Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Performance & General Maintenance

Old 19-10-2003, 07:08 PM   #1
adamack

CAI in a BG

Hey everyone,

I own a BG (91, single cam) Astina and I want to put in a Cold Air Intake. People say its easy, "all you do is take out the airbox and replace with a pod filter" or something. But I had a look under the bonnet and have decided it will never be that easy.

I might buy a CAI kit and get it professionally installed unless anyone has done it to their BG in their own garage. Any help? Cheers.....
Old 20-10-2003, 04:00 PM   #2
obzelite

Send a message via ICQ to obzelite
I bought some fairly large flexi pipe, cut a large hole in the bottom of my stock air box and ran the pipe from the box down to the front where the stock air intake took its air.
My car in a 97 astina and i had to remove a god awful plastic inlet thing first.
Good side was a noticeable increase in midrange power, and a higher top speed.
Down side was a filter suffering some damage from crap that now had an easy path direct to the airbox. Motor is now rooted, and i mean rooted. It’s a smoke machine due to rings and valve stems being stuffed. My advice would be to put the entry somewhere that it can get cold air, but not sucking direct from the front of the vehicle.
I’ve been meaning to put up an mpg of the car starting up and pumping out pure white smoke for 5 mins.
obzelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2003, 08:10 PM   #3
adamack

Damn, maybe you should put some grill mesh or some sort of filter at the end of the pipe. Anyone else got any info?