Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > General Automotive Talk

Old 07-06-2004, 12:07 AM   #1
joe_mazda

Mazda Break in

Today i just got my mazda broken into.

Just great. They screwdrivered under the lock and took my Sony stereo, nokia mobile and my motorola mobile.

not worth much but its so fcuking annoying.

cant get the pictures up at the moment, but ive now got a nice hole underneath the handle.

Alarm was on, doors were locked and they still got in. The irony is that last week i booked myself in for a new top of the range toad alarm to be fitted next saturday, so they did it a week before i upgrade.

luckily they never took my audio stuff in the boot (thats the expensive stuff). Very annoying as i know they'll never ever get caught.

oh well :evil:
joe_mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2004, 01:32 AM   #2
geetee

Car: A Mazda 323F BJ Sport.
Send a message via MSN to geetee
unlucky joe, i know what i`d like to do with these wee bastards! :evil:
but there`s a lesson to be learn`t from this.......
you`ve probably heard this happen to someone else at some point and thought it could be avoided.
i bet your sony was a face off job. these little ****s probably have a good laff when they look into a car and see that the face off stereo still has the face on!!!!
and mobile phones, well they`re easy to carry and easy to sell on.
lesson? don`t leave them in the car and if you have to then put them in the boot at least. its happened to me before and you can bet your ass it won`t happen to me again. don`t give them a chance mate.
hope you can fix the door or know a decent panel beater.
geetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 03:35 AM   #3
joe_mazda

Heres the pictures.

Luckily the holes not too big, and i fixed the lock mechanism so its not too bad.
Oh yeah the face off was still on. Want to see someone have a go when i get my new top-o-the-range toad. Im now gonna get all the bloody extras to stop them.

well at least ive learnt from my mistake!

To all you people who think it'll never happen to them, at a public place, think again coz it happened to me.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:32 AM   #4
platypus
living in the past man

Car: Subaru Outback 2.0 turbo
Send a message via MSN to platypus
mmmm professional removal i must say.. on the up side they only damaged the lock and you still have the car
Old 07-06-2004, 09:06 AM   #5
quiksilv3r

unlucky dude, that sucks

i dont want to be negative here, but i will give u this site. its an ex thief wrote a little article on the relative ease of getting around car alarms. basically if the thief is a pro, any alarms can be compromised

http://users3.ev1.net/~hmillerjr/theft_prevention/

good luck with getting ur car fixed up
quiksilv3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 09:12 AM   #6
Nate
Pandaspeed Racing

Car: BG SP
Send a message via MSN to Nate
yeah dude be thankful they knew what they were doing. mine smashed a window, cracked the windscreen and dented the door / sratched the paint.... all for a pair of interior neons they couldnt even see from outside the car!!!

good luck with the repairs!!

Life would be straight without twisties STOCK AS A ROCKET!

•motor sport is dangerous and that accidents causing harm can and do happen and may happen to me.
I accept the conditions of, and acknowledge the risks arising from, attending or participating in the event and being provided with the event services by CAMS and the Associated Entities
I THINK I AM N2!
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 09:57 AM   #7
platypus
living in the past man

ok thanks quiksilv3r, for the link.... i'll plagerise it

Theft Prevention 101
found this on clubsi.com and it scared the pants off me..

[thief]
You see all you dumbass honda drivers just dont understand basics. If I set your alarm off, i can turn it off in less than 20 seconds.
Break window, pull hood release, turn battery off.
But I can do it without pulling the hood release, too. I can rip off your fender liner, and the cable is sitting right there. And i believe it can be done directly at the hood latch at the car. Opening the hood carefully does not set off the alarm, UNLESS you have a sensor there. Either way, I'll have the battery off in less than a few seconds..
UNLESS you have a backup battery.

I can get into your car, damn easily. I can take a flat head screwdriver to the side of the window where that tab, that keeps it in place is. This doesnt set off the alarm. I can than reach in, and unlock the car door. Than I'm in.
Sometimes you can block off the auto-lock with the civic DX piece, I can rip this off or do it with ONE screwdriver. Unless you remove the entire power-door lock system.

I can pick your door lock, or smash it in, pull it off and than get in the car.
The only way you can stop me from doing this, is removing power door locks, and shaving off the actual lock. I think civic 4dr, (rear door) pieces are exact replacements.

Ok so i cant get into your car through a door. It's ok. Push the window down, and pull the trunk release cable. If you locked it, HAH, what a joke. Rip out that panel, and pull the cable. I can push your rear seats down, and I'm in the car.

You can only prevent this by removing trunk release cable, getting an electric one controlled by remote. And if you shave the actual door lock.

