Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > Mazda Specific Talk

Old 19-02-2010, 07:28 AM   #1
miah87

Car: R33 sedan
What have i done with my 323 ASTINA

Hi everyone,
Whoever owns a mazda 323 ASTINA please post their pic here.
It seems like not a lot driving a MAZDA 323 ASTINA
miah87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 19-02-2010, 09:15 AM   #2
bourbon
The Hairy Mod

Car: MINI Cooper S 2003
theres heaps of pictures in the readers rides...heaps out on the roads as well...
bourbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2010, 10:16 AM   #3
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

Car: 1996 BA Hatch & 2005 RX8
i dunno if ther is any in flemington, but there are heaps here. and there is reader rides, project worklog and what have you done today threads full of pics. there are a butload of members here all (95%?) that own a 323 astina (BG,BAorBJ)
Old 19-02-2010, 10:43 AM   #4
Rupewrecht
Administrator

Car: AZ-1, Astina Hardtop Turbo, BJ Protege, Beetle
Flemington, VIC? I drive thru there at least once a fortnight

But yes, check out the Readers Rides

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com
Sourcing your not-quite-overnight parts from Japan

WRECHT--|--SLOWTEGE--|--BEETLE--|--SUBSTITUTE--|--AZ-1

Rupewrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2010, 09:14 PM   #5
miah87

I think luck is not on my side.

First option a 2.0 V6 Astina 1995 Manual and its been sold before I got there.

Second option a 1.8 I4 1995 Manual, the guy is a Hindu and I ask a bunch of question and he answered me ("Hello") which obviously did not answer what I'm asking. Ask him whether had regularly service or not, First he answered yes, second he answered no then third he said the car hasnt been registered. So I dun have the confidence on the car anymore.

Third is a auto 1.8 I4 white 1995 but still considering whether or not to get this auto car... SIGH.... God Help Me!!!!!!
Old 19-02-2010, 11:49 PM   #6
mussing

Car: 1990 323 Astina BG SP
Personally I wouldn't get it if it's auto, as it seems to take all the fun out of driving it. Do you need the car desperately? If you can afford to wait, then wait.
mussing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2010, 10:55 AM   #7
spenaroo
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 99 mx5
not to mention its an older jap car, which means the clutches/syncros in the gearbox will be worn and will need replacing soon. big $$$ as there not as easy as replacing a clutch (cost 2.5k to replace the auto box with an secondhand one in the fwd suzuki baleno. brothers auto commodore was $500) my brother went through 3 boxes in his Manuel swift (also fwd) and it was $300 per gearbox, $200 installation.

straights are good for fast cars
corners are for fast drivers
spenaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #8
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

yeah man look a bit more, travel a little if u have to, there are such GREAT astinas up for sale now. AND SO DAMN CHEAP which is kinda depressing, if i waited like 6 months i coulda save 1G but whatever. please for the love of god dont get a auto.... ur not a yank
seriusly get a manual its much better
Old 20-02-2010, 08:08 PM   #9
miah87

ah ****t. I just bought it today. well actually I need the car urgently. Me and my gf need to have a car in order to go to work. Without car it will be like 1.30 hours to reach my workplace. And work starts on monday. Anyway I just make a big decision on giving up the fun of driving a manual which I long for years. My gf needs an auto car to do the driving test and she doesnt want a manual. So I decide to get an auto. T_T please please dun say that auto is VERY bad.. I just want the interior and exterior to look good now. As for manual cars. I need to wait for another 2 years after I get a better job after finishing my degree.
Old 21-02-2010, 12:22 AM   #10
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

man ther is nothing wrong with auto cars. im sorry if i offended. its just that ther is less controll cus u cant engine break in a emergency and there is the boring factor and the cance of falling asleep at the wheel while driving at nght cus its boring lol but that aside u wont have to worry about clutches
as long as YOU are happy its the main part
best of luck wit it n im looking forward to some piccies
Old 21-02-2010, 08:33 AM   #11
miah87

Yea talking bout pictures. Im thinking of taking the pic of it yesterday but the car seems to have a little problem which I don't know what cause it and today is sunday. No shops open.
Well the problem is stated in my other thread:

Hey guys, Bought a white ASTINA 1995 auto 1.8 I4

But there is one problem that causes the car to be imperfect...

Problem:
First, bought it and drive home then stop the car and went off to buy something.
Then start the car again and here's the problem....
Rpm stays at 700 and then drop to 500 and makes the car shaky its like the engine is dying. Then whenever I stop at a traffic light, it goes down to 500 then I push on the pedal the car seems to be shaking then after 2 or 2 seconds, it start moving. This is not normal as I've driven a lot of auto cars before. Sometimes it is normal again then sometimes it will drop to 500. Auto trans should stay at between 750 and 1000 am I right. Which means this is not good. And the car pick up is not powerful at all for a 1.8 ltr car. My other car 1.3 ltr is faster. I've done some research bout it and found out that it could be a potential problem of it being the sensor fault. The seller asked his mechanic and said that probably just need some tuning to make it goes up again. If this fix the RPM then why is the car pick up so bad. It takes 6 or 7 seconds to reach 80km/h.

