Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Communities > ACT

Old 17-06-2004, 05:09 PM   #41
dfvadr

Car: ss , sp20 , 94ba
honestly you guys i dont think there was anything wrong with the dyno there was a couple off cars there that run up the same figures in 2 different states an within a week off dynoing
twilight as for my car it is only standard with a big ass exhauts that i recon loses me a little power , but as stated earlier you can do all the mods you want spend thousands off dollars but if you dont change the brains behind it [ecu] u mite as well just give me the money because nothings going to work for you with a standard ecu
- 18"ame's
- custom interior
- kenwood head unit , pioneer speakers driven by 800 watt amp , kicker subs driven by 1000 watt amps each sub [135.2db at supernats], two 1th caps 4 tv screens dvd player
- xbox
- airbag suspension with gas strut towers
- custom plates an airbrushing on bonnet
dfvadr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2004, 05:18 PM   #42
Cosmo Dude
コスモ

Car: Mazda '95 Astina I4, '86 B2K and '10 3 MZR-CD
The idea behind the day was to see various cars and their output on the one dyno on the one day so that any arguements could be settled. The power figures were a secondary bonus.
I can claim that my car was down on power due to this and that but in the end that is poor planing on my part. So 49.3kw atw was what I ran so 49.3kw atw is all I can claim and the ABH11M slowtege is 2% more powerfull. I will need to try harder and prepare better for next time.
Old 17-06-2004, 06:09 PM   #43
twilightprotege
Driving a faster car now!

Car: Lotus ....... .
my car is booked in for a dyno at the dyno place i went to previously - that'll give me a better comparison between now and before
twilightprotege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2004, 09:57 PM   #44
platypus
living in the past man

Car: Subaru Outback 2.0 turbo
Send a message via MSN to platypus
cosmo look out, my hands are currently covered in petrol from replacing the fuel filter... was well over due, but was too expensive!! (BJ owners prepare to freak out when you pay $94.50 for a filter!!)
Old 18-06-2004, 06:12 AM   #45
twilightprotege

^ damn it!!!!!
Old 18-06-2004, 10:03 PM   #46
KittyKatSmack
Banned

Car: Mazda
Kitty has a red pod, it sucks hard...

But minimal increase on the Dyno

Lantis: You are sweet to go back to the Dyno when your new filter is in.

I LOVE THE WAY THE CAR SOUNDS NOW

*Kitty growls........*

:twisted:
KittyKatSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2004, 10:47 PM   #47
Nate
Pandaspeed Racing

Car: BG SP
Send a message via MSN to Nate
Quote:
it sucks hard...
that could be taken sssssooooo many ways .... sorry this horny little teenager will shut up now :mrgreen:

Life would be straight without twisties STOCK AS A ROCKET!

•motor sport is dangerous and that accidents causing harm can and do happen and may happen to me.
I accept the conditions of, and acknowledge the risks arising from, attending or participating in the event and being provided with the event services by CAMS and the Associated Entities
I THINK I AM N2!
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2004, 01:17 PM   #48
twilightprotege

ok ppl - back from the dyno up here. got 123.7whp - that's 92.3kw atw. only slightly more than the 80kw atw at canberra...wtf???? i'll say it again, that dyno in canberra was off.
Old 19-06-2004, 01:48 PM   #49
Nate
Pandaspeed Racing

Quote:
ok ppl - back from the dyno up here. got 123.7whp - that's 92.3kw atw. only slightly more than the 80kw atw at canberra...wtf???? i'll say it again, that dyno in canberra was off.
settle mate settle ..... i think you need a hug ..... dyno days banned from this point on :mrgreen:

•motor sport is dangerous and that accidents causing harm can and do happen and may happen to me.
I accept the conditions of, and acknowledge the risks arising from, attending or participating in the event and being provided with the event services by CAMS and the Associated Entities
I THINK I AM N2!
Old 19-06-2004, 08:56 PM   #50
twilightprotege

hehehehehehe
Old 19-06-2004, 10:01 PM   #51
JynX

Send a message via ICQ to JynX Send a message via MSN to JynX
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightprotege
So its off because your car didnt pull the figures you wanted it too... interesting.

Either way it doesnt matter, mods should be benchmarked using the same dyno everytime.
JynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2004, 10:10 PM   #52
Nate
Pandaspeed Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JynX
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightprotege
So its off because your car didnt pull the figures you wanted it too... interesting.