If you stupid bastards have gone to such great lengths to prevent me from jacking your POS civic, I can break the window, and clear away all the glass, hop in. I dont like doing this though, it's loud, attracts attention, and will **** me up when i slide in.
--------------------------
OK, I'm in the car. The alarm is going off. What's the No.1 worst thing? the alarm horn is in the engine bay. I can disconnect it (pull really hard, rips off) or just deal with it.
It's DEAFENING if you put a 2nd horn in the actual interior of the car itself. I wont even spend the 2 minutes jacking your radio and speakers, i dont want to go deaf.

If you have "the club" on your steering wheel, i can saw your wheel to get it off in 15 seconds. Or freeze the lock itself and break it. There are rare setups that have huge metal covers over the wheel, and THAN you put the club over this. Those must be a pain in the ass.

Autolock: A good deturrent, i have seen stolen cars with them STILL on the car, but a good thief can rip those puppies off.

OK, now if you have your basic alarm stuff, it takes time but i can go around it. Ignition and fuel kill switches are a total bitch, but i can rip off your panels and carpet, and get to the root of it, it just causes more delay.

Bolts: If i am here just to steal seats, there are websites that sell tool-specific bolts, so it makes it damn near impossible to get the bolt off without the right tool.

Some secuirty systems have a good range that alert the car owner i am stealing your ****. On a stock car you have less than 2 minutes before it's gone. With all the stuff listed above, it'll take at least 10minutes to figure out whats going on and have your car in my hands.

Lo-Jack. **** Lo Jack! If you are asleep, (i will be jacking your car around 2-4am in the morning, by the way)
I only need 2-3 hours to strip what I want. It will take an hour for the cops to locate me. So I do what i need to do in about 3 hours.

If you know your car has been stolen in the last hour, and have lo-jack, you will PROBABLY get it back. I'll rought it up a bit, you'll need some new panels and i'll have redlined the **** out of it just because it was FUN!

---
If a thief cannot steal your car, and has risked his neck, and his time into stealing it, we will probably be really, really pissed off. **** you for making your car safe. SO VERY often, the body panels get kicked in, and/or keyed.

Towing: More rare, but ask the average Integra-Type-R guy, they fear this more than anything. Only if you are tightly parallel parked, can you avoid this. It depends if there is something in front or behind you, because it is where they would tow you from, but turn your wheels all the way, depending on your situation.
And it's not always some shady tow-truck driver. A ****ty truck can easily be modifed to tow cars quickly.

If your car is often parked, reliably the same place, house, work, etc.....they can research it, and now what to do. From the outside they can see what exactly to steal, how to get it, how long they have, how often you check your car. If they set off the alarm and you come out, they will know your reaction time. I check on my car at least every hour while i'm at work or school.
[/thief]

So yeah guys. You can virtually make your car unstealable, unless they tow it, or have an hour or so of time on their hands.
**** loads of engine stuff can be done to stop them. Unplug your injectors, but have them sit there as if they are in. If you have an MSD cap and coil, remove the plug connection the two, so there is no ignition coil. Or unplug your ECU. Havent you seen guys walking around the mall, late at night with an ECU in their hands ?

Dont bling. Wheels, or any expensive mods that can be easily stolen and sold on ebay or honda-tech or clubsi's "For Sale" forums are a big treat.

Racers: A car that looks fast, a turbo, a nice engine (so our stock B16A2 make it high profile already) any go-fast components, thieves love, because often a thief has a honda of his own. He worked for a few weeks of his miserable existance and bought a crx, or an old EG. And he wants to street race dat **** yo! So he's going to steal stuff from his car to make it fast.

Hope this helps guys.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:01 AM   #8
platypus
living in the past man

btw adding a battery back up ain't that hard... you only need to add in 9v battery and some other circuitry... i'll be working on this soon, and will let y'all know how it goes... basically when one source is cut the second source cuts in, and keeps the alarm welping....

also buying a second screamer and placing inside car is fun and cheap (less than $10 with parrallel wiring) ... doing this hopefully next weekend!!!
Old 07-06-2004, 02:41 PM   #9
dfvadr

Car: ss , sp20 , 94ba
its illegal to have an alarm going more then 2 minutes in nsw
- 18"ame's
- custom interior
- kenwood head unit , pioneer speakers driven by 800 watt amp , kicker subs driven by 1000 watt amps each sub [135.2db at supernats], two 1th caps 4 tv screens dvd player
- xbox
- airbag suspension with gas strut towers
- custom plates an airbrushing on bonnet
dfvadr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 02:46 PM   #10
dfvadr

Car: ss , sp20 , 94ba
oh **** sorry joe that sucks man im happy u still have ur car though
- 18"ame's
- custom interior
- kenwood head unit , pioneer speakers driven by 800 watt amp , kicker subs driven by 1000 watt amps each sub [135.2db at supernats], two 1th caps 4 tv screens dvd player
- xbox
- airbag suspension with gas strut towers
- custom plates an airbrushing on bonnet
dfvadr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 03:25 PM   #11
pr1mo
I MUST STOP MAKING STUPID POSTS! Yet I keep on making them. And I wonder why I get banned?

