Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Bodykits & Exterior

Old 02-08-2006, 05:04 PM   #41
Cosmo Dude
コスモ

Car: Mazda '95 Astina I4, '86 B2K and '10 3 MZR-CD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSilver
Mazda like any other car companies make more than 50% profit on part prices. Have u ever seen dealer prices,Trade prices and retail prices for parts? well, basically, retail price = dealer price * 2

car manufacturers are dirty suckers....
Is Xerox in the buisness of selling copiers or toner cartridges?
Canon package printer ink and sell it for aprox $1600 per litre while cartridge world sell for about $600 a litre for the same ink. Both pay way less than $100 per litre, way way less.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:47 AM   #42
2brag
AstinaGT Regular

Car: MPS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo Dude
Is Xerox in the buisness of selling copiers or toner cartridges?
Canon package printer ink and sell it for aprox $1600 per litre while cartridge world sell for about $600 a litre for the same ink. Both pay way less than $100 per litre, way way less.
Precisely, no point complaining about it coz it happens with everything, im sure a Whopper Meal from Hungry Jacks cost's about $1 to make, but we are charged
$6

Its what makes the world go round
Old 04-08-2006, 02:27 PM   #43
Noble323
E74A

Car: SP20
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2brag
Precisely, no point complaining about it coz it happens with everything, im sure a Whopper Meal from Hungry Jacks cost's about $1 to make, but we are charged
$6

Its what makes the world go round
Dont wanna make a big deal outta this, but honestly your comparing a meal with parts ????? - incase you all forgot i start this thread talking about CAR PARTS not meals, wheels, lollies etc......

Plus - Honestly your comparing a meal - like you say $6, - NOW $6 is nothing compare to parts that go over $400.

Example: if a meal cost $200 and they charge you $600 would you say something then ???????????????? Thanks you. - like i said PARTS This thread is about.
Noble323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 02:40 PM   #44
LordWorm

Car: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble323
Dont wanna make a big deal outta this, but honestly your comparing a meal with parts ????? - incase you all forgot i start this thread talking about CAR PARTS not meals, wheels, lollies etc......

Plus - Honestly your comparing a meal - like you say $6, - NOW $6 is nothing compare to parts that go over $400.

Example: if a meal cost $200 and they charge you $600 would you say something then ???????????????? Thanks you. - like i said PARTS This thread is about.
I think the point he was making is that thats what it costs. coffee is a great example. $0.20 to make, sell for $4.00... massive markup. but you like your coffee...you need your coffee...you buy it.

So what if the car part costs mazda some $30.00 to make in a sweat shop in down town taiwan....they sell it for what they think its worth - if you want it, if you need it, you pay for it...you cant complain about it....well...you can...but it wont do you any good.

mazda are in the business of making cars, aftermarket service and parts etc. They have big bills to pay. The cost of owning a nice car, is expensive bits.

Need parts? Contact sales@b3motorsports.com
LordWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 08:21 AM   #45
2brag
AstinaGT Regular

Car: MPS3
Lord Worm: Thats 110% what i was getting at, you summed it up perfectly

And the day Mazda cut back on prices, then cut back on staff, you'll complain there'd not enough service for you!

Profit's what makes the world go round mate, Deal with it
Old 09-08-2006, 09:07 PM   #46
Cosmo Dude
コスモ

You wan't stupid prices...
Jeep Cherokee
Spare wheel cover..........$1,168.13
Spare wheel carrier............$220.58

HTF could a single piece of plastic cost that much more than a manufactured steel assembly?
Old 09-08-2006, 09:08 PM   #47
Cosmo Dude
コスモ

BTW, the wheel cover is available as an accessory
Old 21-09-2006, 10:12 AM   #48
MissyK

Car: Mazda
I dont bother buying anything from mazda. I usually find my accessories from japan are cheaper (including shipping!) Thats for the RX8 tho, like for example them rotary crests we got front and rear I paid about $220 for both and mazda wanted to charge $210 JUST for the front and $190 for the rear. Plz.... and the side strakes i ordered from London and paid $180AU, when on the mazda website it states $600...

