Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Communities > Australia Wide

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 08:57 PM   #41
Laser the Amazer

Send a message via ICQ to Laser the Amazer Send a message via MSN to Laser the Amazer
I haven't been to berrima for years and years

sounds like a plan leigh

Rob
Old 07-12-2005, 02:43 PM   #42
goldsp
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 04 wrx
Send a message via MSN to goldsp
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdamanik
I def be there ill hok up with burgs and follow him and jonno wherever we go...anyone in the newcastle area that wants a ride i got a free passanger seat (aka. photographer seat)

sorry brenton. probably not going anymore as its past wollongong and that would be a massive farken drive to and back in one day. Might aswell drive to bloody brisbane :P

http://www.astinagt.com/forums/vbgar...do=view&id=799
Old 07-12-2005, 03:03 PM   #43
mazdamanik

Car: Was an Astina now a Commohore :-(
Send a message via MSN to mazdamanik
well if u want u can tag along with me in my car?
Old 07-12-2005, 03:11 PM   #44
mazdamanik

no-one expects u brisbane people to come down man so easy up alright...its ur own free will and choice..u choose to come down....i aint saying its not appreciated but its far from expected
Old 07-12-2005, 03:16 PM   #45
goldsp
AstinaGT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightprotege
^ that's the sort of attitude that gives me the sh!ts. you EXPECT brisbanites to travel 1000k's to newcastle for a cruise but if the cruise isnt in newcastle you wont join in. great team spirit there.

hahaha firstly its your own choice to come down and no one expects you to come down. secondly yes your stupid for driving 1000kms down for a cruise.thirdly im not as dumb as you and hence am not driving 6-8 hours in one day for a cruise. maybe 4-5 hours. but thats where the line is drawn between sensible and lunatic.

for sydney siders i can see it as been a great cruise but add another 4 hours onto what you have to drive in a day and see where us newy people are coming from.i dont want a cruise in my back yard. but there is a massive difference between cruise in my backyard and a 3 hour trip half way to canberra

Old 07-12-2005, 03:19 PM   #46
mazdamanik

why dont we go to wollongong and those of us from newy can turn back from there and the rest of u guys keep going? newy can haev a mini cruise on way back
Old 07-12-2005, 03:22 PM   #47
goldsp
AstinaGT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdamanik
why dont we go to wollongong and those of us from newy can turn back from there and the rest of u guys keep going? newy can haev a mini cruise on way back

haha sounds like a plan

Old 07-12-2005, 04:42 PM   #48
dfvadr

Car: ss , sp20 , 94ba
just want to let you guys no that from sydney to wollongong by the national park is longer then sydney to berrima by the hume hwy , have a good nite
- 18"ame's
- custom interior
- kenwood head unit , pioneer speakers driven by 800 watt amp , kicker subs driven by 1000 watt amps each sub [135.2db at supernats], two 1th caps 4 tv screens dvd player
- xbox
- airbag suspension with gas strut towers
- custom plates an airbrushing on bonnet
Old 07-12-2005, 06:07 PM   #49
tidy protege

Car: wrx
Send a message via MSN to tidy protege
Money will be pretty tight with a new car coming and all early next year, i will see how the finances are in jan but yeah i dont know if i will be able to make it, sorry guys i can see a trip like this becoming quiet expansive and i dont have a high disposable income like some of you guys so ill just have to see.

Worst comes to worst those who choose not to come on this cruise can come out for lunch with me and some other mazda people to make up for it.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:31 PM   #50
Red Frog

Car: My feet :p
guys, seriously cool it! andy, u know we all appreciate it when u guys come down here. the drive from brisbane is bloody long, and quite expensive with petrol prices as they are, and esp if you work fulltime, it's very difficult to fit a cruise in and get home in time for work.

