Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Communities > Australia Wide

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 09:17 PM   #61
chicaboo

Car: Touge monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdamanik
im just pissed about wat twighlight said....after all his ranting about teams and club spirit....he then rips members of the club off for no reason at all....great team spirit when everyone fights with eachother
Jono's not a saint, he pokes the nest plenty enough to warrant those responses, don't be shy, you know this. Twilight's post was deleted but the content is still quoted and can be read for those who want to compare insults...

In any case, Andew's post was much more controlled and less personal, add to that he didn't say anything unfactual - parents, grandparents? whatever... If you weren't a friend of Jonothon's you could see that. But I think the parent or grandparent comments should stay off limits, as not everyone knows who's still around, savvy???

End of my rant, I'd rather not feel like smashing the living **** out of some young smartarse when I go on a cruise. So I think it's time for everyone to take a step back and pull their heads in. As is the case for me, I don't even look at the threads on cruises that I'm not attending, this is probably a good time for some to adapt this train of thought I'd suggest...

Gav.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:34 PM   #62
pr1mo
I MUST STOP MAKING STUPID POSTS! Yet I keep on making them. And I wonder why I get banned?

Car: auto
woah just stumbled on this one.....backs away slowly.....
Old 08-12-2005, 09:35 PM   #63
mazdamanik

Car: Was an Astina now a Commohore :-(
Send a message via MSN to mazdamanik
wat u trying to save gav that i shouldnt talk in here cause i not going just kidding man, i know jonno is no saint and im not saying wat he said was rigt either i just hate it when people assume that they ahve rich parents and they buy everything for them when....like in jonno's case his family ahd to pass away or they work tehre arse off for what they get, im not trying to make enemies here and i can see where everyone is cummin from, but like u say the parents thing shouldnt be said

as for smashing the **** outa someone....theres no need for violence i think everyone needs to kool it...hell the same thing happened when i tried to organise t-shirts for everyone and thats gone well since everyone started bitchin....oh well **** happens i spose, not everyone can get along all the time but no need for personal attacks from anyone i thnk....and violence certainly wont help

BTW: im not being shy i was being mature about the hole thing....unlike some people on this site that seem to have hte reasoning ability of a primary kid
Old 08-12-2005, 10:32 PM   #64
twilightprotege
Driving a faster car now!

Car: Lotus ....... .
for the record, i deleted my own posts. mods can see the reasons i left for their deletion
Old 08-12-2005, 10:33 PM   #65
arden

Car: Suby
So., if this cruise goes ahead and its down south. who else is planning to go???
Im in.

P.S i hate to say this but this forum has been going downhill for the past few months..the constant bitching..and its mainly due to the same people..im getting sick of it. The past 2 Ozzie day cruises have been great and i certainly hope the upcoming one is going to be same.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:47 PM   #66
mazdamanik

might i just add that i think the last 2 cruises might have been a success because of the person running them
Old 08-12-2005, 10:48 PM   #67
mazdamanik

not to discredet the effort frog is putting in though im sure it will be a fine cruz
Old 08-12-2005, 10:59 PM   #68
arden

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdamanik
might i just add that i think the last 2 cruises might have been a success because of the person running them
Agreed mate.
Takes a lot of time and effort!
Old 08-12-2005, 11:23 PM   #69
CHiMPY
mew?

Car: one with 4 wheels...
Send a message via ICQ to CHiMPY
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicaboo
The 2007 AGT anual cruise should be in QLD
Its a date

"Verily, thou shalt not take unto thine heart any words spoken by the Luser, for I say unto thee, their mouths spout naught but excrement."
Old 09-12-2005, 12:00 AM   #70
Nate
Pandaspeed Racing

Car: BG SP
Send a message via MSN to Nate
for the bazillionth time ... im in!!!

Life would be straight without twisties STOCK AS A ROCKET!

•motor sport is dangerous and that accidents causing harm can and do happen and may happen to me.
I accept the conditions of, and acknowledge the risks arising from, attending or participating in the event and being provided with the event services by CAMS and the Associated Entities
I THINK I AM N2!
Old 09-12-2005, 12:11 AM   #71
Red Frog

Car: My feet :p
well as long as the "bitchin'" disperses, i am MORE than happy to continue organising this cruise. and i aim to make this even better than the last 2 cruises organised by my predecessors james and arden there's always room to improve on anything, regardless - muhaha thou, i make no promises AND the success of those 2 cruises was reached due to the support of the AGT community. it is YOUR committment to this club that makes a cruise as good as it can be.

arden u MUST come! it's down ur end of the town anyways mazdamanik, plz don't be put off by what issues other members have. u had a lot of valid points that i agreed with, but it would be sad that u'd turn down the cruise bcos of a disagreement of a friend. i hope u change ur mind and u can attend the cruise

guys, really, if u want to sabotage this cruise then keep complaining, keep ranting and keep disagreeing - u'll just keep turning ppl away. if u want to attend a cruise where we're all having fun, and it can be one to put down in the books, then PLEASE lets move on, forget about the previous situation, and start getting some interest in who's going and finalising details. we can't organise this without your support.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:13 AM   #72
Red Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate
for the bazillionth time ... im in!!!
but u have no choice u have to come! just j/k
Old 09-12-2005, 08:21 AM   #73
tidy protege