Remote controls for dads 929 needed to be replaced and they cost a $hit load too! Managed to get them to bump the price way way down from what they originally told me, but still, profit margins must be through the roof lol
Old 21-09-2006, 10:34 AM   #49
LordWorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyK
I dont bother buying anything from mazda. I usually find my accessories from japan are cheaper (including shipping!) Thats for the RX8 tho, like for example them rotary crests we got front and rear I paid about $220 for both and mazda wanted to charge $210 JUST for the front and $190 for the rear. Plz.... and the side strakes i ordered from London and paid $180AU, when on the mazda website it states $600...

Remote controls for dads 929 needed to be replaced and they cost a $hit load too! Managed to get them to bump the price way way down from what they originally told me, but still, profit margins must be through the roof lol
*penny drops*
oh you are THAT missyk... RX8 dorifto queen from OMC....what you drivin a dirty old 1.8L BJ for?

Old 21-09-2006, 10:44 AM   #50
MissyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordWorm
*penny drops*
oh you are THAT missyk... RX8 dorifto queen from OMC....what you drivin a dirty old 1.8L BJ for?
yes its THAT missyk, ur thinkin "oh crap" now hey me s going drift again on saturday oh oh and my cars goin in for service tomorrow, i get a mps3 for the day should be fun
lol BJ is my mums car and its not old and dirty no more however i basically drive it everyday, things ive put that lil car through... it carries my rims and tyres and managed to fit my whole bodykit in there lol g8 lil car! Ive taken on new project got her new rims and plates yesterdya 4 her bday. and theres few more cosmetic mods i got in mind (ok ok truth is ive promised i wont spend anymore $ on the 8 till next yr. but im addicted! i got problems... i need to keep modding something!)
Old 21-09-2006, 11:02 AM   #51
LordWorm

Quote:
yes its THAT missyk, ur thinkin "oh crap" now hey me s going drift again on saturday oh oh and my cars goin in for service tomorrow, i get a mps3 for the day should be fun
lol BJ is my mums car and its not old and dirty no more however i basically drive it everyday, things ive put that lil car through... it carries my rims and tyres and managed to fit my whole bodykit in there lol g8 lil car! Ive taken on new project got her new rims and plates yesterdya 4 her bday. and theres few more cosmetic mods i got in mind (ok ok truth is ive promised i wont spend anymore $ on the 8 till next yr. but im addicted! i got problems... i need to keep modding something!)
Cool... give your mum some nice big power upgrades scare the living crap out of her next time she drives it :P

Good to hear you havn't given up on the 8... looks the part now, so i'm expecting some lots of go fast parts!!

Old 21-09-2006, 11:14 AM   #52
MissyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordWorm
Cool... give your mum some nice big power upgrades scare the living crap out of her next time she drives it :P

Good to hear you havn't given up on the 8... looks the part now, so i'm expecting some lots of go fast parts!!
lol she told me im not allowed to do anything really mechanical to it. last fri i was close to taking her car in for new exhaust and i stupidly told her, she wasnt too pleased i just wont tell her when i decide to do it lol few scratches on her car.. as its the car i also learnt how to drive in (well i learnt how to drive in her previous 323 BG, but i was still learner in this 1) so err yerr haha wonder how much for a respray
the 8 will be getting HUGE upgrade within next 1-2yrs, i just waiting around patiently for warranty to end, if you know wat i mean now i just gotta work on dad to let me fiddle wit his 929... lol
Old 21-09-2006, 11:20 AM   #53
LordWorm

Quote:
lol she told me im not allowed to do anything really mechanical to it. last fri i was close to taking her car in for new exhaust and i stupidly told her, she wasnt too pleased i just wont tell her when i decide to do it lol few scratches on her car.. as its the car i also learnt how to drive in (well i learnt how to drive in her previous 323 BG, but i was still learner in this 1) so err yerr haha wonder how much for a respray
the 8 will be getting HUGE upgrade within next 1-2yrs, i just waiting around patiently for warranty to end, if you know wat i mean now i just gotta work on dad to let me fiddle wit his 929... lol
Hahahaha you got the modders bug something crazy....you should see someone about it, perhaps there is a cream you can use? haha

respray would cost a bit.. i had the roof redone on my SP20 and it set me back $500...but included removing the sunroof and reinstalling it... but yeh for a decent respray you'd need to gut the thing so they can spray the engine bay inside and so on.... i think that might upset your mum a little haha.

Big powerupgrade for the RX8 ... GREAT! now all we gotta do is convince you to put it on the 1/4 mile haha.

enough off topicing from me, back to work!