Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Audio Hi-fi

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2006, 01:06 AM   #1
Asty93

Boot install problem

gday,

ive been tossing around an idea for a boot install in my bg, but am not sure of a few things...

first of all what i plan to do is have a false floor and get my amp underneath it along with the crossovers for my splits in the front and possibly a capacitor ... what i am worried about is the amp overheating in the confined area.

While i was driving around in cairns over christmas my whole sound system shut down, (head unit still on but no sound), then when i pulled up at the beach i checked the amp and it was hot as. after a while it started again no dramas. So im just concerned that it may overheat even more in a smaller area.

ive thought about using computer fans (like they use in computer cases) inside the false floor , but thats all ive managed to come up with.

if anyone has any experience with keeping amps cool in similar conditions id be all ears!!!