Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > Mazda Specific Talk

Old 22-04-2011, 05:50 AM   #21
323shades

Car: car
I haven't updated this for a little while. I am still tracing the wiring. Does anyone have an electrical diagram that they could post or emaill me please to make the job simpler.

Thank you
323shades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:17 AM   #22
323shades

Car: car
just an update i am still tracing the wiring looms, fan speeds are ok.

Sorry mazdatech, the vehicle is a manual. sorry for the late reply
323shades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 10:45 PM   #23
rolf

Car: mazda 323
fans

I would replace the relays that sit behind the right hand front shock I am on my 7th mazda 323 I transferred aircons central lockings electric windows from car to car ect check all the fusses doesn't has to be new stuff go to a self serve wrecker and when you get there make your parts list and get a price first on all the parts you want to salvage first before you go in the yard and get them it gona be a lot cheaper I am a perfectionist I can pull a 323 drive train out in 2 hours replace timming belt clutch oilseals ect and wack the whole thing in and go for a test drive 5 hours later parts are cheap and the 323 is good property super reliable on all components unless neglected
Quote:
Originally Posted by 323shades View Post
Sorry if this is a repeat but,,,,

I have a 323 shade 1996 with a ba1800 engine. The cooling fans only come on when the Air Con is on. This means that the fans, relay and wiring are all o.k. I have replaced the themistor ( 2 wire plug ) as it would not go any lower than 1K ohm. New thermistor goes as low as 200 ohms as it should. The cooling fan still will not come on. I have been told that there is another coolant temp sensor, but when i unplug it i notice that i loose the temp reading on the dash. So i have not replaced it.

The dash temp reading never goes above half way, but my fans never come on either. The engine smells " burnt" so i know drive around with the AC on so my engine doesn't smell anymore. The first photo is the new coolant sensor that i replaced which should have fixed the problem, the second photo shows the coolant sensor for the dash. Please help

P.S how do you put pictures up please

Regards
rolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 11:01 PM   #24
rolf

Car: mazda 323
fans

I would replace the relays that sit behind the right hand front shock I am on my 7th mazda 323 I transferred aircons central lockings electric windows from car to car ect check all the fusses doesn't has to be new stuff go to a self serve wrecker and when you get there make your parts list and get a price first on all the parts you want to salvage first before you go in the yard and get them it gona be a lot cheaper I am a perfectionist I can pull a 323 drive train out in 2 hours replace timming belt clutch oilseals ect and wack the whole thing in and go for a test drive 5 hours later parts are cheap and the 323 is good property super reliable on all components unless neglected
Quote:
Originally Posted by 323shades View Post
Sorry if this is a repeat but,,,,

I have a 323 shade 1996 with a ba1800 engine. The cooling fans only come on when the Air Con is on. This means that the fans, relay and wiring are all o.k. I have replaced the themistor ( 2 wire plug ) as it would not go any lower than 1K ohm. New thermistor goes as low as 200 ohms as it should. The cooling fan still will not come on. I have been told that there is another coolant temp sensor, but when i unplug it i notice that i loose the temp reading on the dash. So i have not replaced it.

The dash temp reading never goes above half way, but my fans never come on either. The engine smells " burnt" so i know drive around with the AC on so my engine doesn't smell anymore. The first photo is the new coolant sensor that i replaced which should have fixed the problem, the second photo shows the coolant sensor for the dash. Please help

P.S how do you put pictures up please

Regards
rolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 05:49 PM   #25
TheMAN

Car: .
mate, this thread was from 4.... FOUR years ago

issue already resolved, let the thread die!