Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Audio Hi-fi

Old 13-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #21
ethand

Car: '92 Eunos 30x
Hey guys, some of you mention there being an AUX/3.5mm jack input or something for the BJ SP20...? I have a BJII Protege SP20 with the stock system. I'm not wanting to change the CD player itself (I quite like the OEM look), but would like to plug in my iPod. Do any of you know if there is a 3.5mm jack plug in the back of the unit? I can't seem to find anything to completely confirm/bust the idea, but it seems to be alluded to.
Cheers
Old 13-09-2013, 07:11 PM   #22
TheMAN

Car: .
there is auxmod, but for the price spent on it, you're better off paying a little more for a real ipod interface adapter... there's several brands... grom is one of them, but there's also the genuine mazda one meant for the early 3s
Old 14-09-2013, 10:32 PM   #23
ethand

Car: '92 Eunos 30x
Thanks a stack, mate, seems not to expensive to go down the Grom route... I'm no expert when it comes to Audio, for sure, but I might have a crack at DIY-ing this one...
Cheers
Old 16-03-2014, 12:10 PM   #24
omrgti

Car: 92 astina, vl turbo
I have been told that you can't completely remove the factory tape deck from a 1992 astina. I don't believe it but my Mrs wont let me put a CD player in without talking to someone with previous experience. Mind you I got told by the same person that if I don't drive my car or get the wheels off the ground that the belts in my tyres will break if it sits to long (6months)
omrgti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2014, 01:13 PM   #25
project.r.racing

Car: n/a
person is full of crap on both issues.
project.r.racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2014, 03:21 PM   #26
omrgti

Car: 92 astina, vl turbo
I thought so. But that means I have more problems that have to be solved lol. Like why the reco'd alternator doesn't charge intermitantly (car starts to misfire, charge, brake and rear light come on the dash, battery goes flat while driving, stalls and wont start.) But I think ill deal with that in something that isn't audio
omrgti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2016, 09:34 AM   #27
Mr_Bone

Car: 2002 Mazda 323 SP20 Astina
Hey Everyone...
Ive just bought a 2002 Mazda 323 SP20 Astina in Sunlight Silver...Beautiful Car....All original..one owner since new...
Now i have a question
It still has the original 6 Disc In Dash CD Player and it has accepted one of my cds(its only taken one) played it and wont let me put another one in...tried ejecting everything...tried hitting load but it doesnt seem to want to automatically pull the disc into the player and i dont want to force it

any ideas on what to do?
Mr_Bone is offline   Reply With Quote