Car: auto
ahb11m. man if u need a holiday in melb u have a place to stay :P gotta love a few members having the same alarm

i wanna do all that kinda stuff before my seats go in

cheers mike
pr1mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 03:40 PM   #12
platypus
living in the past man

pr1mo, as it so happens i may take you up on that offer!!!! i'll let you know in good time!! but it wouldn't be until december....

odd12c, i did not know that... good thing my alarm only goes for about that long.... stops and goes crazy again!!
Old 07-06-2004, 05:26 PM   #13
joe_mazda

Cheers guys, i think ive been lucky. You hardly notice the damage and ive fixed the lock.

This new alarm im getting has the self powered siren etc. and this is the best bit..

Its ALL self contained inside the car right behind the centre console where you cant get to it.

Heres the list of what else it has:

Perimiter Protection
Ultra Sonic Interior Protection
2 Stage Immobilisation
Anti Scan / Anti Grab
Intelligent Re-Arm
Intelligent Passive Arm
Intrustion Attempt Alert
Activated Zone Indication
Smart LED
Multi Colour LED
Self Powered Siren
Secure Override
Short Circuit Protection
Pager Output
Distress Alert
Autolock / Unlock With Ignition
Interior Light On Disarm
Remote Control Central Locking
Selective Locking
Interior Light Display
Service Override
Indicator Flash
Silent Arm / Disarm Facility
Noise Control
Programmable Transmitters

Optional Extras:

Tilt Sensor (being fitted)
Shock Sensor (being fitted)
Microwave Sensor
Pre-Warning Input, Soft Touch
Glass Break Sensor (being fitted)
6 Tone Siren
Customised RF Transmitters

Im also going to get the proximity warning sensor when i get the money. Beeps when you go near it and then goes off if you're too close.

www.alarms4u.co.uk

What do you think about this guys? Do you reckon its any good?

Hopefully this will stop the thiefs. Can't stand that guy who wrote about the stealing above. Gives you the idea that none of them have any sort of brains.
Old 08-06-2004, 10:24 AM   #14
MrShadow
Senior Time-waster

Car: 2005 SP23 Hatch
Send a message via MSN to MrShadow
The proximity alarm could be a bitch in shopping centres....

Bummer about the car...

Confuscias say "man who go to sleep with itchy bottom, wake up with smelly finger"
MrShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 06:36 PM   #15
Cosmo Dude
コスモ

Car: Mazda '95 Astina I4, '86 B2K and '10 3 MZR-CD
Ouch,

If an alarm goes off at night for over 5 minutes near me I just chuck a few bricks through their windows, it could be a moth or something trying to get out. I'm so considerate
Old 08-06-2004, 07:21 PM   #16
pr1mo
I MUST STOP MAKING STUPID POSTS! Yet I keep on making them. And I wonder why I get banned?

Car: auto
ahahahahahah

its funny cuz its my neighbourhood
pr1mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 07:30 PM   #17
Cosmo Dude
コスモ

Car: Mazda '95 Astina I4, '86 B2K and '10 3 MZR-CD
Lucky you live on the other side of the gundowner, I can't throw that far :twisted:
Old 08-06-2004, 08:09 PM   #18
joe_mazda

Yeah i know, you can turn it off which is quite good.

Very handy detterent though. Ive looked at cars and it beeps and makes you stand back straight away.

Im gonna leave that option for a while to see what the alarm is like first.

Im looking at new stereos now. Ive been recommended the pioneer deh7500mp.

Any good? im just looking for a decent looking mp3/cd player, nothing flash incase it gets nicked again!

Makes you feel like the cars not worth the effort when you get a break in :evil:
Old 09-06-2004, 02:03 AM   #19
geetee

Car: A Mazda 323F BJ Sport.
Send a message via MSN to geetee
how about a cd changer?
at least you can hide it under the seat or in the boot.
plenty room under the passenger seat for a 6 disc affair.
geetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 05:11 AM   #20
joe_mazda

Yeah i might do. Some good packages around at the mo

How do they fit and stuff? do they need a power wire or anything?