Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Forced Induction & Engine Conversions

Old 10-08-2008, 08:06 PM   #1
KJ+BPT

Car: KJ2
BPT into a 96 kj laser or (ba) i think

As above

I am putting a bpt into a 96 kj laser 1.6l ( BA) i have a halfcut well it was i have stipped it and getting ready to put everything in to the laser i have a couple of questions and hopeing someone can help.

with the wiring i need to know what changes have to be made?

i am useing the f series box for now the half cut was a familia gxt 4wd can i use the clutch or is it to big i know i have to change the fly wheel to suit gearbox ie: use 1.6l one but can i use the clutch?

and lastly what mounts do i use do i use the b6 one or bpt?

any help would be really good
KJ+BPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2008, 09:39 PM   #2
project.r.racing

Car: n/a
You are aware that the f series box will last 6 weeks to 6 months?
Clutch/flywheel answer = just use the f series clutch and flywheel, just get a heavy duty clutch.

You will need to get all new engine and gearbox mounts from a BA Astina or a KJ Laser that was fitted with the BP/1.8L engine and f series gearbox. All will be useless except maybe the drivers side one.

Ryan
project.r.racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 04:24 PM   #3
KJ+BPT

Car: KJ2
yeah mate aware of that, the motor is stock at the moment and not go to drive it to hard till i get the gearbox done.so just to confirm i have to use all thoes mounts from a ba or kj with 1.8 & f serise ( all the other ones i have off B6D and BPT will be useless to me?)

thanks for that info very helpfull mate. have you any ideas about the wiring side of things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by project.r.racing View Post
You are aware that the f series box will last 6 weeks to 6 months?
Clutch/flywheel answer = just use the f series clutch and flywheel, just get a heavy duty clutch.

You will need to get all new engine and gearbox mounts from a BA Astina or a KJ Laser that was fitted with the BP/1.8L engine and f series gearbox. All will be useless except maybe the drivers side one.

Ryan
KJ+BPT is offline   Reply With Quote