Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > Mazda Specific Talk

Old 02-10-2008, 12:34 AM   #41
mussing

Car: 1990 323 Astina BG SP
Lamborghini doors on a non-lambo car = wanker. Even on show cars they just make me laugh.
mussing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:05 AM   #42
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

Car: 1996 BA Hatch & 2005 RX8
i like lambo doors. especially on a 300C
Old 02-10-2008, 09:44 AM   #43
Moons

Car: 1991 Mazda 323 Astina BG
Send a message via MSN to Moons
i think the BG would look good if the back doors were removed and the front ones extended a bit.
I never use my back seat at all anyway, just take it out.
what i was thinking was turning the back into a two seater, make an arm rest in the middle all padded but with speakers built in.
I've already helped Dhee design his speakers for 5000w max, i'm only runnin 2500w max atm but i will get mine up to 5000 also. Never know one day you may see our cars shown together.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:02 AM   #44
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

Car: 1996 BA Hatch & 2005 RX8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moons View Post
i think the BG would look good if the back doors were removed and the front ones extended a bit.
I never use my back seat at all anyway, just take it out.
what i was thinking was turning the back into a two seater, make an arm rest in the middle all padded but with speakers built in.
I've already helped Dhee design his speakers for 5000w max, i'm only runnin 2500w max atm but i will get mine up to 5000 also. Never know one day you may see our cars shown together.
ye i nearly never use my back seats either. LOL my mates didnt even notice that i had back doors, untill i picked a few of em up one day n the one in the front seat actually got out n moved the seat forward so they can get in... half way in i told the other guy to come around n use the door lol if i had money id definately weld the back doors shut n throw a sound sistem in the back seat n leave the boot to be just that a boot
Old 22-10-2008, 10:40 AM   #45
Moons

I am now runnin 4580 watts of a sound system!, 5000 soon.
I got 4th in the sound system cat at the show here. i got 2nd for sound output, 2nd for clarity, ummm...dead last with lots of negative points for looks, i had an amp and 2 10" subs just layin in the boot in foam, i just got them. Biggest news of all, THE ASTINA GOT 1ST FOR SEX SPEC!!! all da girls love the shape and mine looks stock but the sound output is good. Go the sexy hatch with pop ups.
Old 23-10-2008, 11:59 AM   #46
Moons

Tip: don't spend an entire day fiber glassin up panels, it hurts ur head.
Now seriously considering taking out the back seats, the only time i have ppl in the back is dropping them off or pickin them up from the pub. if i remove the rear seats should i shave in and close off the rear doors?
or should i add in a center consol in between the seat so it's a 2 seater in the back but with a nice padded and sub enclosure arm rest?
or ppl got some other ideas?
and don't say, engine in the front, engine in the rear and engine in the middle :P
Old 23-10-2008, 09:08 PM   #47
dru
AstinaGT Regular

Car: Mazda Astina BG SP
Send a message via MSN to dru
If you want to make an awesome astina. I reckon you should remove the bp engine all together, strip the whole thing. Convert the car to rwd, add the legendary 13B-REW, add a cage, bride seats, suede interior, set of mazdaspeed rims, black all over....mmm that would be an awesome astina.

Probably set you back the price of a RX7 series 8 + more though lol
Old 24-10-2008, 11:06 AM   #48
Moons

well im lookin at gettin a gtr engine and fully workin it over, forged everything, custom turbo. minimum $10k on the engine, i love 4 cyl front wheel drives, when u know how to use them they can be a formidible car.
The next car i will work on is hopefully the abandoned rotary project i had a while ago, if i find another astina i want to build it for the track and have it a front wheel drive rotary, that would be awsome, rotary's are know for high rev low torque, which is what u want on the front wheels, just a matter of fitting the engine in.
Back to the current project tho, i still have to get the gtr engine and work it all up, dunno if i want to bore it out to a 1.9 because then they go over it with a fine tooth comb at the pits because it's bigger engine.
WA is anoying for going over the pits. i still have to find out if it has to go over the pits because it will be going from the 1.8 SOHC to the turbo gtr, i know i'll have to get the mechanical engineer's cert, but not sure if it will be a pit job. Cert= easy, Pit= hard, try finding one out in the middle of the bush.
Old 24-10-2008, 01:06 PM   #49
mpsgarage

Car: mps6 2 rx2's 323 & a list of bikes
You say your doing all this work, 10k That's a good turbo,head work,rods & pistons. What about the rest.
and then you need
flywheel/clutch
gearbox/drives
Brakes
with all that money you could go buy a MPS3
mpsgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2008, 11:01 PM   #50
Moons

being stuck in the middle of the bush workin on the mines payes good enough. even more for workin with radiation. more work will be why i've said minimum $10k, no point puttin a max price on it. i could have got a newer car or something else but i liked the look of the bg, i think it's worth doing some work to it, as im sure most ppl on these boards would agree. love ur car and mod it.
question?
has any1 shaved the doors on a bg b4? got rid of those strips?
also any1 wanna share there view of what piston and rods i should get?
Old 27-10-2008, 11:55 PM   #51
mpsgarage

Car: mps6 2 rx2's 323 & a list of bikes
What amount of power are you after
How much boost
Which head are you going to use
Are you thinking of a bolt on kit or full custom
Too many choices of brands, Are you building it/your you have an engine builder
mpsgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2008, 10:12 AM   #52
Moons

i will get an engine builder to do it. i'll probably just get nearly everything custom done. I've never actually worked on a turbo engine, raced turbo's and scharge but i normally prefer NA. mostly worked on chev v8's don't hate me! i love my 4 cyls tho.
Power = i would love over 300 ponies but don't think i'll get there really, i more want a really strong engine that can take a trashing.
Boost = a good safe amount that i can push up for hard driving
what i would love is the BOV that can switch between 100% plumback, 50/50 for normal street, and 100% vent to atmo for the noise. Combined with the 3 stage remote volume control exhaust.
Well on my way to saving up for new engine, i got $6000 this fortnight so i'll save half for the engine. Yay!
Boot build is on it's way to being finished, will post pics soon, just gotta sand back the bog on the side enclosures, then i gotta build the center sub and amp box.
Old 29-10-2008, 10:53 AM   #53
Moons

a pic of my boot with the bare skeletons, still layers of glass and bog to go down to smooth it all off. will post it up in my profile page. this computer is tempermental and doesn't wanna do it here.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:11 AM   #54
Moons

New king low springs, kyb g series shocks, and whiteline heavy duty strut bar all for under $1000, gotta love small towns where u know ppl and can get good deals.
i get them in a week, then in 2 weeks time i should get a week holiday in Perth, then i can get some rims, probably get 16" or 17", i like having some tire on the road, any1 got some sujestions for good simple lookin rims