Work done to car
New bushes
Rebuilt calipers
New battery (36month warranty)
New timing belt
Rebuilt head with new valves

About it.

Other details

Car is in exceptionally good driving condition. Starts every times, goes everywhere, never let me down. Body is in 99% excellent condition. (Minor scratches etc. Paintwork is shiny with no fade etc. Car comes with steel wheels. Mechanically standard. Running max 10psi boost. Car has lots of get up and boogie when you want it to. Its very responsive to boost. Interior is in excellent condition. Has 6/9's on custom mounts on parcel shelf. Tyres are in good condition. GTR gearbox in exceptionally good condition > no whining or crunches etc. Has redline shockproof oil. Engine oil changed every 2000-3000kms. recent service done.

Power windows
power side mirrors
Fold up side mirrors
Air con
power steer

Car has central locking, but disabled. Just so you know, the timing belt was installed at the 197*** mark. Car has now 203*** kms. So you see, its going to be a very long time before the belt will need replacing.

Things to look at
Gas struts on boot lid dont hold up
Turbo using oil
Minor rocker cover gasket leak
Minor oil leak near compressor cover
Water thermo fan operated by incabin switch.
Reverse lights dont work

Thats all i can think of.

Car is my everyday car, it idles, drives and boosts like factory. Loosing oil very slowly.

NIL blowby
NIL coolant lose
NIL smoke when driving

Compression test of 170psi per cylinder.

If oil level is at max on monday morning, it will be between half way and 3/4 on thursday as an example. its not like if you drive around the block the oil is gone etc. I have pointed out all the pros and cons of the car to the best of my ability.Any test welcome if you dont believe I can guarantee that you wont be dissapointed.

Engineered 88db exhuast system by RTA APPROVED ENGINEER
Engineered also for 205/17/ZR40 wheels ansd tyres. (Not included with car)
Engineered standard 323 seats, as the car came with recaros from overseas.

PICS tell a thousand words

http://img509.imageshack.us/gal.php?...14312large.jpg
http://img509.imageshack.us/gal.php?...14312large.jpg
http://img36.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=ebay1.jpg

Registration to MARCH 2010.

This IMPORT GTX is very reliable and fast. This is for a bargain sale. My loss your gain. Inspections welcome

$6500 ono

Western Sydney
PM me or at
Mazqik@y7mail.com

No stupid offers
NO swaps

PS: In the next coming days, i may install a complete GTR turbo setup with intercooler system, i will see.

There is a few GTX's on carsales being offered for sale within $9000 to $10,000 price range. As you can see, i have a car to be sold for well under value. there is no hidden catch. I just need funds for something else so the car is not a priority atm. If this was a greedy person, i'd ask for top $$$$ for this car, but i'm not, this is for a no nonsense sale.

Last edited by MazdaFamiliaGTX; 01-12-2009 at 09:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2009, 08:25 PM   #2
MazdaFamiliaGTX
Banned

Car: Mazda familia gtx
here is a video, check the rest out >
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GI7hQK4tSA
Old 01-12-2009, 09:37 PM   #3
NaughtyGT

Car: Sooby B4 - Astina SP parting out
no insult intended but, you are on a forum so best cut the marketing technique.......2 things.
a) Turbo sounds roo ted
b) engine is kinda using alot of oil & with > 200k's on it, sounds like oil rings to me unless it's blowing blue smoke (turbo seals)

These go for $6500 by the way on EBay quite often with far more mods &...........a good gearbox!

Whilst I wish you all the best on sale of your car as it's an awesome car no matter what, price is not a bargain unless you do leave 17" wheels on & replace the turbo & perhaps the modded IC?

Again, this is a forum not a sales yard buddy.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix

Last edited by NaughtyGT; 01-12-2009 at 10:00 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:46 PM   #4
chicaboo

Car: Touge monster
Hey Roger,

Since you've been having trouble selling this, why not fix the last few gremlins? It'd make sense given all the other money that had been spent on the items that were fixed prior. Do those few things, and throw the wheels in, and you might be able to fetch the $9k you say these other cars go for. Just a suggestion for what looks like a nice car...