NO ONE is stupid for driving 1000kms. NO ONE is a lunatic for driving 6-8 hrs for a cruise. that is anyone's choice and decision to do that. heck, i drove to the blue mts, then to orange, then to bathurst, then back to sydney, then to the central coast, then back to sydney in one day. for what important reason? there wasn't one. i just enjoy driving, the company and the scenery.

for those peoples who don't want to drive to wollongong or berrima, that's fine, but there is no need to criticise the length of the trip. burgs, completely understandable about finances. if you can't afford it, or u don't have the time, or the trip is too much for one day, or woteva, we completely understand. thanku for your suggestion of having lunch closer to newy for those people who aren't in a position to travel to berrima - that's a great alternative! + mazdamanik, that's also a great suggestion of car pooling! u can split the petrol costs and swap drivers when necessary.

the reason for changing it to the south, was to give those people from victoria or canberra, etc, the chance to not have to drive as far. i feel really bad that we can't have it closer to qld too, like halfway, like coffs. but we're never going to please everyone. the point of the annual cruise is for anyone who is in a position to attend, to come.

so to everyone: please just be respectful of the many people who have driven from qld, nthern nsw, wollongong, canberra, victoria, etc to attend cruises in newcastle over the years. i know quite a handful of AGT members who have clocked up over 500kms in a one day cruise. this is not crazy, as it is their decision, their time and their money. so PLEASE just respect their choice for doing so.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:58 AM   #51
Nate
Pandaspeed Racing

Car: BG SP
Send a message via MSN to Nate
word nigga \m/ rezpecta \m/

Life would be straight without twisties STOCK AS A ROCKET!

•motor sport is dangerous and that accidents causing harm can and do happen and may happen to me.
I accept the conditions of, and acknowledge the risks arising from, attending or participating in the event and being provided with the event services by CAMS and the Associated Entities
I THINK I AM N2!
Old 08-12-2005, 12:18 PM   #52
goldsp
AstinaGT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightprotege
driving 1000kms for a cruise is DEDICATION to the club. it's what you do when you're part of a club and you are really into your car and cars like it.

when you're able to buy your own car out of your own money rather than mummy and daddy's then you might start to appreciate what dedication is. i dont have wads of cash to travel down to sydney for a cruise, but i do it anyway. hurry up and sell your car

get your info right twitty. my olds did'nt pay for anything on my car . so before you shoot your mouth off get the info correct. im sure you have recieved inheritance from your grandparents too and if not good for you. atleast you have living grandparents. thats how i got my car and dedication like the hero twitty makes can not be funeded on first year apprentice wages.

just a tip. there is no wine country like the hunter vineyards down berrima way , so that might affect you.Since you made it so public that you are north shore and into wine.

the comment on selling the car . haha in good time and you know whats even funnier. i will be buying a stock car that will flogg your heavily modded NA dyno rat. goodluck with the crx POS

Old 08-12-2005, 12:53 PM   #53
Nate
Pandaspeed Racing

Car: BG SP
Send a message via MSN to Nate
for f@rks sake ... guys if you want to go off at eachother there is a PM button! can we actually organise a cruise here and stop getting into fights! thats why we started a new thread!!

Life would be straight without twisties STOCK AS A ROCKET!

•motor sport is dangerous and that accidents causing harm can and do happen and may happen to me.
I accept the conditions of, and acknowledge the risks arising from, attending or participating in the event and being provided with the event services by CAMS and the Associated Entities
I THINK I AM N2!
Old 08-12-2005, 12:58 PM   #54
Rupewrecht
Administrator

Car: AZ-1, Astina Hardtop Turbo, BJ Protege, Beetle
Keep it up and i'll start deleting posts. Take it offline or continue via PM.

