOUT LOOKING

our cars end up at a 'T' with his back bumper into my front drivers side guard..

since i was already late to where i needed to go, i told him that i will get all the details i need when i get back...i know the guy so its not like hes gonna try and avoid me or anything. by the time i got back to my cousins house it was just before 12 and i thought it may be too late..but he comes home at the same time

he told me he will get everything we need for the whole insurance thing blah blah. im not all that worried because my car needed a bit of a touchup and his car is an r33 skyline.

question is, i never done the insurance thing before and wanted to know how it all works. now i dont have insurance but i know that his insurance will cover my damage coz its his fault. but what happens next? does his insurance company contact me and tell me where to take my car to get it repaired or do i have to go and get a quote and give it to him?

any help guys coz im clueless on this matter
karamello is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2008, 12:19 PM   #2
oiisxc

Car: 323 Astina
well i had an accident bout this time last year and its not a happy time, but i had insurance and so did the other guy but it was the other guys fault we exchanged deatails and i rang up my insurance stright away told them everything and gave them the blokes details also,

then my insurance rang up the bloke and got his side of the story to see who was at fault,
i was in the clear after all that then i didnt have to pay for anything no excess or nothing which was a good thing cause i was 19 at the time would of costed me a **** load.

Then i took the car to my insurance centre where they examined the car's damage and then got too choose my own smash repairer, and just took the car there and just let them do the rest, at the time i had my commodore,

im not 100% sure on this but i think you have to insurance too other wise they dont fix your car even if its not your fault,

wonder if anyone else here can give you a clearer answer cause im not 100% sure,
oiisxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 12:48 PM   #3
mill_mobile

Car: 98 BJ
Send a message via MSN to mill_mobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by oiisxc View Post

im not 100% sure on this but i think you have to insurance too other wise they dont fix your car even if its not your fault,

wonder if anyone else here can give you a clearer answer cause im not 100% sure,
If its not your fault, and you dont have insurance, and the person in fault does then your car will be fixed under their policy.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:51 PM   #4
karamello

thats what i thought...u gave me a bit of a scare oiisxc
Old 09-02-2008, 01:38 PM   #5
oiisxc

Car: 323 Astina
sorry but i just fought u needed it cause insurance gotta speak to the guy who's fault it was i guess there is other ways around it also,
oiisxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:53 PM   #6
mill_mobile

Car: 98 BJ
Send a message via MSN to mill_mobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by oiisxc View Post
sorry but i just fought u needed it cause insurance gotta speak to the guy who's fault it was i guess there is other ways around it also,
Nah, if they tell their insurance that its their fault then thats enough... they just go get their quotes and that then get the work done.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:18 PM   #7
bourbon
The Hairy Mod

Car: MINI Cooper S 2003
if its not your fault the other person has to sort it out...his insurance company will tell you what to doo...
bourbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:24 AM   #8
mrpayner

Car: 2013 Mazda 6 GT Sedan - Soul Red
not necessarily.. a lady nudged me from behind one day in the astina, i made the call to my insurance explaining what happened. I didn't have to pay a cent and they did the rest.. All they said to me was take it to your preferred repairer and give us the quote.

Just be careful though, if the other guy wants to take care of it all, he might be passing the blame onto you and he'll get away with it scott free..

Something to consider!

2013 Mazda6 Diesel GT ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[Formerly] 2004 Mazda6 Luxury Sport
mrpayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:01 AM   #9
Cincinnatus
Nate Dog

Car: Dah!
you need to get all his details, including whom her is insured with, a statement signed by him admiting responsibility will def help. Contact his insurer and explain to them what happened, they'll ask u to fax them copies of all pertinent documents, they'll outline what they need, and they'll instruct u what to do from then on.

Seeing as u don't have insurance, you'll be doing a bit of leg work.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:39 PM   #10
karamello

i dont think he will get away scott free coz i have my whole extended family as witnesses..

thanks cinncinatus..great advice
Old 12-02-2008, 12:38 PM   #11
skippy
Resident Dissident

Car: Alfa 156 TS
I'd just ask to speak to his insurer after he has spoken to them, maybe see if you can speak to the same person.

only real concern would be him saying its you fault but if it 100% is his fault and he knows that I doubt he is going to try and screw over his neighbours mates.
skippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 07:37 PM   #12
MrShadow
Senior Time-waster

Car: 2005 SP23 Hatch
Send a message via MSN to MrShadow
Heh, timely advise. I just ran up the arse of someone today... Not frickin happy jan! Luckily it was mostly cosmetic though her boot now won't release sometimes. Still, I get a new front bar with no dried up dead bugs on it and no points of my NCB. That's gotta be a bonus!

Confuscias say "man who go to sleep with itchy bottom, wake up with smelly finger"
MrShadow is offline   Reply With Quote