Good luck,
Gav.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:52 PM   #5
maztech

Car: ......
You selling your car or boosting your ego , so is the car only driven like that on sundays or do you always drive like that . You are the sort of person who gives car mad peolpe who modify there car a bad name in the eye of the public . Pull your head in and drive sensible on the roads leave that sort of driving to a race track.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:52 PM   #6
MazdaFamiliaGTX
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADMIXY View Post
no insult intended but, you are on a forum so best cut the marketing technique.......2 things.
a) Turbo sounds roo ted
b) engine is kinda using alot of oil & with > 200k's on it, sounds like oil rings to me unless it's blowing blue smoke (turbo seals)

These go for $6500 by the way on EBay quite often with far more mods &...........a good gearbox!

Whilst I wish you all the best on sale of your car as it's an awesome car no matter what, price is not a bargain unless you do leave 17" wheels on & replace the turbo & perhaps the modded IC?

Again, this is a forum not a sales yard buddy.
1st of all, this is in a for sale section.

A: Turbo is not rooted as you say, cos rooted is equivalent to blown, excessive clearance, blowing smoke, seized, damaged.

B: You cant have damaged oil rings without having the initial top and second rings damaged. This pistons are as they came from factory. so having said this, the oil rings on pistons are least to worry about.

The turbo on the car is in 100% boosting order with no smoke, but it does have an oil leak and its using oil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADMIXY View Post
This GTX has a GTR gearbox, in exceptionally good condition. You cannot get any better than that.

Last edited by MazdaFamiliaGTX; 02-12-2009 at 12:08 AM.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:13 AM   #7
-dc-

Car: BA Hatch
Geez the above rant really makes members here want to buy you car! some how i think you have just killed your chances of selling the car on this forum and most probably and credibility you did have on this forum.

Unfortunately for you im sure that there are quite a few Astina's around this forum that could blow away this essentially stock gtx which by the sounds of it has its problems and isnt running 100%

howcome you edited out the bit about saying that BADMIXY is on crack and your gtx being able to smoke his astina? btw he actually has a mx5 and has previously owned gtx's so im pretty sure he knows what he's on about.

goodluck with the sale..

MORE PARTS FOR SALE!!! Have a look!!
CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT!!

Last edited by -dc-; 02-12-2009 at 12:15 AM.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:08 AM   #8
NaughtyGT

excuse me?.......did you say “you cannot have buggered oil rings without compression rings gone as well??????" Well, there goes your mechanical credibility dude! I just pulled down a GTX engine that had EXACTLY that problem. Do you want to come see the block?

MazdaFamiliaGTX.......this is a forum & occassionally guys like you show up to flog they're wares. Nothing wrong with trying to sell a car here or anywhere else. BUT, for all our diggings @ each other & squabbles we may have now & then, this is still a group of members looking out for each other.

I know your car as does a few of us on this forum & other forums too (some of us are on other forums as well).

These cars in relatively stock conditon are worth good money (not 9-10 grand though) Show me one that sells for near this & I'll stand corrected!

You are trying to make this out as a special version which it is not imo. Also, you bag the B6T's just to get your point accross. THIS is why you can't sell this car. Your bull**** marketing techniques.

Some of us know & have worked on turbo cars for years.

Just tell peope what you have & let them decide.

Again, I'm sure this is a v-good car. Said that originally. You don't need to tell people though that "these cars go for xxx & xxx amount....etc...etc..." Just let people know the pros & cons & let them decide

P.S. now Roger, are you sure the turbo isn't nackered?!?

Cheers!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix

Last edited by NaughtyGT; 02-12-2009 at 09:00 AM.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:02 AM   #9
MazdaFamiliaGTX
Banned

I'm so undecided what to do atm cos i can get me a complete GTR engine, but the thing is, its not like i need another engine any time soon, its not like this engine is running on 2 ylinders or anything. Sure i could get the GTR engine and have its bigger turbo setup is what i really want only.

