Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Performance & General Maintenance

Old 06-10-2012, 01:03 AM   #41
ghetto3

Car: 97 ba 1.8 323
My quality cqntrol department would be very busy i think.
ghetto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:31 AM   #42
project.r.racing

Car: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by himynameisbunny View Post
That's only 25 sets, which is $33.88 per person (including capital payment on casts).
That is alot of sets. Only had a few confirmed interested on here. Whom knows with 323F. I'll probably wait until Monday and start a eoi group buy thread if no one comes up with anything different over the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean_Cookie View Post
I'd sink $200 into the venture if it gets me perfect functioning windows.
Dunno about $200 for me. But I'd be happy to buy 3ish sets. Then I'd just sell them off at a later date.
project.r.racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:22 AM   #43
Clean_Cookie
obsessed-incomplete-broke

Car: BA Hardtop/Hatch
I'm happy to finance this venture, and be the poor test pig, but, it requires 3 moulds I think. So a set for $70 would be reasonable IMHO. (all 4 doors) would people buy them at this price? keeping in mind 4 doors by 4 bushes by $2.20 is 35.20 alone.

Last edited by Clean_Cookie; 06-10-2012 at 07:26 AM.
Clean_Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:31 AM   #44
project.r.racing

yeah the info on this now new third bush isn't forth coming. so i might just have to pull apart a door to find out what exsactly is in there.

so if there is another thrid bush that need to be case and made. that is $1270 for 3 casts and 3x100 bushes.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:43 AM   #45
Clean_Cookie
obsessed-incomplete-broke

Car: BA Hardtop/Hatch
Where is the thread of mine where I measured all of the bushes (or what was left of it) I think there's only three.

But 1300 is a lot of money, assuming 10 people are interested here @ $70, that's still $500 left to sell.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:48 AM   #46
himynameisbunny
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 97 Astina BA
Quote:
Originally Posted by project.r.racing View Post
That is alot of sets. Only had a few confirmed interested on here. Whom knows with 323F. I'll probably wait until Monday and start a eoi group buy thread if no one comes up with anything different over the weekend.
Quote:
yeah the info on this now new third bush isn't forth coming. so i might just have to pull apart a door to find out what exsactly is in there.

so if there is another thrid bush that need to be case and made. that is $1270 for 3 casts and 3x100 bushes.
Personally now that we know that there is a third bushing I think we should probably sort that out too.

Do it once, do it right is my motto. I've dicked up too many projects because I've half assed them at the beginning which is why I went all out on the suspension on the hardtop!

As for the cost...I read somewhere (can't remember where...) that the replacement assembly is like $1200 isn't it? It looks like lots on paper but if you make it back I don't think there's a problem. Can't do that with a single assembly

Quote:
I'm happy to finance this venture, and be the poor test pig, but, it requires 3 moulds I think. So a set for $70 would be reasonable IMHO. (all 4 doors) would people buy them at this price? keeping in mind 4 doors by 4 bushes by $2.20 is 35.20 alone.
Quote:
Where is the thread of mine where I measured all of the bushes (or what was left of it) I think there's only three.

But 1300 is a lot of money, assuming 10 people are interested here @ $70, that's still $500 left to sell.
You mean this one?

We only need to sell 25 sets to make the quota. With the third bush thrown in that's $50.82 each (not incl. postage).

I'm going to make an EOI here and on Club323F to see if we can get enough interest.
himynameisbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:51 AM   #47
ghetto3

I fixed this third bush with rubber grommets. Surely we could figure out a cheaper way of replacing all bushes with modified drawer runners (nylon) or bunnings bought products. Mould casting/production, injection die maintainance was my bread and butter for years. Could you imagine 15 people in and two months later the product starts separating and complaints roll in. Could be no worries but r&d could take way long. Ive used all sorts of rtv latex even cuttlefish bone techniques! Varied results lots of research etc. Im hoping one of us can go "you know this product works like this" ghetto style. Getting bushes for say an mx5, modifying them quick'n easy and posting solution for all would be cost effective, maybe an 'agt challenge' for us.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:11 PM   #48
project.r.racing

i'll be pulling apart a front and rear door tomorrow to confirm all the innards.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:30 PM   #49
ghetto3

If anyone could post a decent picture... Have a look at the inner door pictures a few posts ago. There are two alloy channels visible; a black and a white bush slide up and down channels powered by motor. Not visible is a third channel at the front edge of the door. It guides the front edge of the glass up through the triangular rear view mirror mount. A black rubber bush is attached to the front edge of glass to provide bushing for alloy channel. All three bushings give you s~~~ and as usual unavailable new or otherwise. Id be fully down for $100 or so but moreso want to look whats possib'le with commercially available and modify.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:38 PM   #50
project.r.racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghetto3 View Post
Id be fully down for $100 or so but moreso want to look whats possib'le with commercially available and modify.
i'm currently looking into this option also. but by the time you grab a $30 bushed kit from here, another $25 kits from there. Modify to suit and throw away all the unused bushes. You might as well send the $100 on the correct ones.