Car: wrx
Send a message via MSN to tidy protege
All the best with the cruise guys, make sure you post lots of pictures as it saddens me that i wont be there with you guys. A big round of applause to red frog, having being involved with organising 2 reasonable sized cruises this year i can appreciate the sort of work that goes into making a great day. Aus day this year we got 28 cars, so it would be good to hear that you guys get 30+ this year.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:12 PM   #74
skippy
Resident Dissident

Car: Alfa 156 TS
Kick arse its Saturday, shall be there

I shall be at thornleigh maccas whenever red frog tells me to be, with a full tank of optimax some selected CDs and a bottle of powerade. and possibly a co-pilot if I can swing her round but if not place is open for any taker,

Who thinks a BBQ is not a bad idea for lunch?
Has its problems ie time to set up and shall be a busy day, but if we walk into some place with a heap of people getting food will take a while. Just an idea.

And come along people last years was a great day, can’t remember exactly where I went but I can clearly recall pulling into some servo with a massive car park bnehind and seeing (what I am told was) 28 mazdas all lined up.

If you haven't been to a cruise yet this is the one!!!!!!
Old 09-12-2005, 01:29 PM   #75
chicaboo

Car: Touge monster
That was the northbound Caltex twin servo between Newcastle and Gosford I think? That was a great meeting point for that cruise, as there was heaps of room and we were well away from the public and the servo itself.

Has anyone give thought to the amount of highway time with red and green Ps?
Old 09-12-2005, 05:19 PM   #76
arden

After the meetup at thornleigh which roads would we be taking?????
is there gonna be another meetup point?
Old 09-12-2005, 06:53 PM   #77
Critter

Car: SP20
I am there! Whatever and wherever and whenever.
Adjustable lowered suspension with monster brakes
Old 10-12-2005, 03:04 PM   #78
Red Frog

Skippy: the northerner's can meet at thornleigh maccas if this is convenient, but this can obv be organised at a later date. now the idea of a BBQ sounds great. this is definitely in the pipeline, but i'm going to look into a more easier option too. last yr i think was the irish place in the hunter (is that rite?) and the year before was at the restaurant on the foreshore at newy. so it's still an option to get a proper lunch. but i do have contacts in the meat business lol will have to find a place with bbqs, and that has enuff parking, so we'll see.

gav: highway time shouldn't be much of an issue. if u're talking about the hume, this will be after the cruise, on ppls ways home. but yes after wollongong there is speed limits above 90. hopefully everyone will have a CB radio or at least a map. i'm thinking we'll have lunch before berrima, and berrima will be a place we head after lunch for photos. this obv could easily change b4 then. i mean we're still looking at 6 weeks away + i've got to get down there at some stage and suss out the route to take, etc.

arden: as per above. i don't know what roads we'll take from thornleigh and yes there will def be another meet up area. i was thinking of a park/oval near engadine. i think nate knows it, but i will look into this later on or even the maccas in wollongong we met at for the kiama cruise.

chris: great to hear u'll be able to attend!!

actually does anyone have any suggestions of the main meet up area if we're taking the princes hwy to wollongong? or a suggestion from ppl who live down that way, where a good lunch spot may be? of course i'm looking into this. i want to attempt to find a good place that will make everyone happy
Old 10-12-2005, 03:13 PM   #79
Red Frog

also guys, here's the link of the tentative route to berrima from homebush. not too sure how to get across the city, but this is the way i usually go to the princes hwy, down king georges rd and across tom ugly's bridge. yes i know it's quite a hike, and we're bound not to be able to stick together bcos of traffic lights and so on, but it's not a big issue. we've done it before. but i'd say for the ppl down south or west to have their own meeting place, then we'll have a final meeting place at like i said engadine where we then can cruise to wollongong, and pick up the gong ppl along the way. was thinking ppl from main parts of syd can meet at P6 carpark at Homebush and head from there, and we'll give u a shout when we're about to come thru so we can meetup on the highway.

http://www.nowwhereroute.com/travelm...wn2=wollongong

but no stress guys!! this will be all planned out for the date. i'm throwing around ideas atm, so we can nut out any problems we may have

Last edited by Red Frog; 10-12-2005 at 03:42 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:28 PM   #80
Nate
Pandaspeed Racing

Car: BG SP
Send a message via MSN to Nate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Frog
i was thinking of a park/oval near engadine. i think nate knows it, but i will look into this later on or even the maccas in wollongong we met at for the kiama cruise.
best bet would be the BP on the highway just to the south of engadine, or just past that there is a set of shops on the left with a big carpark. i remember back in there day there was a resturant there called the black stump or something like that but it has probably well and truely changed now

ill be staying in the 'dine so i'd probably meet you all there i guess

Life would be straight without twisties STOCK AS A ROCKET!

•motor sport is dangerous and that accidents causing harm can and do happen and may happen to me.
I accept the conditions of, and acknowledge the risks arising from, attending or participating in the event and being provided with the event services by CAMS and the Associated Entities
I THINK I AM N2!
Closed Thread