Just to let potential buyers know, you could drive this car to perth and back but just check the oil level at every 800kms or so.

I can right now buy a complete GTR engine or just buy a complete GTR turbo setup with intercooler package complete, i'll see.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:08 AM   #10
NaughtyGT

try selling it on bargainNOT.com.au Rog! That's the way. Or you could try Zaven over @ fl.com?

Old 02-12-2009, 09:08 AM   #11
familiagtx

Car: Mazda BJ SP20 Turbocharged
Talking

roger,

why bother with a gtr conversion.

the cordia dash engine sounds like a better option. 2l is bigger than 1.8l
Old 02-12-2009, 09:17 AM   #12
chicaboo

Roger,

Just buy this guys engine, then the car should be mint by all accounts:
http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15728

Cheers, Gav.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:57 AM   #13
scott b

Car: 2003 Subaru Impreza RS
Send a message via MSN to scott b
wait, is this "roger cordia"?

Click to go to my Readers Ride

^ Nothing like that anymore :P ^
Old 02-12-2009, 10:02 AM   #14
chicaboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott b View Post
wait, is this "roger cordia"?
Yes.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:25 AM   #15
scott b

Car: 2003 Subaru Impreza RS
Send a message via MSN to scott b
i now understand the comments more,

Click to go to my Readers Ride

^ Nothing like that anymore :P ^
Old 02-12-2009, 10:41 AM   #16
NaughtyGT

Even before I knew it was him, I still smelt a rat..........I am well learned in sales/marketing techniques. That's all this is!

Old 02-12-2009, 12:43 PM   #17
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

Car: 1996 BA Hatch & 2005 RX8
what is a rodger cordia (i am well aware of what i said, i dont give it the credibility of human) and since when is the GTR gearbox diff to the GTX???
Old 02-12-2009, 12:45 PM   #18
chicaboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70NYD View Post
since when is the GTR gearbox diff to the GTX???
They are the same.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:56 PM   #19
MazdaFamiliaGTX
Banned

This is a bargain of a lifetime.

Every TX3, astina, BF owner dreams of the GTX power. as they fit the BPT in thier cars. Instead of buying a engine only, why not buy the REAL thing for a bargain price. nearly every modified TX3 laser has a mazda BPT, this is fact people.

Buy now and i'll throw in a full tank of petrol.

Another thing: For those that dont know, this import has an obvious jap spec ecu. What this means is that its factory set for 100 octane fuel. So afterall you dont have to get a aftermarket ecu as the ecu is tuned for the best fuel out. This ecu is better than the GTR spec ecu.

Forget about aftermarket computers and hundreds of dollars worth of tuning.

PS: Why would a person go to the extreme of spending big dollars on getting the cylinder head rebuilt with new valves and timing belt with a dud bottom end. So you see, this bottom end is compression tested perfect, 170psi per cylinder, is NOT using water, and not oil, but looks like the turbo is using oil, slowely. This car is driven everday and is 100% reliable.

Serious buyers needed only for a bargain sale.

Last edited by MazdaFamiliaGTX; 02-12-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:13 PM   #20
NaughtyGT

4WD boxes Roger, are weak. There was in fact a GTR box but how much better? Stop with your silly statements & offers. You are sounding very silly mate! Again, no offense said or meant just clear observation. Sell your car don't fill the thread with sillyness

Here's one $2k, now! Who knows, it may beat the GT after all guys?

Roger the GTX I had put through alot more kws than this car of yours does & yes had Mt8 EMS, proted head & all the gear. So, pls stop with the antics your making me laugh so much I can't hold down my lunch

I am trying to save you the severe embarassment that is awaiting you if you continue with your sales pitch............pls someone else jump in

P.S. My GT weighs approx 140kgs less than your BG..........hmmmm.......what was that?

Last edited by NaughtyGT; 02-12-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Closed Thread