HELP... Im so down because of this. Other than that, the car is perfect. I love it. Gotta fix this.

This is the problem. Well I do use engine break very often before I sold my nissan pulsar last few days but thats ok for me. Will get a better car in the future. No rush... xD
Old 21-02-2010, 02:03 PM   #12
mikey_something

Car: 1998 Toyota Supra 3.0L Twin Turbo
6 or 7 seconds to reach 80km/h?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqsmV...eature=related
that took approximately 6 seconds
same engine capacity.
also given a decent driver in a manual should always beat you to 80km/h because of finer gear control rather than the computer deciding when it would like to
mikey_something is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2010, 05:15 PM   #13
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

if it drops rpm at down idle ther is a problem probably beyond tuning. some part (IAC,plugs,leads?etc) needs replacing and sorry to be frank but you should of testdrove the car before buying and you definately should not have bought from a dealer... my gfs bro in law is a auto dealer i know the sht he (and every other dealer iv ever met thru him) does....
Old 21-02-2010, 05:51 PM   #14
miah87

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70NYD View Post
if it drops rpm at down idle ther is a problem probably beyond tuning. some part (IAC,plugs,leads?etc) needs replacing and sorry to be frank but you should of testdrove the car before buying and you definately should not have bought from a dealer... my gfs bro in law is a auto dealer i know the sht he (and every other dealer iv ever met thru him) does....

That's the problem 70NYD. I did test drive, test everything. I even checked the engine... Everything and this car have a full service history. Just been service few months ago. The oil is clean. Then after I bought it, I drive it to the city and its ok. Then after I finished buying from the market and went back to the car, that's the time it started to do this... stays at 1 then down until it feels like the car almost stop and went back up and down.

Quote:
6 or 7 seconds to reach 80km/h?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqsmV...eature=related
that took approximately 6 seconds
same engine capacity.
also given a decent driver in a manual should always beat you to 80km/h because of finer gear control rather than the computer deciding when it would like to
not sure if it is really 6 to 7 seconds haha. mayb less mayb more.. Can't try it here cause speed cameras are everywhere...
Old 21-02-2010, 06:18 PM   #15
Cosmo Dude
コスモ

Car: Mazda '95 Astina I4, '86 B2K and '10 3 MZR-CD
Grab a can of Subaru upper engine cleaner from your local Subaru dealership, should cost under $20.
Follow the instructions on the can and pay attention to the throttle-body.
Old 21-02-2010, 07:23 PM   #16
mikey_something

Car: 1998 Toyota Supra 3.0L Twin Turbo
got a highway with a set of lights? practice ur hard takeoffs at the same time lol!
but in all seriousness roads are not a toy *stern face*

find private road, private property, old runway (aeropelican is great for speed runs in newcastle)

my car idles up and down on occasion, usually after a cold start or being left for a few days. its just something i deal with because its only ever been really bad once.
dropped down to a stall a few times, flushed and replaced oil and it was fine (pretty sure thats unrelated though)

does it rough idle when in park or neutral? or only drive?
mikey_something is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2010, 07:35 PM   #17
miah87

It rough idle in park, neutral, drive and reverse... Tried it this morning and its ok for a few seconds. Then it starts doing it again. Whenever it does this and I press on the pedal, the car will like shaking for 1 or 2 seconds then start moving. Gonna get it checked tomorrow and will tell you guys what is wrong with it. The previous owner said his wife drives it everyday but it never been like this before. I believe him because I test drive for quite long and its ok alright. Its just when I reverse, there's some noise but I don't know its from where.
Old 21-02-2010, 08:35 PM   #18
S373N

Car: 1991 Mazda 323 Astina GTX Conversion (Currently M.I.A)
Send a message via ICQ to S373N Send a message via AIM to S373N Send a message via MSN to S373N Send a message via Yahoo to S373N
I get a bit of shake when I take off in first but my guess is, being a manual, the clutch is slippy.
S373N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2010, 09:07 PM   #19
02-KQ-LASR
SHO~247

Car: laser kq 2002
should this really be in the worklog section?

custom boot install(fibreglass boxes),mazda 3 handbrake rachet,power window motors x 2,power window switches, guage rings

its all gotta go!!!
pm me any offers!!
02-KQ-LASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2010, 10:50 PM   #20
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

Quote:
Originally Posted by miah87 View Post
It rough idle in park, neutral, drive and reverse... Tried it this morning and its ok for a few seconds. Then it starts doing it again. Whenever it does this and I press on the pedal, the car will like shaking for 1 or 2 seconds then start moving. Gonna get it checked tomorrow and will tell you guys what is wrong with it. The previous owner said his wife drives it everyday but it never been like this before. I believe him because I test drive for quite long and its ok alright. Its just when I reverse, there's some noise but I don't know its from where.
i had a same problem, turned out to be the insulation plate (part between the rotor button and the rest of distributor/coil) it had a crack and was behaving EXACTLY how u described.. $17 later from mazda it was fixed.