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com
Sourcing your not-quite-overnight parts from Japan

WRECHT--|--SLOWTEGE--|--BEETLE--|--SUBSTITUTE--|--AZ-1

Old 08-12-2005, 01:55 PM   #55
dfvadr

Car: ss , sp20 , 94ba
ok peoples enough now its as plain as this if you want to come to the national cruise then let us no your ideas, if ur not comming then we dont need to no , if you cant afford it or are working or what ever reason we dont want to no

these are a get together cruises for people to go somewhere different, meet the faces behind the screen an most of all enjoy our cars an freindships aside from the keyboard after all we all have the same interest

so i suggest just the people that are comming act on the thread , an the rest leave it alone

ps we understand if you cant make it thats cool there is always going to be another one
- 18"ame's
- custom interior
- kenwood head unit , pioneer speakers driven by 800 watt amp , kicker subs driven by 1000 watt amps each sub [135.2db at supernats], two 1th caps 4 tv screens dvd player
- xbox
- airbag suspension with gas strut towers
- custom plates an airbrushing on bonnet
Old 08-12-2005, 05:40 PM   #56
Laser the Amazer

Send a message via ICQ to Laser the Amazer Send a message via MSN to Laser the Amazer
south will be good

to be honest I'm sick of doing 500-700kms for cruises I attend

I have been a trainee this year owning 2 cars and doing my best to still get to cruises.

I am happy to see a cruise that is coming close to my place. about time instead of being in Newcastles backyard all the time. Thats great for the people in Newcastle and Gosford, but people in Sydney and further south its a big ask to have them come all the time.

I would hate for this cruise not to come to my neck of the woods, Wollongong and the Southern Highlands has some fantastic spots.

sorry for the rant

Rob
Old 08-12-2005, 06:17 PM   #57
Red Frog

Car: My feet :p
rob, u're right on the ball. that's the exact reason we decided on the south, bcos of ppl like u who travel so far for cruises. like u're trip to bathurst with us! it's so u guys can relax and not have to get up so early or drive so far. + it's so beautiful down south! we need to promote all areas of the east coast to our AGT members!

to whoever: if there are issues u guys have with things that are not related to planning the cruise, giving helpful suggestions, etc, then please do it elsewhere, like nate said that's what PMs are for. it's not productive and doesn't get us anywhere when ppl argue about things unrelated to the topic at hand.

now back OT!!! cruise is happening on the sat 28th jan!! this gives everyone enuff time to get time off work (i had to change shifts), save up money for petrol, organise who they are going to travel/take in the car, etc. i will be scouting the route in the new year so we have a good idea of where exactly we are going. i will try my best at weeding out any problems that might crop up on the day. and will also find a suitable lunch venue. now, lets just enjoy the summer sun, the egg-frying heat, and get back to talking about just the annual cruise!
Old 08-12-2005, 06:44 PM   #58
mazdamanik

id just like to give my suport to jonno, i think twilight needs to shut his mouth...screw PM's if u cant confront people and talk to em then wats the point...there was no ened to say these things, and as far as im concerned i dont want to be around these kind of people so count me out
Old 08-12-2005, 07:24 PM   #59
chicaboo

Car: Touge monster
The 2007 AGT anual cruise should be in QLD, because you won't see a single QLDer complain about driving 6-7 hours in a day in any state, even if they had to travel 12 hours or 12 minutes to get there!

Now I have trust in the beautiful Leigh-frog to organise a great cruise whereever or whoever attends... I can't contribute what I don't know, so I've long since given up and am happy resigning myself to the fact the southerners know the areas enough to make it a worthwhile event...

Tell me where and when it is, and if work isn't a problem I will turn up. But the weekend prior to the 28th would've been a certainty for me, but that extra week may make things difficult to work with?

It seems that some people have a severe lack of objectivity when friends are involved. That's all I'm going to say...

Oh look I forgot to show how Immature I am by starting my post with "haha". PM or MSN me your haha's as admition of guilt if you find that offensive...
Old 08-12-2005, 07:47 PM   #60
mazdamanik

im just pissed about wat twighlight said....after all his ranting about teams and club spirit....he then rips members of the club off for no reason at all....great team spirit when everyone fights with eachother