As I said earlier, if numbers cannot be found, and members buy 2 or 3 sets each. That'll cover the 25 units needed. Then just sell off your sets as required. I mean this issue always comes up on AGT every 2 months by a new member. So it wouldn't take long to offload them. And you can choose the sell price yourself.

Or if numbers are higher than I expect, then I'll cover the excess and buy the overload.

Last edited by project.r.racing; 06-10-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:13 PM   #51
ghetto3

Fulcrum supplied poly bushes and something like a ptfe grease would be smooth as rolls royce and well worth the suggested $. There would be no worries moving them.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:18 PM   #52
project.r.racing

you know fulcrum poly bushes are supplied to them from another company. and that company has their bushes manufactured by a third company.

the above prices are from that third company.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:00 PM   #53
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

Car: 1996 BA Hatch & 2005 RX8
oh sheit there is 3? thats a kick in the nuts..
Old 07-10-2012, 11:37 AM   #54
project.r.racing

Opened up both my front and rear doors.

The third unknown bush is really a slider matt that is glued to the glass. It is not a polymer roller. All mine were intact, front and rear. Couldn't get pic of front one, but the rear one look like this:-

Front do was missing the roller bushes, found this:-

Stuck my finger into the channel, and found this at the bottom:-

Rear one was all good:-

I dont think the slider is in the equation. It would be eaily fixed with some trimmed plastic resin and waterproof super glue.

Did note on every second wind up the the window rocks/rotates a few degrees using the centre bottom area where atttached to the lift mech as a axis point. ie causes the fitting at the top of the glass issue.

In the pic of the missing large bush, that actual centre shaft was touching the channel when this happened. And also you could wobble the glass left to right.

The rears of mine, that have all the bushes intact, do not wobble and do not rotate.

Time to get some bushes made up!!!

Last edited by project.r.racing; 07-10-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:54 AM   #55
himynameisbunny
AstinaGT Regular

Quote:
time to get some bushes made up!!!
In.

What are you going to do re: GB or buying yourself and selling?
Old 07-10-2012, 12:09 PM   #56
project.r.racing

Dunno. Will wait and see people thoughts in reference to this new info. And then create a proper EOI thread for the bushes.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:42 PM   #57
ghetto3

I fixed 'slider' with grommet. Its obvious whats going on with your windows now r! if you have a look at my hacked up door trims in interior shots of my pics you can see my doors and i know each other quite well. Theres my DNA through there everywhere. Being very bored,waiting till monday to give rupe more$ the ol' window roller thing comes up again and a perfect time to point out third bush and problems it causes. Other two bushes/rollers whatever you want to call them you can find the usual info on.
I fixed one door by dremelling off mount stud and replacing rollers from a wrecker door. Used nyloc bolts and nuts. Mr isreal up^there cut off head and tapped stud to remount. Two ways of fixing issues.
If you guys want to group buy thats cool im down for a set. I aim to point out you can fix this cheaply without capital risk. i have fixed/researched this and want to help too.
who do i give money too.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:52 PM   #58
project.r.racing

Quote:
I fixed one door by dremelling off mount stud and replacing rollers from a wrecker door. Used nyloc bolts and nuts. Mr isreal up^there cut off head and tapped stud to remount. Two ways of fixing issues.
Not interested in options that require modding. Others might.

Quote:
I aim to point out you can fix this cheaply without capital risk. i have fixed/researched this and want to help too.
Well start pointing.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #59
himynameisbunny
AstinaGT Regular

Quote:
Well start pointing.
Easy there partner!

Quote:
That's one issue I've been meaning to address. Will the poly be flexible enough to slip over that fixed stud?

If not, have you got any other ideas about how to get it on there?

The tapped stud (with Loctite as well) seems like the best way but I'm sure I'd screw it up doing it that way. No pun intended
Old 07-10-2012, 01:22 PM   #60
project.r.racing

Just asking for the info. No good saying you have info that can help. But not actually giving up that info. I'm all for cheaper options. But we'll never know if fingers don't hit keys.

Poly version will be flexable enough to go over the stud. Bit of warm water, bit of force, and it'll slip over. This was explained to the manufacturer. Hence the rock hard nylon option that the euro guy did isn't my up of tea.