Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Classifieds > For Sale/Wanted

Old 28-02-2009, 02:30 AM   #1
RalMiska

Car: N/A
Thumbs up FS: [WA] 1994 BA11F1 V6 Astina (Manual)

Hello there,

I've been lurking on this forum for a while, not really posting much. I've had my Astina for about a year now. I've been wanting to put some work in to it since then, but finances have been tight, and after losing my job due to the recession, it is sadly time to let go, as I've got some debts to pay off.

As the title of this post suggests, the car in question is a White 1994 Mazda BA11F1 Astina. The engine is a 2.0L DOHC V6 (KF). It's got a few k's on it (A touch over 220,000), but is in good working order. Doesn't burn or leak oil. Had a history of cooling problems, as are common with the BA Astinas, but they're sorted now, as over the last six months or so, it's had the radiator, and every coolant hose under the bonnet replaced. All in all, it's been very reliable - Never left me stranded.

The only mechanical problem that I'm aware of at the moment is a clutch bearing, which occasionally causes the pedal to stick. It doesn't happen too often (Maybe once every 4th or 5th drive), and tends to sort itself out if you give the pedal a bit of a kick.

The chassis and subframe are in good condition. Paintwork is not faded, although there are a few stone chips here and there. No rust at all.
The front bumper is slightly damaged from bug impacts, and the rear bumper has a dent which was made by someone who hit me in a parking lot, and didn't leave a note That said, it's barely noticeable.

The interior is mostly in very good condition, and has been well looked after. The only issues are a tear in the driver's side seat fabric, which was caused by the strap on a seat cover from the previous owner, and some sun damage to the steering wheel. The leather around the gear stick also has a tear in it.
The air-con does need re-gassing, but since we're at the end of Summer now, that shouldn't be too much of a problem. All gauges on the dash work, although for some reason, the button on the driver's side will only make the passenger window go up (You have to lean over and use the button on the passenger door to put the window down).

It's got stock suspension, but being a BA series, it's much stiffer than the BJ. You'll have to take speed bumps slowly, but coupled with a $1000 set of tyres, it makes up for that in the corners.

It's got a nice stainless steel cat-back sports exhaust from Mettam's, with a brilliant note, and a sensible tip (No rice cannon). Everyone who's heard it agrees that it's one of the most fantastic sounding cars they've heard.
The stock stereo system has been replaced with a pioneer setup, and I'll throw in the stock equipment for free if you like.

All up, including stereo, I'm looking for $5500. That's quite a bit cheaper than the Red Book value for the car, but to be fair, it hasn't had a service in a while. Although this is the case, I have done a bit of maintenance work on it myself, and it also hasn't been getting driven more than about once a week for the last few months.

So! Whether you're after a reliable daily driver, or a potential project car (150kW KL engine practically bolts straight in!), you can't go wrong with this.
If you're interested, send an email to drew AT garlicvine DOT com, and we can discuss it further.

Also, if I get enough interest, I'll post some photos up here, too.

Cheers!
RalMiska is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links