Either way it doesnt matter, mods should be benchmarked using the same dyno everytime.
nah what twilight was saying is true ... the dyno was out compared to the normal power seen ie the stock sp20's should have made 10 kw's more and same with the mx5 but thats not the point it gave everyone a chance to compare cars ... we now know that cosmo dudes 929 was the offical winner but it did well for its age so the real winner of the day was the slowtege!!! hehehehe and i was withn 2kw's of an sp20 wooot!!!!

I THINK I AM N2!
Old 19-06-2004, 10:14 PM   #53
twilightprotege

that's why i went back to the same dyno i went to previously...so i can compair apples to apples.

just is screwy that almost all other dyno's with a stock sp20 put out 73ish kw at the wheels..but this one didnt come close.

i'm not saying the canberra dyno was inaccurate - hell maybe the one in redcliffe that i go to is off....but when almost every single power run i've seen with a stock sp20 puts out 73kw at the wheels + or - 2kw.......... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 20-06-2004, 07:54 AM   #54
dfvadr

its funny how guys pull bigger figures when the others aren't around ,now going by wat ur saying thats 12.5 atw's better so every-one elses should have pulled that or near enough my 98 atf =83.5 atw dont think so i think ur dyno up there needs some serious attention
now guys seem to think u have to prove a point from that day well ur wrong we just did it for fun an get a rough idea what the different vehicles do it was fun not a comp personnelly if i had 70 atw or i had 300 atw im still only going to do 120k's up the freeway

as stated there was a couple off cars that were from outta town that pulled the same figures [2 different dynos same figures ] u can not back that with ur 1 off no proof because no one else run that dyno [ its out]
- 18"ame's
- custom interior
- kenwood head unit , pioneer speakers driven by 800 watt amp , kicker subs driven by 1000 watt amps each sub [135.2db at supernats], two 1th caps 4 tv screens dvd player
- xbox
Old 20-06-2004, 11:39 AM   #55
twilightprotege

i totally agree that the idea of the day was to compair each other's cars with one another and for just plain fun.

but still the issue arises....with most fwd cars, kw at the engine is apx the same figure as hp at the wheels...have a look at the www.msprotege.com forums. all stock or very slightly modified sp20's are putting out between 70-80kw at the wheels

anyway, all that matters to me is i can now compair all of my runs and mods accurately. that's all i ever wanted to do
Old 20-06-2004, 12:24 PM   #56
Aaron
Stiff Member

Car: 1994 Lynx BP-T
You know what - get yourself on a real dyno that can measure drivetrain loss accurately, then run the numbers and let us know.

There's one of these in Canberra but it's about $80 a run. I'm going to do it one day just out of curiousity. Then again if I could add 12.3kw to my 187......

Personalyl I think there's no such this as fair dyno to dyno comparison. In theory "Shootout mode" on a dyno demonics unit is about as level as it gets - but they read high comapred to non shootout my 187 in Shoot6 would be about 200.....

Run it in Shoot4 or Shoot8 and the number gets even more rubber as the ramp rates etc are all different.

A.
Old 20-06-2004, 08:53 PM   #57
platypus
living in the past man

Car: Subaru Outback 2.0 turbo
Send a message via MSN to platypus
can i make one small note... now i'm not sure of the exact numbers here.....

but what is canberras elevation as compared to that of your dyno in brisbane?

the whoole atmospheric pressure would of played a great deal on this... like we are talking up to 15% power losses....

sorry to sit on information
Old 20-06-2004, 09:47 PM   #58
dfvadr

air temp dont make that bigger diff or they wouldnt run drags in other states
what r u trying to say here put ur air filter in the fridge or oven an get 15% ,i wish
- 18"ame's
- custom interior
- xbox
Old 20-06-2004, 09:54 PM   #59
Osprey06
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 1987 Mazda 323 'SS' FWD turbo
Send a message via ICQ to Osprey06 Send a message via MSN to Osprey06
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahb11m
but what is canberras elevation as compared to that of your dyno in brisbane?

the whoole atmospheric pressure would of played a great deal on this... like we are talking up to 15% power losses....
I was under the impression that, as a general rule, the higher you go (in terms of elevation) the more power an internal combustion engine would produce. So, based on pressure alone, I would expect a car to produce higher figures in Canberra than in Brisbane. However, I agree with Rod - I would assume that the difference would be negligible.

James
Osprey06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2004, 10:06 PM   #60
JynX

Send a message via ICQ to JynX Send a message via MSN to JynX
Air temp does make a difference as the colder air is the bigger the bang in the cylinder.
I think James was reffering to density as opposed to air temps anyway. Air density also has a similar affect to air temp.

Was your run in qld done in shootout mode by chance?
JynX is offline   Reply With Quote