Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > Your Rides/Project Worklog

Old 23-12-2010, 06:12 PM   #1
ethand

Car: '92 Eunos 30x
Ethand's Eunos Presso

Heyas, just realised that I've never posted a worklog on here... i'm not doing anything too major to my car, but hey, worth showing the little bits and peices (which may or may not be of interest to you Astina owners!) I'm doing/planning to my car.
So I bought this '92 Eunos Presso (Japanese Import, in Aus they were called Eunos 30x) in mid May 2010 to replace my Astina Hardtop. I was planning on fixing the Astina's damage from its previous owner, but discovered that it was easier said than done, and with quotes upwards of $6k for a $5-6k car, I decided it was too hard and bought the Presso, which was my dream first car from year 6.
Anyway, it was completely stock except some rims (which I didnt like, so sold with my Astina) and a hole drilled in the exhaust to make it louder (which will be replaced soon... I'm just over it!).

This is it the day I bought it, with the 17" rims I bought for the Astina, but transferred over. The ones on it were kinda old 5-spokers with a few caps missing from the middle. The day after I bought it, the driver's side weather shield blew off while I was cruising down the road. Other than this, a new CD player, some front seat covers, a very thorough clean/polish & a service, I did nothing to it for about 5 months.

Then, in October, I got the windows tinted to darkest legal tint as the car was like an oven before... plus it looks pretty cool, IMO

I also replaced the interior door/map lights with red LEDs, just for fun

then I got some racing pedals/sports pedals for it, as the rubber boots broke, then took them off bacause i found out they're illegal & also rather annoying (and they gouge out bits of your floor mats) Somewhere along the way, I also fixed the fog lights (globes blown), passenger side electric window switch, drivers side door lock (stopped working) and a few other little bits and pieces that were bothering me...
Then last weekend I got frustrated with the it looking lop-sided with only one weather shield, and because a new one was looking like being around $220 with postage and taxes, I decided to take the passenger side one off, and respray the window frames (the drivers side one still had glue and s*** on it, and once I took of the pass side one, it did too). While i was at it, I decided to respray the wiper arms (not the bits you replace with the blades, just the arm itself) both front and back as they were faded back to the metal. They're now all gloss black

Here's a few pics from the other day, just randomly

My future plans for this car aren't all that grand - I'm hoping to keep it through uni for the next 5 years at least, and wont have bulk cash to dump on it, so I'm tying to go the subtly sporty look, and keep everything working as it should. I'd like to one day get some brushed aluminium door sills/scuff panels and perhaps a JDM-style front lip for it (not sure why mine doesnt have one), replace the headliner's fabric lining with black foam-backed fabric (to match the black/red theme) and probably a few other little nips and tweaks. I'm not planning on doing anything much to the engine, as that can blow out to massive expenses pretty easily...
Anyway, thats my car (at rather great length) for you!

Last edited by ethand; 23-12-2010 at 06:25 PM.
ethand is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 14-09-2011, 08:15 PM   #2
kulluminati777

Car: Mazda mx-3
hey i know this car from somewhere lmfao

kulluminati777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2011, 09:54 PM   #3
ethand

Haha lol... yeah, thought you might recognise it
I haven't checked in on here in ages, tonight's the first time in months... coincidence, then, that you'd posted here only yesterday haha!
To update on the car, for all those oh so clearly interested (I can tell from the thousands of replies this thread has received in my absence), the Presso is going great (though running quite rich at the moment, in the process of sorting that out). I'm in the middle of changing all the interior gauge/button lights from the stock green to red, but other than that, haven't done anything other than fairly minor mechanical tweaks/fixes to get him to run & look as much like new as possible... takes more than expected haha
Old 16-09-2011, 09:17 AM   #4
Clean_Cookie
obsessed-incomplete-broke

Car: BA Hardtop/Hatch
always more - never ever less!
Old 16-09-2011, 11:06 AM   #5
ethand

Haha yeah, except that it smells so so bad! It's using oil a bit, too - I checked it about 7k kms after a full service & it was quite badly depleted...
Mechanic thinks its an ECU
Old 16-09-2011, 11:28 AM   #6
phildough
Banned

Car: 2002 Mazda Frankenstina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethand View Post
Haha yeah, except that it smells so so bad! It's using oil a bit, too - I checked it about 7k kms after a full service & it was quite badly depleted...
Mechanic thinks its an ECU
An ECU wont cause it to burn more oil.
Its wear and tear that causes that.
phildough is offline   Reply With Quote